NHL 2010-2011

wesdog82

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll agree that they had better ideas to work with - any of the diagonally-lettered jerseys would have been great - even the "Snoop Dog" black one (which I think they are damn fools for ever getting rid of.)

Agreed. Apparently Mario doesn't like the diagonal lettering.

I also despise the diagonal lettering.

4114313717_ee13929eec_o.png

I'll agree that they had better ideas to work with - any of the diagonally-lettered jerseys would have been great - even the "Snoop Dog" black one (which I think they are damn fools for ever getting rid of.)

I also despise the diagonal lettering.

I am sure that factored heavily into their decision.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Love Mario, but don't like his taste in jerseys. Bring back the old gold and diagonal letters, man!

oBIgzrL.png

What the Pens should be wearing....

Penguins21.png

It's so funny sometimes on this forum. You want the Penguins to where these jerseys again, and I agree with you. The thing is, if someone had designed this jersey set as a concept most people would be all over the designer for not having the hem stripes matching the sleeve stripes and pant stripes. I would get rid of the pant stipes all together.

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

The Skating Penguin in place of the Pittsburgh script would've looked pretty good. Maybe throw some grey/silver into the letter/number trim to dually symbolize steel and Stanley Cup silver.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Something just dawned on me...

What ever happened to the sale of the Ducks to Samueli supposedly not including the Disney trademarks? Seems weird that the Ducks would reacquire a Disney trademarked logo for a shoulder patch.

VmWIn6B.png

Something just dawned on me...

What ever happened to the sale of the Ducks to Samueli supposedly not including the Disney trademarks? Seems weird that the Ducks would reacquire a Disney trademarked logo for a shoulder patch.

No they got them too. I had thought the same, but I know that was proved wrong a couple years ago. It looks like those were actually included with the team as well.

It's showed up on a few pieces of merchandise around the Pond and of course now the patch. I can't think of any capacity that Disney has used it in.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

Here is why I feel this logo sucks:

zzzzaaaa2.png

The buffalo is not as far away from the left sabre as it is from the right. The sabres themselves are symmetrical and are in a circle (which is obviously symmetrical), but the buffalo is not equidistant from the left and right sabre.

The buffalo is not in the middle of the circle. It is closer to the right by a wide margin.

There are motion lines going in two different directions for some odd reason. So what is the buffalo doing? Is it charging forward, but also somehow diving downward at the same time? Is it lowering its head to drill something, but also going airborne to headbutt something like Balrog/M. Bison? It comes off as neither and it seems as if the buffalo is just sitting there with random motion lines.

All this AND the fact that I feel it looks dated as hell with no detail in the buffalo or sabre. Perhaps an accent line or two (nothing too drastic) would not make it look old and "vintage"

I respect those who disagree with me, but I think this is an awful logo, one of the worst in the NHL. And by the way, the updated one with the silver is even more dreadful.

Let me ask a few questions? Why does the buffalo have to be symmetrically in the center between the two swords? If you are really trying to figure out what the buffalo is doing, then you have way too much time on your hands and need to find a hobby or get a job. The reason you can't figure out which way it's going is because you don't understand perspective. It's not going right to left, it's actually going right to left at an angle. Hence why the rear legs are smaller than the front legs, it's a perspective thing. Also, just because it doesn't have "detail" doesn't mean it's not good. It has less detail because it was of a different era and probably is a nod to the Native American drawings of animals in caves and on rocks etc. which didn't have much detail.

The rear legs aren't smaller they are just extended from the body. The buffalo's size doesn't decrease scale wise at all.

untitled-6.jpg

Watching the avs kick the :censored: out of the blue jackets in their third jerseys. This is the first tme I've seen the avalanche thirds in person and boy, are they terrible. They look like something you'd buy at a discount department store where they also sell irregular jeans and socks. They don't look NHL, they look knockoff, is what I mean. Sorry, Im on mobile.

PvO6ZWJ.png

He apparently doesnt like athletic gold either, which is why your not likely ever to see it again with him as owner.

Watching the avs kick the :censored: out of the blue jackets in their third jerseys. This is the first tme I've seen the avalanche thirds in person and boy, are they terrible. They look like something you'd buy at a discount department store where they also sell irregular jeans and socks. They don't look NHL, they look knockoff, is what I mean. Sorry, Im on mobile.

Yes they do. Why they didn't just put this on the EDGE template, I have no clue. Hell, they could've just made the aforementioned jersey blue & it would've been better than what they have now for an alternate. Just a mess.

He apparently doesnt like athletic gold either, which is why your not likely ever to see it again with him as owner.

I'm kind of torn on the "Mario dresses the Penguins" issue. On one hand, he bought the team, he can do whatever he wants. When you go out of your way to avoid two prominent parts of the team's visual and aesthetic traditions, however, it just seems wrong.

Yes they do. Why they didn't just put this on the EDGE template, I have no clue. Hell, they could've just made the aforementioned jersey blue & it would've been better than what they have now for an alternate. Just a mess.

My favourite Aves jersey of all time :(

Yeah, the Aves definitely downgraded in the EDGE switchover.

I'm kind of torn on the "Mario dresses the Penguins" issue. On one hand, he bought the team, he can do whatever he wants. When you go out of your way to avoid two prominent parts of the team's visual and aesthetic traditions, however, it just seems wrong.

I have this feeling that if it wasnt for the fact that the Steelers and Pirates both wear black and gold he'd have this team wearing two tone blue and white. I've had this long held belief now that he would never open the door on bringing back athletic gold, even for a one off like the Winter Classic because of the high percentage of the fan base that would be practically demanding for it to come back full time.

Seriously, this

Penguins21.png

Would be like Mario having a license to print money.

I think it's how "Colorado" was designed. Looks slightly cartoonish. The original third was sharp with that design, I'd bring back the stripes to the bottom of the jersey and fix up the wordmark and it will look way better

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Archived