NHL 2010-2011

wesdog82

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This may be the one occasion where the "red & yellow = McDonald's" thing actually has some merit.

Well, aside from this, which is the first thing these jerseys reminded me of:

kwingsmcd1.jpg

The Flames would have done far better to keep this one black and yellow.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

From the Flames website:

player_inside_classic_jersey.jpg

Yup. Beige breezers...

A Classic Jersey

Calgary, AB - The Calgary Flames are proud to announce that they will wear a fusion design jersey honouring the history of professional hockey in Calgary (inspired by the Calgary Tigers’ uniform) for the Heritage Classic at McMahon Stadium on February 20, 2011 versus the Montreal Canadiens.

The Tigers helped form the Western Canada Hockey League in 1921 to become the first major professional team in Calgary. In 1924, after winning the Western Canadian Championships, the Tigers became the first Calgary-based club to compete for the Stanley Cup, losing the best of three Finals in a sweep to the Montreal Canadiens led by Georges Vezina and Howie Morenz.

The Flames worked with the design team at Reebok to create the vintage look. The jersey features the same jersey striping pattern with a beige Flames C logo in a vintage felt application.

The uniform is a deeper red color with gold stripes and will include the 2011 Heritage Classic logo patch on the front. The Flames will also wear a beige hockey pant to complete this traditional look.

The Tigers competed a total of eleven seasons in four leagues, winning four championships during their existence. The Tigers played the first professional hockey game in Calgary on December 19, 1921 at the Victoria Arena, defeating the Regina Capitals 3–2 before a crowd of 3,000 fans.

Five Tigers players earned election to the Hockey Hall of Fame.

Red Dutton, who played 123 games with the Tigers before moving to the NHL where he played 449 more with the Montreal Maroons and New York Americans; Herb Gardiner who began his professional career in Calgary in 1920, remained with the Tigers until he was sold to the Montreal Canadiens in 1926, where he would go on to win the Hart Memorial Trophy as NHL Most Valuable Player in 1927; Harry Oliver who would go on to play eleven seasons in the NHL with the Boston Bruins and New York Americans; Barney Stanley, who had previously won a Stanley Cup with the 1915 Vancouver Millionaires; and Rusty Crawford, a former member of Stanley Cup winning teams: the Quebec Bulldogs (1913) and the Toronto Arenas (1918).

*Calgary Tigers historical information supported by the Hockey Hall of Fame.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Seeing how the Flames currently have what is arguably the worst looking set in the league (Excluding the Retro Alternate) right now, I wasn't expecting much but even so, wow...

That is just awful...

Making the logo white and putting it on a yellow background renders it instiguishable from a distance and the striping pattern looks like it was slapped together in 5 minutes. Theres no historical precedent for the jersey at all. At best it looks like a half assed approximation of how a retro themed sweater should look. At worst it looks like a Ronald McDonald Clownsuit. On the bright side its saved me $130.

Bleh to the beige pants. But for what it is, I actually quite like the Flames' set :D

And from the Canadiens website:

The Canadiens will sport the same jersey worn for home games between 1974-75 and 1995-96.

classic_jersey_front_back.jpg

So it's basically their current road jersey. How exciting.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

The Canadiens will sport the same jersey worn for home games between 1974-75 and 1995-96.

Again, it's the Montreal Canadiens. They wear hockey's equivalent of the Yankees' pinstripes. Their regular set is pretty classic/vintage as is.

Again, it's the Montreal Canadiens. They wear hockey's equivalent of the Yankees' pinstripes. Their regular set is pretty classic/vintage as is.

And seeing as they ran through most of their old designs in the past 2 seasons, it would be kind of hard to break out something that hasn't been seen in a long time.

Archived