2010 NCAA Football Thread

Gary

Hate to be a downer, Gary, but having your school on the 'Top 10 Party School' list doesn't really give the school any positive credibility. I mean, some people are going to see that and start getting negitive feelings about that kind of thing.

Although I will admit this... It's funny as all hell to see Iowa on this list, but I know for a good reason why Iowa is a party school: The bars in Iowa City allowed the college kids (18 and older) to drink (But that's going to change soon)

And that ranking comes from The Princeton Review, whose only media they are able to continually receive is from that press release itself. Their methodology is worse than a coach voting in the USA Today poll.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, because dropping out of the top ten this year clearly means we've become a university of prudes. Idiot.

favorite word?

When describing attendees of that place you claim is a "university," yes.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

How does Nevada not deserve to be ranked higher then Boise? They beat them, and they both have the same record, sure Nevada got beat by Hawaii but they did beat the great unstoppable almighty Boise State, hell they should just jump up to #1 right now for winning that game :P

Aaron+Tevis+Boise+State+v+Virginia+Tech+NXdEH9v9F-cl.jpg

Boise State beating Virginia Tech means they should be ranked ahead of Nevada? Virginia Tech is a good team but James Madison beat them too. I'm not saying Boise State is bad, I just think Nevada who beat them head-to-head should be ranked higher then them when they have the same record. Its just like I thought South Carolina should have been ranked ahead of Alabama when they beat them even though they weren't in the real rankings.

Nah, Boise just have had a better year beating good teams, and by beating mediocre teams by 6 touchdowns. Boise has been the better team of the two this year, and its not like it was a big loss, it was a close game in OT that the kicker would've won.

So...um...Purdue sucks, no?

/Am I doing this right?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Boooooooooring.

I miss the Boise State talk.

Lights Out:Boise State blah blah blah, Non AQ we're screwed blah blah blah, conspiracy, blah blah blah

You forgot to threaten to sue someone.

D_G does have a point though. This Arizona - Arizona State thing is getting a bit ridiculous fellas.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

Boooooooooring.

I miss the Boise State talk.

Lights Out:Boise State blah blah blah, Non AQ we're screwed blah blah blah, conspiracy, blah blah blah

You forgot to threaten to sue someone.

D_G does have a point though. This Arizona - Arizona State thing is getting a bit ridiculous fellas.

UM-anOSU is in the past. You already had your rivalry fun. Let us have ours.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Hate to be a downer, Gary, but having your school on the 'Top 10 Party School' list doesn't really give the school any positive credibility. I mean, some people are going to see that and start getting negitive feelings about that kind of thing.

Although I will admit this... It's funny as all hell to see Iowa on this list, but I know for a good reason why Iowa is a party school: The bars in Iowa City allowed the college kids (18 and older) to drink (But that's going to change soon)

1. I think that the age to get into bars is 19 at Iowa, but you still have to be 21 to purchase drinks (which was likely hardly enforced)

2. It's already been passed for the bars to go to 21 to get in. I think that goes into effect January 1. It was pretty funny seeing all the Facebook statuses from Iowa kids about transfering when it was changed from 19 to 21.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

All the conspiracy theory wackjobs will need to reload to take down Auburn now:

Cam Newton ruled ELIGIBLE by NCAA

Auburn University football student-athlete Cam Newton is immediately eligible to compete, according to a decision today by the NCAA student-athlete reinstatement staff. The NCAA concluded on Monday that a violation of amateurism rules occurred, therefore Auburn University declared the student-athlete ineligible yesterday for violations of NCAA amateurism rules.

When a school discovers an NCAA rules violation has occurred, it must declare the student-athlete ineligible and may request the student-athlete?s eligibility be reinstated. Reinstatement decisions are made by the NCAA national office staff and can include conditions such as withholding from competition and repayment of extra benefits. Newton was reinstated without any conditions.

Auburn University football student-athlete Cam Newton is immediately eligible to compete, according to a decision today by the NCAA student-athlete reinstatement staff. The NCAA concluded on Monday that a violation of amateurism rules occurred, therefore Auburn University declared the student-athlete ineligible yesterday for violations of NCAA amateurism rules.

When a school discovers an NCAA rules violation has occurred, it must declare the student-athlete ineligible and may request the student-athlete?s eligibility be reinstated. Reinstatement decisions are made by the NCAA national office staff and can include conditions such as withholding from competition and repayment of extra benefits. Newton was reinstated without any conditions.

You missed this part:

Reinstatement decisions are independent of the NCAA enforcement process and typically are made once the facts of the student-athlete?s involvement are determined. The reinstatement process is likely to conclude prior to the close of an investigation. It is NCAA policy not to comment on current, pending or potential investigations.

I still wouldn't get any of the trophies Auburn wins engraved.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

When this all comes crashing down, I am going to come back to this post... :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

UM-anOSU is in the past. You already had your rivalry fun. Let us have ours.

Our OSU - UM "fun" lasted two posts. Yours is going on what, 5 pages now?

Cry me a river.

Back to the Boise State talk for a moment.... As for Coach Peterson, now that he now knows the Broncos have ZERO chance of EVER making the BCS Title Game, I can totally see him taking a job in the offseason, like Michigan or Stanford (depending on which route Harbaugh decides to go). Schools like that have money to offer, much more than Boise State could ever come up with. Will he succeed in a BCS Conference? It's hard to tell. His predecessors, Hawkins and Keotter, sucked it up when they went "Big Time".

6uXNWAo.png

Archived