College Football Uniforms 2010-2011

Brave-Bird 08

I've got a few,

>Northern Arizona

New jerseys (home) Ill get the info from the equipment guys. Expected to look like our away uniforms, with almost no white.

>Montana

Heard rumors of new jerseys, not pants. I'll see what I can find.

>Kansas

You prolly know already...

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Louisville under new Coach Charlie Strong has gone to white facemasks (from red).

Word is that he will also be getting rid of the pointed stripe on the helmet and replacing it with traditional striping.

As for uniforms, it is said that the new ones will be similar to Florida's (where Coach Strong came from) and/or will look similar to Louisville's uniforms under Howard Schnellenberger.

923%5C362689.jpg

Too bad Michigan doesn't go to bowl games anymore! Hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They took a couple seasons off.

I'd bet everything I own that they'll be in one this year.

Really. Everything you own. Hm.

I live not too far from Ann Arbor... you must be hearing different stuff than I am.

:wacko:

Colorado State will be getting new uniforms as well.

Rams get football uniform makeover

By Natalie Meisler

Denver Post

Just got off the phone with Steve Fairchild about Colorado State?s new football uniforms.

?Russell is going to do something specifically for CSU and no other school will have them,? Fairchild said. The helmets will remain unchanged, but the long-time Nike footwear switches to custom-made shoes by Under Armour, the branding du jour for athletes.

Think about what some college teams are wearing and answer me this: shouldn't that statement strike fear into the hearts of every Colorado State fan? :wacko:

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

UCF is officially a Nike school, which means new uniforms to be unveiled later this summer. Michigan State is darkening the green, possibly updating uniforms. Iowa has introduced a one-time throwback with yellow helmets.

Not sure if it had its own thread, but the Iowa Hawkeyes look is here:

Iowa 1958 throwbacks vs. Ball State

throwback_unis_002.jpg

The gold helmet will have a stripe and numbers on the side, apparently, and the jersey will be modernized, probably so it looks just like the Steelers throwback. :)

UCF is officially a Nike school, which means new uniforms to be unveiled later this summer. Michigan State is darkening the green, possibly updating uniforms. Iowa has introduced a one-time throwback with yellow helmets.

throwback_unis_002.jpg

The gold helmet will have a stripe and numbers on the side, apparently, and the jersey will be modernized, probably so it looks just like the Steelers throwback. :)

the Hawkeyes cant get out of the Steelers shadow, can they

throwback_unis_002.jpg

the Hawkeyes cant get out of the Steelers shadow, can they

It makes sense, they had a few players get kicked of the team because of sexual assaults. From what I understand a certain steeler has also had a bit of a run in with that haha. I wish the hawks would do something unique, who would want to wear something like a team full of bums and their fair weather fanbase

Michigan should model their home and away like the NY Giants do. have the solid color jersey for home, and then do the triple sleeve stripe in maize in blue for the roads. i think that would be best

I like that idea a lot. It would allow them to keep the traditional aspect of solid colored jersey but utilize more color in the away. I would love to see a mock up of something like that.

I don't get, and probably never will, having two totally different designs for home and road uniforms in football, basketball, and hockey. I think there's ways to justify it in baseball, but only a certain finite amount of ways.

So they want to keep the blue jersey "traditional", yet still be a "cutting edge" team? I'm not sure why you wouldn't want to portray the same "traditional" image when you're visiting other teams homes as you do at your own home. It's kind of like their "brand", if you will.

If they must tinker with the white jersey (and just admit that it's a way of selling new stuff - there's nothing wrong with that - just don't deny it) why not come up with something that ties in to the helmet wings a little better? I actually like the current adidas road, and I liked the Nike one before it. I think there may be more opportunity there to build a more cohesive uniform.

