2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa

NEW.ERA

What an emotional two days of soccer...El Tri dominate France then the US gets jobbed by officiating. Jeez.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well American supporters, Hope to God Algeria can hold England to a draw.

No its hope to Allah :D .

God is great!!! :D

Seriously, good job by the Desert Foxes to hold England scoreless.

Now for the USMNT its Win or Go Home.

qvxym9f.png
Many thanks to Discrimihater for making the sig.

Now for the US its Win or Go Home now.

Plus it helped us out even more now because we're now ahead on goal differential & goals scored. Lord knows I don't want this to come down to FIFA drawing lots. Hell, I don't want it to come down to ANY tiebreaker. Beat this tough Algeria team and get through. Control your own destiny, USA.

So at this point it would just be better for the US that Slovenia beat England outright.

Well yeah, if Slovenia beat England all we need is a draw.

Too bad FIFA can't send home all four teams from Group C following group play. Not one of those teams deserve to advance.

cool-story-bro.jpg

Well, the "always reliable" wikipedia has the possible scenarios laid out:

US def. Algeria = US is in. No matter what.

US draws, have to rely on goal differential based on what happens between England & Slovenia.

US loses, it's over.

As far as England is concerned, they need to win and get help:

England def. Slovenia + US def. Algeria = USA & England advance, only situation where USA could potentially win the group.

England def. Slovenia + US draw = Possible advancement by goal differential

England draw + US win = go home

Of course, there's a possibility where all 4 teams draw & England & US are tied on goal differential & goals scored, which means that it's drawing of lots time

But of course, all of this can be put to moot if the US just adopts the Al Davis mentality of "JUST WIN, BABY" and put themselves into the next round. No more ties, no more losses, just get the freakin win.

I can understand Slovenia and Algeria, but there is no way in hell that England and the US should be in the positions they are.

I hope both miss out but we all know that won't happen and both England and the US will advance by the skin of their teeth.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I like the Nike World Cup commercial, but I prefer the sheer randomness of Noel Gallagher, Ian Brown, Snoop, and David Beckham in the bar from Star Wars. It's great

Slovenia is in with a win or draw. If Slovenia loses, they can still get in if the US and Algeria draw, or if Algeria wins by 1, Slovenia loses by 1, and Algeria does not outscore Slovenia by 3.

United States is in with a win, or a draw and an England loss. They can also get in with a draw and an England draw, if England does not outscore USA by 2.

England is in with a win, or a draw and a United States loss. They can also get in with a draw and a United States draw, if England outscores USA by 3.

Algeria is in with a win and an England loss or draw. They can also get in with a win and an England, if either game has a multiple-goal margin of victory, or Algeria outscores Slovenia by 4.

LvZYtbZ.png

Is there any way that South Africa can get into the next round?

They've got one point with that tie they earned vs. Mexico.

I'm sure South Africa can advance with a win and some help.

6uXNWAo.png

Is there any way that South Africa can get into the next round?

Beat France, Overcome a 5 goal hole and hope Uruguay and Mexico don't draw. Uruguay 1-0 in that game would be the best result for Bafana Bafana.

So South Africa 5-0 France

Never going to happen.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Mexico is at +2 in goal differential, having scored 3 goals. South Africa is at -3, having scored 1 goal. A South Africa 3-0 victory over France and a Uruguay 2-0 victory over Mexico would be one way they can get in.

All that said, they need to win big and have Mexico lose big to get through.

6fQjS3M.png

Archived