2010 NFL Season

NEW.ERA

NFLN's broadcast is about as brutal as they come. Papa is incredibly boring, and the combo of Theismann and Millen are a tandem sent straight from hell. Nearly unwatchable.

I'm glad to see it wasn't just me thinking that the broadcast was brutal. I've seen local high school games called better than that. You're only the NFL Network. How hard can it be to come up with a decent announcing team to cover...you know...your own sport? Hell, borrow Bob Costas from MLB Network or find a really good local radio crew and give them a shot. It's hysterical to me that the league's own TV network is so bad at broadcasting their own product that they drive fans away. It would be even funnier if not for the fact that I actually want to watch the games.

BB52Big.jpg

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NFLN's broadcast is about as brutal as they come. Papa is incredibly boring, and the combo of Theismann and Millen are a tandem sent straight from hell. Nearly unwatchable.

I'm glad to see it wasn't just me thinking that the broadcast was brutal. I've seen local high school games called better than that. You're only the NFL Network. How hard can it be to come up with a decent announcing team to cover...you know...your own sport? Hell, borrow Bob Costas from MLB Network or find a really good local radio crew and give them a shot. It's hysterical to me that the league's own TV network is so bad at broadcasting their own product that they drive fans away. It would be even funnier if not for the fact that I actually want to watch the games.

Also I could barely hear any cheers from the crowd when White got the game winning TD. Anyway, do you guys think White got away with pass interference there?

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Also I could barely hear any cheers from the crowd when White got the game winning TD. Anyway, do you guys think White got away with pass interference there?

Thank you! I was about to make a post along the same lines. Every NFL network broadcast is dead, it sounds like a middle school baseball game or something, its so hard to get into the game. I dont know why, but if that was a MNF game, I would be raving about how great of a game, but that broadcast just left me depressed. Jack up the crowd noise and have an enthusiastic announcer (Gus Johnson) next year.

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Thank you! I was about to make a post along the same lines. Every NFL network broadcast is dead, it sounds like a middle school baseball game or something, its so hard to get into the game. I dont know why, but if that was a MNF game, I would be raving about how great of a game, but that broadcast just left me depressed. Jack up the crowd noise and have an enthusiastic announcer (Gus Johnson) next year.

Exactly. That game sounded like it was a couple of 2-13 teams playing their last game of the season...and the road team was up by 28. There were fans at the game right?

BB52Big.jpg

Dull. Dead. All of the above. If not for the Jets playing Cincy on Thanksgiving, I'd probably pass on the remainder of the Thursday Night schedule.

And did I catch both Theis' and Millen praise Roddy White for obvious offensive pass interference on Atlanta's last score? Something to the extent of: "Roddy White will get the no-call on that all day!" Are they allowed to say that? It's like they downplayed PI even happening, as if NFLN were trying to hide the league's poor officiating. What a tragedy.

6uXNWAo.png

Yes. In fact, I think the Falcons got away with a lot in this game. If I were a Ravens fan, I'd be up in arms over some of the calls. That push off, the Falcons facemask that was called on the Ravens, & a pass interference call that could've gone either way. Those were the biggest ones that I can remember off the top of my head. They were letting em play for the most part, but the calls that they did make weren't too good.

Definitely. He grabbed the dude's face mask and threw him to the ground. But I don't think it would have mattered. Falcons still would have won, maybe. Actually, I don't know since that would have pushed them back to near the 50... Ehh, who knows. But yes, that was a P.I. and should have been called.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Personally, I can't wait until Brett Favre retires. Not because I'm sick of the guy and the media coverage he gets (I am), but because then we won't have to see any more sarcastic Cujo posts detailing Brett Favre's magic or his gunslinging ability. We get it, dude. You hate Brett Favre. Move on.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Personally, I can't wait until Brett Favre retires. Not because I'm sick of the guy and the media coverage he gets (I am), but because then we won't have to see any more sarcastic Cujo posts detailing Brett Favre's magic or his gunslinging ability. We get it, dude. You hate Brett Favre. Move on.

This.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

x2 to the above.

This is it. There is no coming back unless we have major advances in robotics over the next 9 months.

Or if he's actually a Highlander and cannot be killed unless you take the head off...

What? I thought it was funny.

Yes. In fact, I think the Falcons got away with a lot in this game. If I were a Ravens fan, I'd be up in arms over some of the calls. That push off, the Falcons facemask that was called on the Ravens, & a pass interference call that could've gone either way. Those were the biggest ones that I can remember off the top of my head. They were letting em play for the most part, but the calls that they did make weren't too good.

It's frustrating but nothing new. The refs always make terrible calls against our defense, especially late in the 4th quarter. Many times it seems like they just don't want the Ravens to win.

It was a tough loss, but I'll take it. Going on the road on short rest against a team that dominates at home isn't going to be easy. The Ravens kept it close and Joe Flacco stepped up when he needed too. This is a "good" loss and so far there have not been any bad ones.

Just to elborate on the NFL Network's coverage. They should honestly be embarrassed. It looks more like an up and coming network that spent all their money on the rights to broadcast and had nothing left for the actual broadcast. The announcers were awful, the sound was awful, and the were many replays that were shown over the actual plays. Unless the Ravens get another game on the network I will not watch them again (and when the Ravens are on it I'll watch from the local affiliate).

It's frustrating but nothing new. The refs always make terrible calls against our defense, especially late in the 4th quarter. Many times it seems like they just don't want the Ravens to win.

Except for, you know, that time when the refs made that terrible fumble call in favour of your defense in OT against the Bills, which cost us our first win of the year.

This.

Oh lighten up guys. Brett Farve's career has reached comical status by this point anyway.

Archived