Los Angeles Gangstas'

Markmansion

I guess I get it, but I don't really find it that amusing, or funny, or clever, or well done, or whatever it was meant to be. Sorry.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I guess I get it, but I don't really find it that amusing, or funny, or clever, or well done, or whatever it was meant to be. Sorry.

You didn't actually think that I was going to do well done project for a team called the Gangstas' did you?

You didn't actually think that I was going to do well done project for a team called the Gangstas' did you?

Why bother then?

Why bother then?

Because it was never intended to actually be legitimate concept, just an April fools joke, which by the looks of it really offended some of you. If that's the case I'll reframe from creating any concept that may conjure up violent images, stereotypical preconceived notions about a certain geographical area, ethnic group, mental capacity, physical defect, or sexual orientation, which I guess pretty much leaves animals left. I just hope non of you are members of Peta.

What is with the apostrophe after the s? Would that be pronounced Ganstases? Other than that, there is not much to comment on.

edit: officeglenn beat me to it. Markmansion, if you are going to attempt to be funny, you should probably check your grammar... especially when it is only two words.

MegatronSig2.jpg

Also... if you're going to do a distasteful joke (which i'm all in favor of, by the way) You should work extra-hard to make the logo and concept excellent, so even those who are offended will say "Well.. at least it's nicely rendered..."

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

The thing with April Fool's jokes (and, well all jokes for that matter) is that they're usually funny.

I'm not offended or anything by this, but it's too serious to be a joke, but too bad to be serious. The only difference between the home and the alt is the color of the numbers and socks (which really doesn't make a bit of sense), and your guy has legs and arms, but no head? Was it blown off?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The thing with April Fool's jokes (and, well all jokes for that matter) is that they're usually funny.

I'm not offended or anything by this, but it's too serious to be a joke, but too bad to be serious. The only difference between the home and the alt is the color of the numbers and socks (which really doesn't make a bit of sense), and your guy has legs and arms, but no head? Was it blown off?

That was pretty good.

As for the concept, everybody knows the stencil thing is out. Needs to be that Olde English font if you want any street cred, homes.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

The funny thing is, I actually don't mind this concept. I know it was meant to be a joke, but to be honest, you failed in every way. I don't find this funny nor do I see it as really being a "joke". Now, don't take this the wrong way because I am not offended by your concept at the least bit. I just think that if you're really going to make something as an April Fool's joke, "Gangstas'" is not something that would first come to mind for me. I would suggest something more silly like the Los Angeles Lillipads or the Los Angeles Lillipads of Los Angeles (this way it could be rhetorically dumb). You can take my idea with a grain of salt. I'm not saying it is any better or worse. But, Gangtas' just doesn't come across as funny.

Now, as far as the concept. It seems like you put SOME time and effort into it. I like the logo and the uniform design itself. Even though it has somewhat of a minor league look to me, it's still kind of cool. I will say one thing, though, if you plan on doing any reworking of this concept definitely make a different wordmark. Stencil is outdated IMO.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

LA native here, and I found this concept hilarious!

In all seriousness, I'd really like to see this as a legit concept. Make the front numbers smaller, put HUGE Old English script font on the front, and I'd scrap the grey arms in exchange for maybe some tattoo pattern - perhaps black on grey, or black on a lighter black.

galaxy.png

Archived