NHL 2010-2011

wesdog82

IMG00132-20100727-1048.jpg

When the Capitals did their retro rebrand in 2007/08 the biggest dissapointment for me was the absence of the multicoloured stars on the sleeves and below the shoulder yolk. That particular element really set them apart from the other Red, Blue and White teams. I hope they dont mess with the traditional jerseys too much.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

39724_415451087465_61652252465_5075613_3112352_n.jpg

Perfect. References bridges, rivers, steel, and maybe even fort pitt itself (thats what the little things on the corners of the box "Winter Classic" is in remind me of) all at once in a tasteful, flowing manner.

oBIgzrL.png

What really makes the Winter Classic logos work, with the exception of the first one, is that they are including something iconic about the area into the logo. You feel where the logo is from. It's why the just released NHL All-Star Game logo and this year's MLB All-Star Game logos failed to me. They just don't place the game anywhere through images.

Here's hoping the Caps lose the Winter Classic and have a more successful campaign in the 2011 Playoffs.

(Yes, I know what I'm saying).

Well so far, every road team playing in the Winter Classic has made it to the Stanley Cup Finals....

Exactly where I was going with that. :hockeysmiley:

The Caps will not make it to the Cup final, sorry.

You say that with absolute certainty. I hope you're wrong. :P

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Here's hoping the Caps lose the Winter Classic and have a more successful campaign in the 2011 Playoffs.

(Yes, I know what I'm saying).

Well so far, every road team playing in the Winter Classic has made it to the Stanley Cup Finals....

...and lost to a team that played in it the year before. But I guess this year that won't happen.

Great logo. The Clemente Bridge artwork also reminds me of the truss on the outside of the Igloo, though I'm sure that wasn't intended.

That's the Fort Pitt/Duquesne Bridge, not the Clemente Bridge

Okey dokes.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity."

--Abraham Lincoln

From Reebok Hockey's Facebook page-

"Reebok Hockey The 2011 NHL Heritage Classic at McMahon Stadium in Calgary will have the Flames facing-off against the Habs. What do you think those uniforms will look like? Check back Aug 4th when we post pics of the real deal."

After plenty of research, and the Flames saying they're using a jersey "from long before the Flames existed", I figure these are the possibilities, from greatest to least chance of it happening (still holding out for that white 1989 jersey!)

CalgaryFlamesHeritageClassicpossibilities.jpg?t=1280443664

Thoughts?

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

From Reebok Hockey's Facebook page-

"Reebok Hockey The 2011 NHL Heritage Classic at McMahon Stadium in Calgary will have the Flames facing-off against the Habs. What do you think those uniforms will look like? Check back Aug 4th when we post pics of the real deal."

After plenty of research, and the Flames saying they're using a jersey "from long before the Flames existed", I figure these are the possibilities, from greatest to least chance of it happening (still holding out for that white 1989 jersey!)

CalgaryFlamesHeritageClassicpossibilities.jpg?t=1280443664

Thoughts?

I would honestly like to see one of the tiger concepts for this, especially the 1924 one.

baltimoreravens.png

I'd like to see the 1924 Tigers, especially since they are playing Montreal and lost the finals to them.

On another note, the NHL really likes to promote the Winter Classic by going to the host stadium and getting players from opposing teams to be at the announcement. Will the NHL do this for the Heritage Classic or is it not as big a deal to the NHL as the Winter Classic?

I'd like to see the 1924 Tigers, especially since they are playing Montreal and lost the finals to them.

On another note, the NHL really likes to promote the Winter Classic by going to the host stadium and getting players from opposing teams to be at the announcement. Will the NHL do this for the Heritage Classic or is it not as big a deal to the NHL as the Winter Classic?

ideally, the NHL would let the habs wear red in that game, just like they did in 1924, but I don't see that happening.

I think the Heritage Classic will definitely play second fiddle, and will probably see limited hype in the States and in the NHL, which is a shame, really.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Archived