2010 LeBron James Sweepstakes

TFoA

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's as simple as Wade opting in = LeBron leaving. The vitriol that would pour from newer Heat fans onto Wade would be unreal.

If he leaves, that's his right, and thanks for the memories. The only things I would hate to see are Laker LeBron or a Cavs reunion.

Does no one else find it strange that there has been no mention of Chicago as a destination? There's been bad blood between that team, their fans, and James, but it nothing that would completely burn the bridge. Odd that they are gunning so hard for Melo when a better player is available.

PJU85JF.png

Does no one else find it strange that there has been no mention of Chicago as a destination?

No, not at all, because top players don't want to play for the Bulls. They'll be used as a ploy and jerked around and then they'll settle for Aaron Afflalo and sell it as a big splash.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Admiral I just caught your Idocracy Reference nice

Okay SIR, this is to figure out what your aptitude's good at and get you a jail job while you're being a particular individual in jail.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

As a Bulls fan, I'm torn. He's unquestionable one of the best in the game...but I can't stand him.

When the Kobe to the Bulls rumors were swirling a few years ago I was very opposed to the idea for similar personality (and rapist) reasons. I don't think I'd want LeBron either but I'd enjoy the championship if Derrick Rose can ever make it through a season healthy with him.

Have the Bulls retired #23? If he even thinks about touching a #23 Bulls jersey, there will be riots.

87Redskins.png

As any same basketball fan, I'd welcome LeBron to the Bulls with open arms but there's absolutely no chance that happens. Why would he choose a team where the other superstar may never play a full season again?

And for anyone that cares, the Bulls offer to Minnesota was Taj Gibson, Tony Snell, #16 and #19 for Love.

LeBron is staying in Miami or going back to Cleveland. I'd be really surprised if he ended up anywhere else. I think alxy8s is right. Wade opts in and LeBron leaves. He restructures his contract and the big three stays.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

If he leaves, that's his right, and thanks for the memories. The only things I would hate to see are Laker LeBron or a Cavs reunion.

Why would a return to the Cavs be objectionable? There's no Heat/Cavs rivalry that I'm aware of.

When the Kobe to the Bulls rumors were swirling a few years ago I was very opposed to the idea for similar personality (and rapist) reasons.

Except that Kobe Bryant was found to not be a rapist in a court of law. Which is a pretty big deal when deciding if someone is a rapist or not.

Anyway what kind of fan goes "no I don't want two of the best players in the world on my team!"? I think the Miami Superteam experiment ran counter to the spirit of athletic competition, but I wouldn't blame Heat fans for being excited at the prospect.

I don't think Lebron would want to go to any team in the West when he basically has a free pass to the Finals in the East with the Heat right now thanks to how terrible the East is.

Does no one else find it strange that there has been no mention of Chicago as a destination?

No way LeBron would want to put up with the constant Jordan comparisons in Chicago. Plus Rose is a huge question mark due to his ACL and MCL tears the past couple seasons.

Lebron is going to be getting Jordan comparisons no matter where he goes.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

I don't think Lebron would want to go to any team in the West when he basically has a free pass to the Finals in the East with the Heat right now thanks to how terrible the East is right now

Just because he can easily get to the Finals in the East doesn't mean he'll win. Just look at this year.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

LEBRON TO THE BLAZERS

I'd say there is a better chance he retires...

Anyways, I'm with most of the people saying he's either staying or going to Cleveland. I think there's a better chance he stays but if there's anywhere else he would go, it's probably be Cleveland.

spacer.png

I don't think Lebron would want to go to any team in the West when he basically has a free pass to the Finals in the East with the Heat right now thanks to how terrible the East is right now

Just because he can easily get to the Finals in the East doesn't mean he'll win. Just look at this year.

Miami still has an opportunity to retool so lets see what they do.

I also don't see any team in the West (that is in the running for him) that he can get on that will automatically enable him to get past the Spurs.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

I like the idea of LeBron jumping from team to team as a championship mercenary. He wouldn't need to win every year, just win at least once at every stop.

I mean, if this is the end of his Miami run, four Finals in a row with two ending in titles is impressive for anyone besides someone being unfairly and prematurely compared to Jordan.

And it might make him more likeable nationally if he goes west and wins, then hits Broadway, then wraps it all up in Cleveland at 40 with the 12 No. 1 overall picks they compiled in his absence...

"Not 6, not 7" was never going to work out. This vould be a more compelling narrative and help solidify his status going forward.

Archived