2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa

NEW.ERA

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Indeed. USA wins their first group since 1930.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

What gets interesting now is Group D.

If Germany somehow loses to Ghana, all Serbia would have to do is draw Australia to get through. In the event that Germany loses Australia could also get through with a win over Serbia.

Serbia's win will gaurantee them a trip to the next round no matter the outcome of Ghana-Germany. So Group D still up for grabs.

Heart attack over. Thanks, Landon.

That was some tense stuff there...the game became one missed chance after another. Even a disallowed goal (dude was offside)-but Imma take a second and give the Algerian team, in particular their keeper, big ol' HUGE props...that cat came up big for the Desert Foxes time & time again. But you just had the feeling, with all those U.S. chances, that at some point one of those shots had to find the back of the net. But man oh man...for it to come in stoppage time, by Captain Donovan no less...wow. I'm just glad he kept himself together long enough to calmly put that rebound in the net.

That having been said, we win the group and move on to the knockout round. Go USA. (And Argentina.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I will find a way to get a female reproductive system if Landon Donovan will let me have his babies.

And for the record I'm only slightly kidding

Uruguay

Mexico

Argentina

South Korea

Netherlands

Brazil

USA

England

Teams mathematically eliminated are:

Cameroon

North Korea

France

South Africa

Nigeria

Greece

Slovenia

Algeria

That leaves 16 teams fighting over the 8 remaining spots.

As ever correct me if I'm wrong, oh and hell yeah, that was an awesome morning!

So, now that it's no longer "thinking ahead" the only way the U.S. faces Germany is if both Group D matches end in draws, correct? Barring a Serbia 4+ goal win over the Socceroos, that's the only way Germany can be the 2nd seed correct?

6fQjS3M.png

I'm happy the Americans got through only so that I don't have to hear you guys (and the rest of the American sports media) bitch and complain about officiating for the next 4 years. :P

Now let's make it happen Die Mannschaft!

I am going to rub this in to every Englishman for the rest of my life.

LANDON DONOVAN!!!!!!!!!

Nothing to rub in, England are through as well. And if it weren't for a Rob Green error, they could have topped the group

Bring on Germany/Ghana/Serbia (though I'd prefer not Germany...)

LANDON DONOVAN!!!!!!!!!

Nothing to rub in, England are through as well. And if it weren't for a Rob Green error, they could have topped the group

Just remember thats a two way street, if it wasnt for the non Edu goal that US would have still won the group anyway.

LANDON DONOVAN!!!!!!!!!

Just remember thats a two way street, if it wasnt for the non Edu goal that US would have still won the group anyway.

Ah but if England had beaten the US, given England's subsequent results, the US could not have topped England. (England would be on 7 points, the most the US could get to having lost it's first game would be 6).

But overall no England fan will care two hoots about being runners up.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Agreed. I couldn't care less about USA actually winning the group, that's just a bonus. I just wanted them to advance, and they did just that in heart-attack inducing fashion.

Archived