Twins Wear Red Caps

Joshawaggie

I hate the red hat and I hate the TC logo. Last time I checked they were the Minnesota Twins nothe Twin City (Cities) Twins.

follow the Twins off and on, and i liked the return to the TC hats, if for nothing more than 1) looks cool, and 2) matches my initials :D

now if i could find a size 8...or hope Kevin Mench gets traded to Minny :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I grew up in watching the Twins wearing the red cap at home and the navy cap on the road in the 80's before switching to the current look in 1987. I am happy the club has decided to bring it back.

Now if they could only bring back the old "Twins" script on the front of the jerseys.

I grew up in watching the Twins wearing the red cap at home and the navy cap on the road in the 80's before switching to the current look in 1987. I am happy the club has decided to bring it back.

Now if they could only bring back the old "Twins" script on the front of the jerseys.

yes! I made these concepts a couple summers ago...

copy and paste

scroll down, nevermind the padres one

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

It reminds me of the ugly light blue pullover days of the 70s and 80s. Ick. I like the Twins, I have owned the "M" had and have a blue Twins alt. But if they have to wear "TC" hats, which I do like, they should be blue with red bill and button. It looks out of place with the red hat..I can't explain why, it just looks weird. Maybe it's all the blue in the dome, blue fits better than red.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Well, as someone with three older sisters, all in fashion, i can tell you that these hats make more sence, in terms of matching, but so does the NFL "monochrome look." so id venture youd like these if you like that.

I love them both. These hats should be worn with no blue bil though.

To the Minnesota, not TC quote above. You have a point, especially since greater minnesota are the only people able to watch games this year, with the Victory Sports dibaccle here, but i never liked the M logo. The TC logo is very popular here, and has been an excellent marketing move since they brought it back. Twins caps are EVERYWHERE here, 90% of them being the TC, not the M.

The M hats do represent the two championships however, so its hard to exclude any of them.

As a lifelong Twins fan who grew up following the early days of Herbie (Kent Hrbek) and Kirby (Puckett), I love the TC hats. I even like the old baby blue pullovers, but that's just because i'm a fan.

That said, I don't like the red hats with the pinstripe uniforms. I think they'd look perfect with both the home and away blue alternates, but they seem funny with the home whites. The blue TC is still my favorite.

On a side note, they still wear the "M" hats on the road occasionally.

I'm pleased that the Twins re-introduced the red TC hat, even if it does make the Cooperstown Collection version of this hat that I purchased back in 1993 a little less special.

A couple of things to note:

* There are no alternate helmets. Twins batters still wore blue helmets at the plate.

* Metrodome field turf! Now it's like the recently deceased Veterans Stadium, but with a roof!

MPD101041816_lower.jpgMPD102041816_lower.jpg

So few teams in the American League wear red hats anymore. Is it just the Angels (home and road) and Twins (alternate) now? Texas dropped theirs, Boston flirts with one every once in a while, only to phase it out, and I suppose no other team really could get away with it in the AL. Indians? Yankees (major stretch)?

Extend it to the Senior Circuit and you end up with only these additions:

* Expos (bp)

* Phillies (home, alternate, and bp)

* Cardinals (home)

* Reds (home)

Who else could? Braves? Dodgers (even more of a stretch than the Yanks)?

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

You have a point, especially since greater minnesota are the only people able to watch games this year, with the Victory Sports dibaccle here, but i never liked the M logo. The TC logo is very popular here, and has been an excellent marketing move since they brought it back. Twins caps are EVERYWHERE here, 90% of them being the TC, not the M.

%$$&^*%* Victory Sports, i can't watch my Twins anymore here In Fargo.... yet.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Personally I like them but like gosouix said I agree that they may look better with the two alternate jerseys,but thats my opinion though.Personally I think they look good with the home whites,too although I think I prefer the blue TC caps for these.

I used to have one of these red TC hats back in '97,parents bought it for me on clearance at a Fred's discount store.And to answer a previous post now that I think about it mine seemed like a darker red than these.While we're on red,does anyone have any pics of the 1997 red alternates they can post?Just wondering.

98Falcons.png

The way that C kind of fades into the red of the cap, it reminds me of a Texas Rangers' cap. Anybody else seeing this?

As for the red cap, I don't hate it, certainly more eye-catching the the dark blue, but I like the dark blue better for some reason. If there wasn't that darn thing called tradition, I'd overhaul the Twinkies complete identity. All of their logos are either throwbacks to old (and either bad or cheesy logos) or consist only of letters (at least the hated Yankees have that bat-Uncle Sam hat combo thing going for them). I can't blame the Twins much for that either... not much you can do logo-wise with a name like Twins. Which is the reason why I'd start with the name.

I don't hate the name "Twins", it's unique that's for sure, but it's the reason for the yawner of an identity, and unfortunately if not for tradition, I'd get rid of it.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Boston hasn't worn the red hats for a few years now. They looked great with blue bills/buttons, but the logo should have been blue with white outline, not the other way around. That was how they were in the 70s.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Why don't they try it with their Navy Blue Alternate Jerseys, hmmmm?

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

I like the red hats a lot, and I definitely DO NOT like NFL monochrome uniforms, so I guess I am in Tajmccall's minority. :D As a Sox fan obviously I have to put up with the Twins a lot, and I love that they brought back the TC logo, it kicks the crap outta the stupid M with an underline. Who cares what the team name is, it is a great looking logo/hat. But I do like the current home uni script better, so basically I think their current unis are perfect. They just need to drop the road alternate jersey.

I like the red hats.. looks good with the red trim on the jerseys.

Now, the TC? I totally see the point that (scrolling down.. hell, i dont see it, jrk??) someone make about them not being the Twin Cities Twins. I agree. Its pretty bizarre when teams use terms that aren't what their name is. The H in the canadians seems hokey to me, too. But, hell. YOu own a team, but a freakin hotdog on the chest, you own it.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

If people have an issue with them using a region for the hat logo "Twin Cities", then would they also have an issue with the team being named after the State. The fact that the name Twins was chosen to show that the team would be a regional Minneapolis/St. Paul team makes it completely legitimate for the team to use TC (Twin Cities) on their caps. If the Vikings or Wild used a "TC" logo or crest it would be out of place, but they are called the TWINS.

Archived