NHL 2010-2011

wesdog82

I know I'm a bit late to the game on this one, but at the ASG logo unveiling, the dark red background looked a lot darker, almost like it was halfway between red and black:

asglogo.png

Maybe it's just the photograph--everything on the placard does look a bit washed out. But the contrast between the background and the bright red looks a lot greater, and the contrast between the background and the black puck looks a lot smaller. Maybe the logo actually has a darker color?

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know I'm a bit late to the game on this one, but at the ASG logo unveiling, the dark red background looked a lot darker, almost like it was halfway between red and black:

asglogo.png

Maybe it's just the photograph--everything on the placard does look a bit washed out. But the contrast between the background and the bright red looks a lot greater, and the contrast between the background and the black puck looks a lot smaller. Maybe the logo actually has a darker color?

Or a black to red gradient in the background.

Why do the Hurricanes have a cow(?) as a mascot?

It's a pig, and outside of a possible "Deliverance" connection, I have no earthly idea.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Why do the Hurricanes have a cow(?) as a mascot?

It's a pig, and outside of a possible "Deliverance" connection, I have no earthly idea.

Guess we know what really happened to Steve Chiasson.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Here's hoping the Caps lose the Winter Classic and have a more successful campaign in the 2011 Playoffs.

(Yes, I know what I'm saying).

Well so far, every road team playing in the Winter Classic has made it to the Stanley Cup Finals....

Exactly where I was going with that. :hockeysmiley:

You just better hope they win the WC the way it's trending...

2008: Penguins win WC, lose SC

2009: Red Wings win WC, lose SC

2010: Flyers lose WC, lose SC

Is there any word on when the Sabres are going to unveil their new uniforms? It's August and we don't even have a date to look forward to yet. At this point in 2006, the Slug had leaked weeks ago and the new uniforms were unveiled at an open practice. Let's get on with it already.

Hopefully, this means something in the vein of those 1924 Calgary Tigers unis.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Hopefully, this means something in the vein of those 1924 Calgary Tigers unis.

My thoughts exactly.

For those without the NHL Network you can watch it on NHL.com or Flames.com

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Archived