NHL 2010-2011

wesdog82

To clarify,

Yes, I do think the penguins need shoulder patches, but on both shoulders. Having it on just one looks odd, IMO, and that is why the Consol patch should be on the chest, not the shoulder.

Having logos on both shoulders would spruce up an otherwise bland jersey just enough, but not too much.

And I agree with Lee/Ice_Cap. Move the thing up, at least.

Its all nitpickyness, though.

oBIgzrL.png

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually think the Penguins have one of the cleanest looks in the NHL. My only gripe is the Vegas Gold. That color needs to be replaced with Pittsburgh Gold as soon as possible.

I have the same feelings about the gold. I'm sure after seeing the seats in the new arena, winning a cup, and Mario liking Vegas, it's not going to happen.

KISSwall09.jpg

My only gripe is the Vegas Gold. That color needs to be replaced with Pittsburgh Gold as soon as possible.

I'd agree with you but Lemieux has made it a point since becoming owner of ditching Pittsburgh gold. The fact that the new Winter Classic jerseys are going to be a continuation of this blue on blue theme should just about finish off any chance of the Pittsburgh gold coming back with him as an owner.

I wouldn't say it is completely dead. It is still included in the teams current official style guide as an alternate logo.

It's not featured on the ice, on either primary uniform, or on the alternate uniform. It's barely present on the website. If it's not dead it's on life-support.

I wouldn't say it is completely dead. It is still included in the teams current official style guide as an alternate logo.

It's not featured on the ice, on either primary uniform, or on the alternate uniform. It's barely present on the website. If it's not dead it's on life-support.

Tis on the site still, green but alive

20100914-Module-GreenTeam.jpg

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

Saw some Flyers unnumbered youth replicas today. Even the unnumbered jerseys come with the stupid contrasting nameplate. It looks way dumber without letters in it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Watching Sabres vs. Leafs now, they look spectacular, I'm so happy I could cry.

aaaand Stafford scores! Go Sabres!

Indeed. I especially can't wait for when...or if the Islanders pay a visit to the Sabres, with the Sabres wearing their vintage royal blues alts.

Saw some Flyers unnumbered youth replicas today. Even the unnumbered jerseys come with the stupid contrasting nameplate. It looks way dumber without letters in it.

I'm going to venture a guess and say that's only because they're youth jerseys. I have an orange replica (not numbered) and there's no white name plate on it.

Oh wow, just turned TSN on at at the intermission, they were using the Slug for the Sabres on their desk tv screen. And on the scoreboard at the top of the screen, the Slug is in full effect! Get with it, TSN!

I know, even leafstv had it right yesterday. But we should know by now that TSN, along with the NHL Network, is graphically stuck in 1997. So why should we expect them to change a team's logo so quickly...

Oh wow, just turned TSN on at at the intermission, they were using the Slug for the Sabres on their desk tv screen. And on the scoreboard at the top of the screen, the Slug is in full effect! Get with it, TSN!

I know, even leafstv had it right yesterday. But we should know by now that TSN, along with the NHL Network, is graphically stuck in 1997. So why should we expect them to change a team's logo so quickly...

They had the slug on the scoreboard at the ACC Monday night as well.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Archived