NHL 2010-2011

wesdog82

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

richardsactualsweater.jpg?t=1284855822

that's the closest i've ever seen to what the sabres did. that's Maurice Richard's actual sweater from when my buddy worked at the Canada Sports Hall of Fame.

Idk, something about the alternate rubs me the wrong way. It's alright...but it's not phenomenal. I'm actually going to miss the B-and-sword logo, i always thought it was a fantastic shoulder patch. at least the slug is dead.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Just so you all know, the Buffaslug is still listed as a secondary logo in the official files (at least, in the last one I have - for the 2010-2011 season, dated Jan 28, 2010).

They might not be completely ready to admit defeat yet.

20100720-Header-Mast.jpg

IT LIVES

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Meh. I'm glad the Sabres went out of their way to create a new road jersey for consistency's sake, but it doesn't feel right to me. It looks as if it was hastily cobbled together overnight. The thin blue stripes feel iffy, which isn't helped by the silver that just gets lost among the white - that is, just about everywhere except for the armpit area. Oh God, the armpit area.

The third jersey is nice, and I like almost everything about it except for the nameplate and the excessive cross-stiching on the numbers. Personally I'm not a fan of the royal blue and yellow colour scheme (which may be more to do with me asscociating it with a crummy UK based team than anything else), but as an alternate look for the Sabres it works well.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Like everyone else, I'm glad to see the sluggy go. And while the new uni's are far from perfect (piping and pitstains being the biggest offenders) I can tolerate them I suppose. Not really big on the new 3rd though. The waist stripes are too much IMO, I don't like the almost baseball-ee script, and most terrible of all, the painfully senseless, ugly, pointless contrasting name plate. I'll reserve judgement on the cross-stitching. Its dumb looking, but doesn't bother me nearly as much as the other elements, and if the rest of the jersey was better, and used more cream-coloured elements, it could work creating an (admittedly fake) old-timey kinda vibe.

Just so you all know, the Buffaslug is still listed as a secondary logo in the official files (at least, in the last one I have - for the 2010-2011 season, dated Jan 28, 2010).

20100720-Header-Mast.jpg

IT LIVES

Actually, that's the ghost of the Buffaslug. But still...

Who you gonna call?

bYhYmxh.png

richardsactualsweater.jpg?t=1284855822

that's the closest i've ever seen to what the sabres did. that's Maurice Richard's actual sweater from when my buddy worked at the Canada Sports Hall of Fame.

Idk, something about the alternate rubs me the wrong way. It's alright...but it's not phenomenal. I'm actually going to miss the B-and-sword logo, i always thought it was a fantastic shoulder patch. at least the slug is dead.

I find it sacrilegious when organizations try to use some of the most iconic historical references and incorporate them into Faux-Retro... remember when the Sabres came into the league, right? Anyhow, overall it's a solid identity , even for a FAN of the Slug like me...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

The "C" on the new Flyers Road jersey is White...Not Orange like it was in the Winter Classic....not liking that at all

Flyers10RoadUnveiling.jpg

I kinda' like it.

Well, it has a historical precedent, but the problem is that the "C" should be outlined in orange, not black. Like this picture:

bobby_clarke_photofile.jpg

They wore a black outlined "C" as well.

clarkegoyg.jpg

17d39f21-957a-437b-8af3-d3e112b5259f.gif

20100720-Header-Mast.jpg

IT LIVES

Actually, that's the ghost of the Buffaslug. But still...

Who you gonna call?

Ghostbuggers! :D

Just been watching the Ducks' training camp video, and noticed that the webbed D has replaced the wordmark on the players' helmets:

Fowler.png

I think they are slowly, slowly phasing the wordmark out now.

Are Ducks fans hoping that the webbed D will become the main crest, or something entirely new?

I'm sure it's somewhere in this thread, but when is the Ducks new 3rd going to be unveiled, and isn't it supposed to be orange with some sort of homage to the past? Don't kill me for asking. I don't keep up with logo/jersey news as much as I'd like.

Just been watching the Ducks' training camp video, and noticed that the webbed D has replaced the wordmark on the players' helmets:

Fowler.png

That looks so much better, but I think the Ducks have it reversed. The wordmark should be on the helmets and the wildwing's footprint should be the jersey crest.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The "C" on the new Flyers Road jersey is White...Not Orange like it was in the Winter Classic....not liking that at all

Flyers10RoadUnveiling.jpg

I kinda' like it.

Well, it has a historical precedent, but the problem is that the "C" should be outlined in orange, not black. Like this picture:

bobby_clarke_photofile.jpg

They wore a black outlined "C" as well.

clarkegoyg.jpg

...And it looks better black anyways.

Lose the stupid name-plate thing, and the flyers would look pretty fantastic.

Fowler.png

Are Ducks fans hoping that the webbed D will become the main crest, or something entirely new?

I'm sure it's somewhere in this thread, but when is the Ducks new 3rd going to be unveiled, and isn't it supposed to be orange with some sort of homage to the past? Don't kill me for asking. I don't keep up with logo/jersey news as much as I'd like.

Me personally, I'd like it to be the main crest, just because the wordmark doesn't do it haha. But at the same time, I don't feel that the "D" by itself is strong enough to be on the front. I wish it was the D with a little more to it somehow. But it's really all we can get out of this current identity package that is the strongest (the D on the front). So at some point, yeah I'd like the D all alone.

The new third is going to be released at the November 26th matinee game against the Blackhawks. This is the day after Thanksgiving. The jersey will be black and feature the D all by itself on the front. The sleeves will have the same striping as the current jerseys but with orange instead of black cuffs. The sholder yoke will be black with orange piping around it (like the Hurricanes red jersey with black shoulder piping) and an oval logo with the Mighty Ducks logo in gold/orange. The side panels with be similar to the Flames' jerseys with orange/gold/white piping.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Fowler.png

Me personally, I'd like it to be the main crest, just because the wordmark doesn't do it haha. But at the same time, I don't feel that the "D" by itself is strong enough to be on the front. I wish it was the D with a little more to it somehow. But it's really all we can get out of this current identity package that is the strongest (the D on the front). So at some point, yeah I'd like the D all alone.

The new third is going to be released at the November 26th matinee game against the Blackhawks. This is the day after Thanksgiving. The jersey will be black and feature the D all by itself on the front. The sleeves will have the same striping as the current jerseys but with orange instead of black cuffs. The sholder yoke will be black with orange piping around it (like the Hurricanes red jersey with black shoulder piping) and an oval logo with the Mighty Ducks logo in gold/orange. The side panels with be similar to the Flames' jerseys with orange/gold/white piping.

Good description, thanks. Sounds interesting. I like the addition of the Mighty Ducks logo, and can't wait to see how it looks in the new colors.

Apologies if posted earlier but:

Unless this is just a training camp thing (lol?), the Oilers have made a couple minor changes to their white (away) helmets. I assume they'll make the similar changes to the navy (alternate) helmets too.

First, they have changed the "OILERS" script to the 'flipped' one with "Edmonton" written above it.

Old / New:

2010sb.jpg2011sw.jpg

The other change is to the helmet numbers. The new ones have a white/red outline now to match what is on the jersey.

Old / New:

2010na.jpg2011n.jpg

Fowler.png

The new jersey will be unveiled the day after Thanksgiving, November 26 against the Chicago Blackhawks. I bought tickets to that game.

Archived