2010 NFL Season

NEW.ERA

That still doesn't defend going to Rex Grossman. You should not go to Rex Grossman unless your starter is DEAD.

Hey, Rex Grossman led the Bears to a 13-3 record and a Super Bowl berth in 2006-07. Doesn't that make him good, am I correct?

No. He quarterbacked at Florida. Enough said.

6uXNWAo.png

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That still doesn't defend going to Rex Grossman. You should not go to Rex Grossman unless your starter is DEAD.

Hey, Rex Grossman led the Bears to a 13-3 record and a Super Bowl berth in 2006-07. Doesn't that make him good, am I correct?

That defense carried the Bears that year. That was the year the Bears came back on the Cardinals without scoring a single offensive TD. Grossman had a QB rating in the teens for that game IIRC. Then the Super Bowl, good Lord. The defense & Devin Hester were the main source of points for that team. He had a couple of good games, but was wildly inconsistent. Grossman continued the Chicago Bear tradition of having awful QBs, & his position on the bench in 2010 is warranted.

I call bulls#!t on that one, Mac. If they weren't a rival, you wouldn't give a fvck about Harrison, Ward, Farrior, or Big Dumb Ben and you damn sure wouldn't have wasted a post on it.

I'm not a fan of a rival team, and I can't stand all four of those guys and the Steelers in general. Believe it or not, you can hate teams for reasons other than rivalry or jealousy.

I think Jigga's point was more that a neutral party could probably find at least a small-handful of teams more hateable than the Steelers like, say, the Patriots, Vikings, Raiders or Cowboys (the latter two more-so because of their ownership than anyone currently on the roster).

Although as a Packers fan, I don't hate the Vikings so much as I pity them. You know you got problems when your organization is hands down the biggest joke in its division and that division includes the Lions.

I call bulls#!t on that one, Mac. If they weren't a rival, you wouldn't give a fvck about Harrison, Ward, Farrior, or Big Dumb Ben and you damn sure wouldn't have wasted a post on it.

I'm not a fan of a rival team, and I can't stand all four of those guys and the Steelers in general. Believe it or not, you can hate teams for reasons other than rivalry or jealousy.

I think Jigga's point was more that a neutral party could probably find at least a small-handful of teams more hateable than the Steelers like, say, the Patriots, Vikings, Raiders or Cowboys (the latter two more-so because of their ownership than anyone currently on the roster).

Although as a Packers fan, I don't hate the Vikings so much as I pity them. You know you got problems when your organization is hands down the biggest joke in its division and that division includes the Lions.

If we define "hate" as dislikable, then this neutral party is hard pressed to find a team more hateable than the current Steelers; an organization that collectively straddles (albeit more on the dirty side) that thin line of "technically legal" between "fair play" and as "dirty as Rodney Harrison".

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

As for me, being a Seahawks fan means dislike of the division rivals. Not hate, because that hate is saved for when the old AFC West rivals come calling (8 years in the NFC West cannot replace the over 30 years spent in the AFC West).

If a West team does well, then I sort of half heartily cheer for them. Hey, they're a division rival, but I'd rather see that rival do well then someone else do better.

If we define "hate" as dislikable, then this neutral party is hard pressed to find a team more hateable than the current Steelers; an organization that collectively straddles (albeit more on the dirty side) that thin line of "technically legal" between "fair play" and as "dirty as Rodney Harrison".

I think a lot of people (myself included) still see the Steelers as a classy organization that's going through a phase where a lot of douchebags happen to be on the roster at the same time. The same could've been said of the Packers in the mid-80s (Mossy Cade, Charles Martin, Ken Stills, etc.), only they were scuttling between 8-8 and 4-12 seasons instead of contending for Super Bowls.

Granted, I don't necessarily blame anyone for finding the Steelers dislikable either. I was just going with my interpretation of what Jigga said.

No, you go to the wildcat at that point.

I was forced to attend the Bears/Panthers game in Charlotte, and the whole time I was watching the Panthers inept passing attack, I couldn't grasp why they wouldn't just put DeAngelo and Jonathan Stewart out there and run the Wildcat. At least it would've been interesting.

I was forced to attend the Bears/Panthers game in Charlotte, and the whole time I was watching the Panthers inept passing attack, I couldn't grasp why they wouldn't just put DeAngelo and Jonathan Stewart out there and run the Wildcat. At least it would've been interesting.

The Panthers actually won a game using that method.

Chris Weinke was the starting QB, and IIRC, he had won only 1 game out of 19 tries. Fox knew he was crap as a QB, so he ran the Wildcat with DeAngelo & DeShaun Foster the entire game. They only threw the ball 7 :censored: ing times. This, combined with the fact that the Panthers defense just ran roughshod over an extremely uninspired Falcons squad led to the Panthers winning the game 10-3. I was there, still one of the worst memories I have as a Falcons fan. :P

But yeah, said that to say this: If it's worked before, they should do it again. Hell, they ain't going anywhere this season, why not try it?

that, or you take a page out of the Packers playbook and bust out the T formation and/or the inverted wishbone.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Blackout Watch 2010:

--The Texans/Jaguars game will be televised in Jacksonville.

--The Lions/Bills game in Buffalo will be blacked out. (But it is Lions/Bills, who didn't see that coming?)

--The Panthers/Bucs game is likely to be blacked out.

It's going to be odd not announcing Raiders games on here, assuming that they will keep selling out the place.

Whats up with the NFL Network hiring horrible announcers? They started off with Bryant Gumbel, now they've got this craptastic crew. Joe Theismann is one of the worst announcers in all of sports. I was thrilled when they got rid of him at ESPN. Now, I'm probably not going to watch any more games on the NFL Network this season, the announcing crew will just ruin the game.

Man, the Falcons have had about 3 or 4 games where, had this been a few years ago, the Falcons would've lost. Slowly but surely, the 'Same Ol' Falcons are dying.

Yea an awful combo. Millen is a moron and Theisman is the NFL's Tim McCarver.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Man, the Falcons have had about 3 or 4 games where, had this been a few years ago, the Falcons would've lost. Slowly but surely, the 'Same Ol' Falcons are dying.

Yea an awful combo. Millen is a moron and Theisman is the NFL's Tim McCarver.

Wrong quote, but I do agree. Those 3 were just dreadful. It was like football Botchamania.

Sorry meant to reply to Cujo's post about the announce team.

Matt Ryan looked like a star tonight tough Flame, I think the Falcons proved they are legit tonight.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived