NHL 2010-2011

wesdog82

Saw this today buried in that Whalers story... figured somebody already caught it. And I figured I'd find in somewhere in this thread...

I've stated this before, but I'm strongly in support of the original Panthers colors. And most of the vocal fans I've seen are in support of a return to red as the dominant color. It's a relief to see that they plan to retain the primary logo -- which IMO is far superior to the circle logo on the alt -- although I actually prefer the one without the broken stick.

However, with every uni change the Panthers make, I find myself settling for a "it could be worse" mentality. When the navy alt became the primary home, it was "well, at least they still have the red as an alt." When the atrocious Edge versions came out, it was "well, at least they kept the logos and colors and maybe even added a bit more red to the sleeves of the two surviving jerseys." And then of course when this light blue disaster came out it made me appreciate the navy version that much more. With every passing change I hope to hang on to some piece of the previous, at-that-point superior look.

If they had not been so late to the double-blue bandwagon -- even though I know it's not huge in the NHL, it only further confuses the Panthers' colors with a team in their own division (Thrashers) -- then maybe I could live with it, especially if the main logo stays. But why not go with teal and navy? It would fit Florida, the nearby Marlins are dumping it, and as far as I know only the Seattle Mariners use that combo. (And the NHL's other teal team is across the country, not just up I-75.) I could have handled that, even though it means that the last link to the original set (the white jersey) will go away. That seems certain for 2011 anyway.

But it really surprises me that the few fans that speak up seem to want red, and the team doesn't care.

The Florida Panthers...so irrelevant, even their uniforms are behind the trend!!

The fact that ownership isn't even listening to the few fans they still have is damning to the ownership. However, we realized just how damn incompetent the Panthers' organization is long before this...

CONFETTI!!

party-confetti01.jpg

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ducks are planning to show their new 3rd jersey on November 26th vs the Blackhawks.

http://ducks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=536121&navid=DL|ANA|home

So they're basically re-confirming it?

The third jersey will put an alternative spin on the traditional colors and logo, also paying homage to the club?s history.

This little tidbit of information has me excited :D

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

The Panthers look sharper in navy sweaters and socks than they do in red ones. The red and yellow pop off the navy base better than navy and yellow off red.

Absolutely agree, which is probably why I preferred the white to the red jerseys originally. However, I wish they'd brought back the red in the same style as the white and navy jerseys (pre-Edge). Basically just invert these and use yellow as the trim rather than the white they used on the original:

Olli%2BJokinen.jpg

I think that would create a similar "pop." Certainly the red would.

Visited the Consol Energy Center today, and bought one of these:

aasfsdafsa.jpg?t=1281927530

Perhaps they'll be adorning the penguins sweaters this year?

Does it have the hard plastic on the back or is it ready to be sewn on?

The plastic on the back is the same consistency of the 09 Stanley Cup Finals and 08 Winter Classic ones I have, if that makes sense.

Is there an explanation for the inclusion of red on the patch, other than to hint at the stadium's sponsor, CONSOL Energy?

My guess is no.

oBIgzrL.png

Is there an explanation for the inclusion of red on the patch, other than to hint at the stadium's sponsor, CONSOL Energy?

if two color dots are all there is, I can handle that, especially after the corporate advertisement that the Devils wore

openinglogo.jpg

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

The plastic on the back is the same consistency of the 09 Stanley Cup Finals and 08 Winter Classic ones I have, if that makes sense.

Yeah that's good, that's no problem. Going to have to pick one up, maybe if they do in fact wear it I'll have my 09 final patch replaced.

1zgyd8w.jpg

This has kinda fell under the cracks, but yesterday in Newsday they said that the Rangers will have an alternate this season that says "New York" in the traditional diagonal font. Think what they wore back in the day and during that 9/11 charity fundraiser game they had against the Sabres, I guess.

However the new practice jerseys have the Lady Liberty logo, so who knows which direction they'll take

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

This has kinda fell under the cracks, but yesterday in Newsday they said that the Rangers will have an alternate this season that says "New York" in the traditional diagonal font. Think what they wore back in the day and during that 9/11 charity fundraiser game they had against the Sabres, I guess.

However the new practice jerseys have the Lady Liberty logo, so who knows which direction they'll take

Isn't that what the Rangers have already had on their practice jerseys for the last few years though?

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

Gird your loins for Buffasnake.

After reading the Icethetics speculation, I think it's a good bet that the Sabres are on their way to another incredibly horrible new uniform.

"Dingy" white? A yellow nameplate? They really couldn't just do a simple blue jersey with the "BUFFALO" script from the old Bisons on the chest?

After reading the Icethetics speculation, I think it's a good bet that the Sabres are on their way to another incredibly horrible new uniform.

"Dingy" white? A yellow nameplate? They really couldn't just do a simple blue jersey with the "BUFFALO" script from the old Bisons on the chest?

This throwback craze needs to die...

It has made jersey unveilings an absolute bore as of late because franchises just regurgitate the looks of the past and never come up with anything original. I wouldn't mind as much if it was restricted to designs that actually worked but that is so far from the truth... How else can you explain the 'contrasting nameplate craze' an element that looked ridiculous in 70's and looks even more so now?

From what we've heard it sounds like the Sabres third is going to be an absolute trainwreck. The Organization simply doesn't get it. They could have just toke the Royal Blue and Gold Uniforms they had prior to 1996 and adapted them to the edge template and everyone would have been happy (well except me cause I like the Red and Blacks :P ). Instead they will be wearing three awful looking jerseys.

As for the Rangers just changing the script from "Rangers" to "New York" on their third, that is just plain lazy... They already had a great Alternate look in the Liberty jerseys and they could have used this opportuinity to fix some of the flaws in that design (Striping, Secondary Logo) and make something really great. Instead we get a clone of their home jersey with a different script cause retro is cool <_<

This throwback craze needs to die...

It has made jersey unveilings an absolute bore as of late because franchises just regurgitate the looks of the past and never come up with anything original. I wouldn't mind as much if it was restricted to designs that actually worked but that is so far from the truth... How else can you explain the 'contrasting nameplate craze' an element that looked ridiculous in 70's and looks even more so now?

From what we've heard it sounds like the Sabres third is going to be an absolute trainwreck. The Organization simply doesn't get it. They could have just toke the Royal Blue and Gold Uniforms they had prior to 1996 and adapted them to the edge template and everyone would have been happy (well except me cause I like the Red and Blacks :P ). Instead they will be wearing three awful looking jerseys.

As for the Rangers just changing the script from "Rangers" to "New York" on their third, that is just plain lazy... They already had a great Alternate look in the Liberty jerseys and they could have used this opportuinity to fix some of the flaws in that design (Striping, Secondary Logo) and make something really great. Instead we get a clone of their home jersey with a different script cause retro is cool <_<

I think this throwback craze is a direct response to the super-futuristic jerseys Reebok pushed on the league. Average fans were ok with their teams' jerseys in the early 2000s, even if they weren't perfect. Reebok pushes new jerseys, and everyone realizes that they should never have accepted the previous ones, let alone these new ones.

With that, I'm ok with it. A lot of franchises are realizing that they had it right before, and they're fixing some things.

Apparently, the Sabres can't go back to the original jerseys in the edge template because of copyright reasons. Now I don't know the details, but I've been told multiple times that the colors are owned by someone else. That's why there's these changes to the originals. I do recall Darcy Regier saying that the Winter Classic was "probably the last time we'll ever wear these sweaters."

on the nameplates and the Rangers though, I do agree with you

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Archived