College Football Uniforms 2010-2011

Brave-Bird 08

Word on the street is Syracuse is going pro combat with their jerseys. The helmets have been the same in spring practice so far, however.

If that's true, that would be, what, 5 or 6 straight seasons with a uniform change for Syracuse?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep. Unfortunately they'll stick with Adidas... which sucks for those of us that buy a lot of UM apparel.

I've always been a huge fan of the adidas fan apparel that they've had for us. Great quality compared to Nike. The Michigan stuff that I've seen from them looks really nice.

Yep. Unfortunately they'll stick with Adidas... which sucks for those of us that buy a lot of UM apparel.

And the newer UM jersey has curved stripes under the arms that wrap up the back.

TATE-FORCIER-11-1509%281%29-thumb-537x407-16164.jpg

Staying that way, as far as I know. Though I kind of like the plain 3-striped practice jerseys more than these.

display_image.jpg

crossing my fingers for a revival of these, I hate the piping on the road unis

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

And the newer UM jersey has curved stripes under the arms that wrap up the back.

Staying that way, as far as I know. Though I kind of like the plain 3-striped practice jerseys more than these.

display_image.jpg

Then you must be crossing your fingers for the return of actual sleeves because that uniform can't exist on the current jersey.

display_image.jpg

Then you must be crossing your fingers for the return of actual sleeves because that uniform can't exist on the current jersey.

Of course it can exist on a current jersey. Just put the TV numbers on the shoulders and push the stripes up on the sleeves.

I've always been a huge fan of the adidas fan apparel that they've had for us. Great quality compared to Nike. The Michigan stuff that I've seen from them looks really nice.

Living in TN, I've always felt bad for UT fans due to all the adidas apparel I've seen here. I have found a few things I like, I just think Nike is far more creative with their designing. They take more chances. Adidas is more conservative.

I did just recently get this though-

http://product.images.dreamsretail.com/61-14/61-14117-P.jpg

And I like the personal touches they put on the home jersey.

Those Michigan aways are so ridiculous. Alone, they look terrible (just as they do on Arkansas, Miss St, Cincy, FIU, and probably more schools), and within the context of it being Michigan (usually very traditional uniforms) and having almost nothing in common with the homes, they look even more awful.

display_image.jpg

Of course it can exist on a current jersey. Just put the TV numbers on the shoulders and push the stripes up on the sleeves.

So, move the TV numbers to the shoulder, then put a 3 or 4 inch "stripe" across a small section of the upper bicep? IMO its time to let that "solution" go.

Some of the new college football unis from the past couple of years are like the finger in deep in my mouth. makes me wanna puke. UGH! Can't we stop with the ridiculous uniform experiments and do something remotely normal?

I know its asking a lot.

Michigan should model their home and away like the NY Giants do. have the solid color jersey for home, and then do the triple sleeve stripe in maize in blue for the roads. i think that would be best

I like that idea a lot. It would allow them to keep the traditional aspect of solid colored jersey but utilize more color in the away. I would love to see a mock up of something like that.

Michigan should model their home and away like the NY Giants do. have the solid color jersey for home, and then do the triple sleeve stripe in maize in blue for the roads. i think that would be best

I like that idea a lot. It would allow them to keep the traditional aspect of solid colored jersey but utilize more color in the away. I would love to see a mock up of something like that.

I don't get, and probably never will, having two totally different designs for home and road uniforms in football, basketball, and hockey. I think there's ways to justify it in baseball, but only a certain finite amount of ways.

So they want to keep the blue jersey "traditional", yet still be a "cutting edge" team? I'm not sure why you wouldn't want to portray the same "traditional" image when you're visiting other teams homes as you do at your own home. It's kind of like their "brand", if you will.

If they must tinker with the white jersey (and just admit that it's a way of selling new stuff - there's nothing wrong with that - just don't deny it) why not come up with something that ties in to the helmet wings a little better? I actually like the current adidas road, and I liked the Nike one before it. I think there may be more opportunity there to build a more cohesive uniform.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

?Russell is going to do something specifically for CSU and no other school will have them,? Fairchild said. The helmets will remain unchanged, but the long-time Nike footwear switches to custom-made shoes by Under Armour, the branding du jour for athletes.

i bet they go back to Nike shoes soon. i talk to a lot of high school coaches that say UA's cleats always get blown out after 3 -5 weeks. those guys wont purchase any thing from UA except pants

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

display_image.jpg

So, move the TV numbers to the shoulder, then put a 3 or 4 inch "stripe" across a small section of the upper bicep? IMO its time to let that "solution" go.

here is one with the tv numbers on the shoulder, the one with jamie morris was a special jersey Michigan used to wear for bowl games.

s_howard_vt.jpg

t_27326_04.jpg

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

here is one with the tv numbers on the shoulder, the one with jamie morris was a special jersey Michigan used to wear for bowl games.

s_howard_vt.jpg

t_27326_04.jpg

Yeah, but since then the average jersey's sleeves have gotten even shorter and tighter. Now teams with traditional sleeve stripes give it the "barely there" treatment. Seems like a waste.

Word on the street is Syracuse is going pro combat with their jerseys. The helmets have been the same in spring practice so far, however.

I havent heard anything like that... how good of a source do you have?

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Archived