NHL 2010-2011

wesdog82

The socks are still completely unnecessary.

More sockless hockey players, I say! Let's see some shinpads!

Im pretty sure he meant the striping on them

As was I...I can see that my finely honed sense of irony is slipping!

On topic, The stripes are absolutely iconic, and I was pleased to see the Leafs go this route in '92 and maintain it to this day.

I can haz sig?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is a picture of the Maple Leaf new uniforms in action ( or on ice ).

ed16307d4ca0a8edb16e1026e802.jpeg

They look more better in action.

Very nice. Now if they would just shi*tcan the "Ballard Leaf" crest and use the one from the third jersey on all of their sweaters then they'd finally look like the real Toronto Maple Leafs again. BTW-What's with the frickin' Reetard logos on the socks? Why doesn't Reetard put 'em on the as* of the pants too because it's :censored: that we have to have logos everywhere on uniforms. This is North America! We're not a bunch of wimpas*ed Euros whose uniforms look like human billboards!

Someone forgot to take their pills today, I see.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Very nice. Now if they would just shi*tcan the "Ballard Leaf" crest and use the one from the third jersey on all of their sweaters then they'd finally look like the real Toronto Maple Leafs again. BTW-What's with the frickin' Reetard logos on the socks? Why doesn't Reetard put 'em on the as* of the pants too because it's :censored: that we have to have logos everywhere on uniforms. This is North America! We're not a bunch of wimpas*ed Euros whose uniforms look like human billboards!

It's only there for the rookie showcase. Same thing happened last year I believe. The real NHL version doesn't have the logo there.

That's interesting. Something to look further into. Personally, I think it's a bunch of crap, since the Sabres wore their 70-95 road sweaters as alternates a whole bunch of times.

And, if the legal theory is valid, they probably negotiated/paid for that. But it's totally a theory based solely on someone saying that they don't "own" the rights to the colours. My supposition on a legal clause in a sale agreement is just a plausible way that *could* have happened if it is indeed true. But yes, it could be a load of crap. So too could the original assertion about them not owning the rights to the colours.

You cant trademark a colour scheme or uniform. Only a logo can be trademarked.

Quite possibly (I am not a lawyer) but I believe a colour scheme and uniform could come under "Intellectual Property" in a legal sense which may have been a way to allow the previous owners to continue earning money from the franchise.

Hmm. I thought this was established through a variety of claims by NCAA members that color combinations and words could be protected. I'm pretty sure I can't go down to Husky Stadium and sell a purple shirt with the word Washington written in gold letters.

If the Knox estate still owns the Sabres' old intellectual property, then surely they'd be able to sue the current organization for their rebrand, which makes them once more a Buffalo hockey team in blue and yellow with a primary logo of a buffalo between two sabres. Darkening the blue, putting silver outlines around everything, and sticking implausible colored armpit patches in the sweater wouldn't get them out of the legal woods.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

this came from the SNY Rangers Blog, 85th Anniversary Patch

thumbphp.jpg

also, apparently the rangers new third will also have to do with the 85th anniversary. hopefully something like Rangers arched over the player number.

I'm not sure that would work. The Rangers, in their 84 years of existence, only wore that look for one year (1946-47 season).

this came from the SNY Rangers Blog, 85th Anniversary Patch

thumbphp.jpg

also, apparently the rangers new third will also have to do with the 85th anniversary. hopefully something like Rangers arched over the player number.

I'm not sure that would work. The Rangers, in their 84 years of existence, only wore that look for one year (1946-47 season).

They did wear a 75th Anniversary on their shoulders all season. I haven't heard if they will wear this one all season or for select games or whatnot. I hope they go w/ the one on the ticket booklet and not the shopping bag if they do.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Ballard Leaf > Traditional Leaf

Ehh... before I saw it on a player I liked the white collar... now I feel it is unnecessary or just too big... Regardless, better than what they've been wearing the past few years.

Got to agree 100% with you on the colour, at first it's nice to see it sticking out, but then you go Wow!!!! that's a little much...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

I, for one, cannot WAIT for the day when you unleash a bunch of balloons and float your house to Paradise Falls.

If the Knox estate still owns the Sabres' old intellectual property, then surely they'd be able to sue the current organization for their rebrand, which makes them once more a Buffalo hockey team in blue and yellow with a primary logo of a buffalo between two sabres. Darkening the blue, putting silver outlines around everything, and sticking implausible colored armpit patches in the sweater wouldn't get them out of the legal woods.

No, no, you see, as long as there are five differences...

