College Football Uniforms 2010-2011

Brave-Bird 08

I think the white Tech helmet looks great standing on its own. My only concern is how it's going to work with the rest of their uniform. Do they even have white pants? I know they usually wear red jerseys/black pants or all black at home. In that case, I think a white helmet would look out of place.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the white Tech helmet looks great standing on its own. My only concern is how it's going to work with the rest of their uniform. Do they even have white pants? I know they usually wear red jerseys/black pants or all black at home. In that case, I think a white helmet would look out of place.

As much as I like the look of white helmets for certain teams, between "special bowl game helmets" and Nike's pro-combat stint last season way too many teams are wearing white helmets. This seems like just another team trying to keep up with the trend and get their own white helmet. Not that it will look terrible but the triple stripe doesn't even go with their modern uniforms. Yet again, it could just be Tuberville's homage to Auburn.

I never thought that a Northwestern stripe had to be all the same color. I get why you call it the USC stripe, but I think that nowadays, the current USC / Texans / Patriots stripe would probably be the definition of the USC stripe.

A Northwestern Stripe is a single color. If it's in 2 colors, it's technically not a Northwestern Stripe anymore. Some have expanded the definition to include 2 color stripes, but I prefer to make the distinction.

How about single-color stripes that are done in the Northwestern style, but then outlined in a secondary color? Because Northwestern wore those for many a season.

And my personal favorite look for NU is the first uni of the Barnett era - the black jerseys with purple numbers. Gorgeous, balanced, classic.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• 2 weeks later...

Did Arizona St. already get new unis?

Heres a pic of Amanda Pflugrad (yes the Oregon Duck cheerleader)

Her brother (Aaron Pflugrad) transfered to ASU and I'm assuming its his jersey she's "modeling"

asu.jpg

thoughts?

RaysHat.giforegonsig.gifDevilRaysRetroHat2.gif

Did Arizona St. already get new unis?

Heres a pic of Amanda Pflugrad (yes the Oregon Duck cheerleader)

Her brother (Aaron Pflugrad) transfered to ASU and I'm assuming its his jersey she's "modeling"

asu.jpg

thoughts?

Considering the mid-1990s Sun Bowl patch on the shoulder, I think assuming this is a new Arizona State jersey is a bad idea.

You got it. Norwest bought Wells Fargo and adopted that name in 1998.

agreed. There's probably going to be one more year of the ones they have before everyone revolts again for the same old ASU jerseys

Well considering how ASU changed their uniforms last year I really doubt they changed them again this year. Not to mention this certainly wouldn't be the way they'd be leaked

Her hair covers up the maker logo. If it was a new jersey, we would easily see a "swoosh" displayed.

Same here. I also think it looks exactly like an Auburn helmet with a Texas Tech sticker and colors but that's beside the point. The white helmet looks very "traditional" while Tech's uniforms are anything but. Unless there are some major changes coming to their entire look, that helmet is going to look silly when combined with the rest of their uniform. Still, the white helmet is a huge upgrade over the current black helmet...as long as they match the rest of the uniform to the helmet. Otherwise they should stick to the black helmets.

BB52Big.jpg

It sounds like USF will be promoting their alternate white helmet w/ green logo to full time status for 2010. This was reumored, but with it being worn in last night's spring game, I'd say the switch is official. Skip Holtz has also said simple, minor modifications may be made to the unis. (Note: the jerseys below are practice jerseys, not the real thing)

4531029341_e3f8fe1381_o.jpg

4531028581_1705453ea7_o.jpg

It sounds like USF will be promoting their alternate white helmet w/ green logo to full time status for 2010. This was reumored, but with it being worn in last night's spring game, I'd say the switch is official. Skip Holtz has also said simple, minor modifications may be made to the unis. (Note: the jerseys below are practice jerseys, not the real thing)

I find this to be a huge shame. The gold helmets are hands and shoulders above the white helmets IMO.

I find this to be a huge shame. The gold helmets are hands and shoulders above the white helmets IMO.

Agreed, but I wish the logo on the gold helmet was green and not black like it really is.

Count me as a bigger fan of the Deion Sanders uniform in the locker. The all whites aren't hideous, but I prefer the classic, boring look because of childhood memories.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived