NHL 2010-2011

wesdog82

[2011 Heritage Classic Logo]

There we go...I'd debate going to this game if I weren't an accountant and didn't have only 6 total days off between Jan 3 and April 15th.

FML.

What, no "sick" days?

I wish...but there are no such things when you're working 70 hour weeks, for real illness or hooky reasons.

I had a 102 or a couple days last February...it was the most miserable thing ever.

That's why I'm hoping to go to grad school in 2011 and end up in a private firm where that sort of thing never happens.

I've always wanted to follow the Rangers on a Western Canada trip...

Best of luck with your aspirations, njmeadowlanders!

Further, you better not get sick whenever the Rangers get an opportunity to host the Winter Classic.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Habs jersey would be classic if it had a lace up. Unlike the flames cheap fauxback, the habs uniform would look better WITH one.

I see the Flames' jersey and McMahon stadium as the beginning of the end for throwback jerseys and the Heritage Classic. The Flames just don't get it. They have no clue how to market this event and they don't care at all about overexposing it.

The Winter classic is purely about the aesthetics. Fact is neither McMahon stadium nor these uniforms will look good on TV.

Those Flames jerseys are gunning for the ugliest uniforms in the history of the NHL and they were put together very hastily. They do nothing to honour the Tigers and they look like nothing more than an obvious money grab. Those jerseys and I dare say the Flames current management are the opposite of classy.

Uh, the whole point is for it to be a money grab. It wouldn't be any less so if they were the best jerseys on earth.

There is absolutely nothing aesthetically pleasing about Rich Stadium or Commonwealth Stadium yet those have hosted successful Winter/Heritage Classics. Did it help that both were the first of their kind? Sure, but aesthetics are not a reason to dismiss McMahon.

These outdoor games are overexposed but you picked the wrong reasons to single out Calgary on this one.

The Habs jersey would be classic if it had a lace up. Unlike the flames cheap fauxback, the habs uniform would look better WITH one.

I see the Flames' jersey and McMahon stadium as the beginning of the end for throwback jerseys and the Heritage Classic. The Flames just don't get it. They have no clue how to market this event and they don't care at all about overexposing it.

The Winter classic is purely about the aesthetics. Fact is neither McMahon stadium nor these uniforms will look good on TV.

Those Flames jerseys are gunning for the ugliest uniforms in the history of the NHL and they were put together very hastily. They do nothing to honour the Tigers and they look like nothing more than an obvious money grab. Those jerseys and I dare say the Flames current management are the opposite of classy.

1. Marketing this game is not going to be a problem. 57,167 is what they had in 2003 when they played this game in Edmonton at Commonwealth Stadium. McMahon maybe not as big but this game will sellout, who cares what it looks like on TV.

2. That Flames jersey is one the best I have ever seen made in the history of the NHL and it not as bad as some of the other jersey that have been made over the years.

4a572869405388047400c9c90cfa.jpeg

Oklahoma City Blazers (Central HL) anybody?

and in person, they have a lovable quality to them because they simply are so different...but for the NHL? with no actual historical precedent? i think it's gonna look terrible, though i could be wrong

It seems these are loved or hated, and I'm leaning towards the hated. after all of the research I did on the tigers, it could have been awesome. but no, they did a "tribute jersey" and not a great one.

The Habs could have at least put a freaking laceup on it and tell us it's the 50s version, but no, they just give us the same thing and tell us to like it. I hope sales are poor of it just to prove that point.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Actually doesn't that version of the white jersey date back to 1975?

Fun Color Fact For the Day:

The Canadiens changed both their Red and Blue between the 1998-1999 and 1999-2000 seasons:

MontrealCanadiens_FRC_1999_SOL_SRGB.png

MontrealCanadiens_FRC_9999_SOL_SRGB.png

ColorWerx ,

pleace create colors guide for Heritage logo!!!

Great if you correct colors for Calgary uni too :rolleyes:

I?m pretty sure this has been mentioned, but Kevin Clark, New Jersey Devils P.A. Announcer and Uni Watch member, doesn?t remember seeing this on Uni Watch yet, so ?FYI, the Devils will be wearing their retro red, green and white uniforms on March 18th, 2011 vs the Washington Capitals.?

Woohoo!

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I like the Flames jersey. I like the use of the white flaming C instead of the awful black one they've been using for the last while.

That's not white. It's and off-white like Minnesota

I don't know, looks pretty straight up white to my eyes anyways, it doesn't have that cream quality the Wild third uses IMO.

flames.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Further, you better not get sick whenever the Rangers get an opportunity to host the Winter Classic.

Well that'd be Jan 1st...no problem there.

Since Yankee Stadium will have a bowl game soon here's looking at Citi Field...Rangers/Leafs (I know it'd never happen b/c NBC wouldn't want a Canadian team but I can dream...)

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

I just had my mind blown by this realization that took almost 5 years to figure out

On the conference logos, the side that has the line in white points in the direction of the conference. The Western Conference is white on the left hand side and grey on the other and vice-versa for the Eastern Conference.

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

I just had my mind blown by this realization that took almost 5 years to figure out

On the conference logos, the side that has the line in white points in the direction of the conference. The Western Conference is white on the left hand side and grey on the other and vice-versa for the Eastern Conference.

I didn't pay attention to that, but yes, the hightlight on the shield is on the western half of the sheild for the Western Conference and the eastern half for the Eastern Conference.

was it so hard to go with a full on throwback. that red/yellow combo is absolutley terrible. if they put the actual calgary tigers logo, this jersey would look much better. but NOOOOOOOO. they just had to mix era's.

sport-scarf_celtic-2_zps105bfcbf.png

was it so hard to go with a full on throwback. that red/yellow combo is absolutley terrible. if they put the actual calgary tigers logo, this jersey would look much better. but NOOOOOOOO. they just had to mix era's.

They're just copying the Chicago Blackhawks faux throwback from last year with their own faux throwback. *Sarcasm* Don't be so hard on them for not being original! *sarcasm has ended*

Archived