Where did I ever say "cutting edge team"? How would having a couple of yellow sleeve stripes on the away jerseys make it cutting edge???? The NY Giants made it work with their look and I happen to be someone who loves that look. Who says that both the home and away have to look identical? I think you might just be used to having it that way. I don't hear anyone complaining about the Yankees having two different home and away jerseys. Yet many other baseball teams have identical home and away jerseys (except of course for the fact that one is grey and the other is white). You are just used to seeing the Yankees that way and accept it. No one says that football has to be that way...it just HAPPENS to be that way for MOST teams.

It makes sense, they had a few players get kicked of the team because of sexual assaults. From what I understand a certain steeler has also had a bit of a run in with that haha. I wish the hawks would do something unique, who would want to wear something like a team full of bums and their fair weather fanbase

These are the types of posts for which we need an "smh" emoticon...especially after seeing the poster's avatar image.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Im buying that that Hawkeye jersey if I can get a hold of one! That thing is amazing! and will be cool to add to my collection of weird college jerseys :)

How many of those are Oregon jerseys?

Michigan should model their home and away like the NY Giants do. have the solid color jersey for home, and then do the triple sleeve stripe in maize in blue for the roads. i think that would be best

I like that idea a lot. It would allow them to keep the traditional aspect of solid colored jersey but utilize more color in the away. I would love to see a mock up of something like that.

I don't get, and probably never will, having two totally different designs for home and road uniforms in football, basketball, and hockey. I think there's ways to justify it in baseball, but only a certain finite amount of ways.

So they want to keep the blue jersey "traditional", yet still be a "cutting edge" team? I'm not sure why you wouldn't want to portray the same "traditional" image when you're visiting other teams homes as you do at your own home. It's kind of like their "brand", if you will.

If they must tinker with the white jersey (and just admit that it's a way of selling new stuff - there's nothing wrong with that - just don't deny it) why not come up with something that ties in to the helmet wings a little better? I actually like the current adidas road, and I liked the Nike one before it. I think there may be more opportunity there to build a more cohesive uniform.

Where did I ever say "cutting edge team"? How would having a couple of yellow sleeve stripes on the away jerseys make it cutting edge???? The NY Giants made it work with their look and I happen to be someone who loves that look. Who says that both the home and away have to look identical? I think you might just be used to having it that way. I don't hear anyone complaining about the Yankees having two different home and away jerseys. Yet many other baseball teams have identical home and away jerseys (except of course for the fact that one is grey and the other is white). You are just used to seeing the Yankees that way and accept it. No one says that football has to be that way...it just HAPPENS to be that way for MOST teams.

Replying to one's post doesn't necessarily mean that you are contesting every little point or that every single thing you type has to directly tie in to something they posted. It could be merely a way to build on a point, or touch on a point but then interject your own viewpoint.

You never said "cutting edge". I never said you did. I said "they". And having jerseys with piping and shoulder swoosh thingys is rather cutting edge, (or at least was, before pro combat changed everything.)

The whole "nobody is complaining about"... argument is pretty dumb. If we started a topic about the Yankees, you'd get all kinds of opinions on them. It just so happens that someone specifically brought up Michigan. Now with the Yankees, it's hard to argue because they've been that way for so long, and things like branding weren't really as big back in the day. They just needed a gray uniform that clearly displayed the city they were from. In my post, I actually said that there were a finite set of circumstances where it was OK in baseball. It's not an iron clad rule.

It is MY opinion that it's silly for Michigan to have a totally traditional home set paired with a modern away set. That's all. It's just my opinion.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Im buying that that Hawkeye jersey if I can get a hold of one! That thing is amazing! and will be cool to add to my collection of weird college jerseys :)

What is so amazing about it?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

It's amazing to him. That's not a bad thing. Some guys dig those old jerseys. I like newer styles but I cringed when Ohio State wore those fauxbacks last season. FLA ST, Texas and TCU were the only one of those I like and FSU would have been a homerun with me if they had just kept their traditional helmet. I'm wondering if Kent State will change it up since New Ballance seemed to have started to shift out of college ball.

Archived