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Hmm. I thought this was established through a variety of claims by NCAA members that color combinations and words could be protected. I'm pretty sure I can't go down to Husky Stadium and sell a purple shirt with the word Washington written in gold letters.

You can trademark a color if it's non-functional and has acquired secondary meaning.

A textbook example is Owens-Corning fiberglass insulation. It's pink, and trademarked, because (1) insulation can be any color and (2) the color pink has come to be associated with their product (perhaps you remember their Pink Panther commercials?).

1zgyd8w.jpg

Icethetics has some new descriptions of rumored alternate jerseys:

http://www.icethetics.info/blog/2010/9/4/nhl-jerseywatch-2010.html

Ducks

Icethetics has it on good authority that the jersey will be black with the standalone "D" logo front and center on the chest. No wordmarks! The sleeve striping will be similar to that of the black jersey but with orange cuffs.

Most intriguing is the return of the classic Mighty Ducks logo inside an oval-shaped shoulder patch, recolored in orange and gold of course. In addition, the jersey features orange piping around the shoulders as well as orange, white and gold piping up and down the sides a la the Flames' jerseys.

Sabres

We also have new details on the Sabres' new third jersey. It's royal blue and celebrates the history of Buffalo hockey with a vintage white script across the chest inspired by the old Buffalo Bisons club. Beneath the script and set to the right side is the Sabres' 40th anniversary mark ? the retro logo with 19 and 70 inside the blue circle.

The striping is somewhat unusual. Both the sleeves and bottom of the sweater feature two sets of yellow double-stripes ? for a total of four stripes each around the sleeves an waist, perhaps symbolic of each decade the team has existed. The collar is yellow with vintage white laces.

Not sure at the moment whether the front of the jersey will feature the sweater number. However, the numbers will be vintage white with blue cross-stitching inside, as seen in graphics displayed on the Sabres' website. The nameplate on the back will be gold with royal blue lettering.

Rangers

Icethetics has discovered that the Rangers will wear a navy blue third jersey, with NEW YORK emblazoned in red, diagonal text down the front. However, it's not the typeface we're used to seeing on the Rangers. It's more of a "retro" font, if you will ? straight (not italic) with a vintage white stroke on the letters.

In addition, there is a thick red stripe that wraps around the sleeves and bottom of the jersey, bordered in thinner vintage white stripes. The collar is vintage white with vintage white laces and the little Reebok triangle is red.

Rangers

Icethetics has discovered that the Rangers will wear a navy blue third jersey, with NEW YORK emblazoned in red, diagonal text down the front. However, it's not the typeface we're used to seeing on the Rangers. It's more of a "retro" font, if you will — straight (not italic) with a vintage white stroke on the letters.

In addition, there is a thick red stripe that wraps around the sleeves and bottom of the jersey, bordered in thinner vintage white stripes. The collar is vintage white with vintage white laces and the little Reebok triangle is red.

So this?

562.png

Obviously with NEW YORK instead of RANGERS, and darker...

Icethetics has some new descriptions of rumored alternate jerseys:

http://www.icethetics.info/blog/2010/9/4/nhl-jerseywatch-2010.html

Ducks

Icethetics has it on good authority that the jersey will be black with the standalone "D" logo front and center on the chest. No wordmarks! The sleeve striping will be similar to that of the black jersey but with orange cuffs.

Most intriguing is the return of the classic Mighty Ducks logo inside an oval-shaped shoulder patch, recolored in orange and gold of course. In addition, the jersey features orange piping around the shoulders as well as orange, white and gold piping up and down the sides a la the Flames' jerseys.

So Anaheim will be yet another Pacific division team with two black jerseys, very dissapointing. Most Worrying though is the discription of the piping. Three different colours running up the sides? I think were in for another futuristic mess. At least they arent using a Wordmark.

The white collar on the Leafs' jersey is unnecessary. I think the shoulder patch needs to shrink in size just a tad. And, do the stripes look wider than before?

The Rangers need to bring back the Liberty 3rd or 4th (white).

What happened to the Ducks' orange 3rd?

The white collar on the Leafs' jersey is unnecessary. I think the shoulder patch needs to shrink in size just a tad. And, do the stripes look wider than before?

The Rangers need to bring back the Liberty 3rd or 4th (white).

What happened to the Ducks' orange 3rd?

-Agreed.

-Our only hope of seeing Lady Liberty on the uniforms this year is on the shoulder patches. But I have my doubts.

-They don't and won't be getting an orange 3rd. It's going to be black with the D logo.

Archived