New Cleveland Cav Uniforms.

charger77

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know these were brought up in the NBA '10 megathread, but it took me til now to notice that "1"...what is up with the slanted edge at the top there? What purpose does that serve at all?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I know these were brought up in the NBA '10 megathread, but it took me til now to notice that "1"...what is up with the slanted edge at the top there? What purpose does that serve at all?

That's my reaction. I still love the uniform and the road uniform will be in my top five in the NBA (I love the lack of white), but the "1" is goofy looking. Probably for the sake of "uniqueness" I suppose.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

There's also something to be said about a uniform design in which the replica is the same as the authentic (except for the shoulders, of course). That's fan friendly.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

There's also something to be said about a uniform design in which the replica is the same as the authentic (except for the shoulders, of course). That's fan friendly.

Now that you've pointed that out, I love these uniforms. I've talked to dozens of cavs "fans" who didn't realize their replica (jersey with the solid gold side stripe or solid burgundy side stripe) wasn't the same as what the players were wearing. One guy even thought that the wine jerseys were the 2008 version of the "cavfanatic" jerseys.

These unis will transfer to replica without losing anything.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Nothing spectacular, but sometimes less is more. The only change I would've made was to put the same "Cavaliers" wordmark from last year on the home jersey to give it a bit more flair. Overall, I give this a solid "A".

I think there was the usual overreaction to these uni's when these came out yesterday, but I really don't get the hate for this set. Someone mentioned in the NBA megathread that the two unis that stood out in that rookie group twitpic were the Celtics and Spurs. I agreed with that assessment and this uniform reminds me of that look. I'm a fan.

The hate for this set is because they went from a contemporary, interesting set to this cheap, oversimplified garbage. Somehow they could come up with the cool, unique idea of putting the team slogan on the inside rear collar but neglected to put basic side and shorts stripes. The Jazz's old uniforms looked like an AAU team... this looks like a rec league team.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I've never been a huge fan of using just horizontal stripes, especially with today's baggier jerseys that often seem to obscure the waist striping anyway. That being said, this set is growing on me -- although I do think it would benefit from contrasting side panels...

1966BroncosMED.jpg64BearsBlasingamelowres-1.jpgKeyeReboundCloseJPG.jpgDUMagnuson.jpg

I bet you a good portion of the Cavs fanbase won't even notice that they changed uniforms. They'll probably think that the team is wearing another throwback.

BTW, the uniforms worn during Lebron's stint with the team literally are "Lebron Era". A lot of times we use a player when referring to certain uniforms (i.e. Gretzky era Kings), but very rarely was that era in that team's history tied exclusively to that player's time in that city. The Cavs changed the year Lebron got there and they changed the year he left.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived