Chicago Blackhawks Helmets

BupsJones

The flyers needs to do this again!

Flyers+(WinCE).JPG

Are you out of your effing mind? Every time they put a jersey (Flyers, Sixers) or cap (Phillies) on him, they get beat. I'm sure it has nothing to do with how good they were or how good the opponent was, it's all about William Penn. Flash forward to 2008 - they put a little William Penn on top of the Comcast Tower, and don't put a cap or jersey on the big one, and the Phillies win the WS. Coincidence???

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The lions famously wore Bears helmets before Super Bowl XX. Interestingly enough, they were made of old Weber charcoal grills. They went all "high tech" in 2006 and designed helmets that looked more like actual football helmets. The lions have also worn Sox hats in 2005, and may or may not have had Cubs hats on in 03.

I work right by the museum. I've got to get over there to take some pictures this week.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Sadly when the 'Canes made the Stanley Cup Finals in 2006, a Raleigh man ripped the Hurricanes jerseys adorning statues around the State Capitol in the downtown area, stating that they were a disgrace to the monuments. Who knows if they'll go back on if the team returns to the Finals someday.

screenshot-2017-09-15-18-37-19.png

Any bets on how long it will take for it to be stolen?

It's not in Philadelphia...

Right, it's Chicago, which means based on national crime statistics (property crimes) the likelihood of something being stolen in Chicago is higher than that of Philadelphia. Now STFU bla...ckhawk sucker. :P

Yes, that's #9, Bobby Hull!

106262281.jpg

See, I had every intention of rooting for the Blackhawks until someone reminded me of that jack :censored: .

Eh, I'll still root for the Blackhawks. Damn Flyers.

The helmets on the lions look pretty cool. I've always wondered how they got the sweaters on William Penn though.

Like Barry Melrose said on ESPN, I'm rooting for the Blackhawks because they have better uniforms.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

I was walking across the Hope Memorial Bridge that spans the Cuyahoga River to the Indians' Game on Sunday, and I noticed that a couple of these statues were wearing Cavaliers headbands. There are four pillars like this one (one at each of the bridge's corners) and each pillar has an art deco figure on either side of it, holding a different vehicle. These eight figures are called the Guardians of Traffic. Probably would have been a better story if the Cavs were still in the playoffs and/or I had a photo of the headband.

1715310143_0396be9a4e.jpg?v=0

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Speaking of Cleveland (not that they've hosted an important game since ... well ... ever!), in the movie Major League, I recall there being a statue of a guy who looked like Ben Franklin all decked out in Indians swag.

Not only did I bring this up because I wanted to take another shot at the "Mistake By The Lake", but I was hoping people would begin reeling off Major League quotes, as is the norm anytime the movie is mentioned on here. :D

6uXNWAo.png

Archived