The Cornucopia of Possible NBA Logo Changes

Discogod

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6.) I dont like using 3 colors on the home uni, and then only 2 color on the away. If you are going to put a red and yellow trim on a white uni... you should put yellow and white trim on a red uni.

I think it wouldn't have worked since there's so little contrast between yellow and white that the trim would've looked entirely yellow from distance.

1.) "All for one, one for all" is incredibly cheesy, but they are carrying that through to the merchandise, court, arena, advertising, and now the uniforms. I think its a smart marketing move, and reminder no player is above the team.

I, for one, don't like the fact that they're emphasizing this slogan since it has already been around for several years and certainly was intended to refer to LeBron, and reminds of him. I think they should've come up with a fresh slogan to give the team a new image.

The new unis are a big spit in fans' faces, IMO.

Are the Bulls going to be the only NBA team that doesn't try to change the way we think about collars on basketball jerseys?

Their uniforms aren't above screwing up. They jumped on the stupid "add a random logo on the back of the neck" craze a few years ago. And now that looks great compared to the pile of crap the Clippers just hurled at the wall.

woah!! i did not realize the Hawks ruined their collar??!?!?!

why!!! what is the point in some of the tweaks this year?

Ruined it by making it better? I don't like this collar, but it is much better than the garbage they had last year. At least this is an actual collar.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Are the Bulls going to be the only NBA team that doesn't try to change the way we think about collars on basketball jerseys?

Their uniforms aren't above screwing up. They jumped on the stupid "add a random logo on the back of the neck" craze a few years ago. And now that looks great compared to the pile of crap the Clippers just hurled at the wall.

woah!! i did not realize the Hawks ruined their collar??!?!?!

why!!! what is the point in some of the tweaks this year?

Ruined it by making it better? I don't like this collar, but it is much better than the garbage they had last year. At least this is an actual collar.

I actually like the Bulls logo on the back of the jersey. i think those types of logo work in that spot. The Clippers LAC logo or the Wizards DC logo would be awful there, but the horns of the bull sort of flow with the collar, and i think looks good

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

WTF? I keep double posting

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Away_Unis_Chest.jpg

Whats going on with the NBA's jersey material? There's a pattern in the holes on all the league's uniforms. I'm sure that its some sort of "super cooling" material, but it makes all the jerseys look like they have ribs from a distance.

Also: The rookie photo shoot gallery is up on NBA.com.

Rookie Photos

Seems like the NBA decided to finally release the photos after the new jerseys have been released.

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

That v-neck for Spurs is stupid move from Adidas. Only more idiotic decision will be change Celtics collar to example T-neck or Bulls collar to example Hornets collar. Overall, these changes appear to be top-down regulation Adidas and clubs don't have anything here to talk.

4r2eer.png

6.) I dont like using 3 colors on the home uni, and then only 2 color on the away. If you are going to put a red and yellow trim on a white uni... you should put yellow and white trim on a red uni.

I think it wouldn't have worked since there's so little contrast between yellow and white that the trim would've looked entirely yellow from distance.

I agree. White is not a team color. The Cavs' colors are wine and gold, not wine, gold and white. Thus, the only reason to make something on the uniform white is to satisfy a league requirement. The league requires the base color of the home uniform to be white, so that should be the only white in the uniform as far as I'm concerned. I'm sure they would have gone with the gold version (like the hardwood classic, which has no white, either) if they could have.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Besides what seems like a league-wide change to lighter weight jersey material, here's a recap:

ATL- changed from unique collar to "Hornets" collar (huge downgrade)

BOS- NO CHANGES

CHA- NO CHANGES

CHI- NO CHANGES

CLE- complete change (huge downgrade)

DAL- either replaced away jersey with tweaked alternate (minor upgrade) OR just tweaked alternate from "Mavs" to "Dallas" (minor downgrade)

DEN- NO CHANGES

DET- NO CHANGES

GS- complete change (huge downgrade, especially after the logo showed so much promise)

HOU- changed # font (minor upgrade)

IND- NO CHANGES

LAC- complete change (upgrade)

LAL- NO CHANGES

MEM- NO CHANGES

MIA- NO CHANGES

MIL- NO CHANGES

MIN- changed from unique collar to "Hornets" collar; dropped green; changed # font (overall huge upgrade)

NJ- changed from scoop to V-neck (upgrade)

NO- NO CHANGES

NY- NO CHANGES

OKC- removed orange patch from collar (minor downgrade)

ORL- added a black alternate (upgrade)

PHI- changed from unique collar to "Hornets" collar (upgrade)

PHX- changed from V-neck to "Pacers" collar (upgrade)

POR- NO CHANGES

SAC- moved front #s to center (minor upgrade)

SA- changed from scoop to V-neck (downgrade)

TOR- NO CHANGES

UTA- complete change (minor upgrade)

WAS- changed from scoop to V-neck (upgrade)

The Wizards also changed their NOB letters on the aways from gold w/ white outline to white w/ gold outline, for anyone keeping track. Downgrade overall IMO, including the v-neck.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

The Raptors replaced the Claw with a maple leaf. ughhh. =/

Well, gee, how else are we supposed to know they're from Canada? Just ask the Flames and (Blue) Jays.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

103419725.jpg

The Raptors replaced the Claw with a maple leaf. ughhh. =/

I noticed on the shorts, the Raps also added a red outline around the claw logo.

Once again another Canadian team proving they are Canadian, but adding the Leaf. Green Cards anyone ?

4kv29i.jpg

What's with the uniforms? It seems that many things have changed today. Throught the past few seasons, there were have been manys AFAIK:

07-08: many trades

08-09: many coaching changes

09-10: hmmm....

this season: many uniform changes

What a co-incidence!

By the way, this is an unpopular opinion, but the Mavericks "trashbags" jerseys are better than the new ones, and is even worse than the one Diddy designed.

Archived