New NFL on Fox Graphics

patsox

The scoreboard is all the way up in the left corner on the HD broadcast, rather than in the spot where the corner of an SD broadcast would be.

Scratch that ^. I thought they were doing what they've been doing for the MLB broadcasts when they said SD viewers would get the letterbox view.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZCdAWXnYb4

Additional video coming soon...

edit: no more video. the file is too big to email and i can't figure out how to get the video from my phone to my laptop without emailing it .

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The stat overlays look even better than the score bug. I really like the direction Fox took with these graphics

...Now for them to implement them with MLB and NASCAR so there's some consistency, which they rarely do with their MLB package anyway (it's usually a year behind the NFL graphics though they've been using the FSN graphics for two years, completely different than the NFL and NASCAR look), but I digress

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

Now for them to implement them with MLB and NASCAR so there's some consistency, which they rarely do with their MLB package anyway (it's usually a year behind the NFL graphics though they've been using the FSN graphics for two years, completely different than the NFL and NASCAR look), but I digress

Wonder if this is a sign of things to come - the Fox Sports logo is in the same spot as the MLB on FOX, FSteamname, etc. logos, and the score bug sits in the same spot as the FSN score bug.

Considering Fox has been pushing the Fox Sports brand more on the FSN channel, it's not too far-fetched.

kU6ns.gif

The scoreboard is all the way up in the left corner on the HD broadcast, rather than in the spot where the corner of an SD broadcast would be.

No, it's still in the 4:3 corner. There is a lot of space between the box and the edge of the screen. Same with the FOX Sports logo on the other side.

But it's still a nice change. Their old bar was pretty good and used a compact, easy-to-read font, and this new style works as well while eliminating the extra clutter that comes with a full bar.

I felt three-letters were more professional than logos last time Fox tried this and I'm sticking to it.

Yeah, I liked those too, they could throw an ATL and NE very easily on top of the score bug. I do like the whole thing though. Its better than ESPN randomly using jersey wordmarks for NBA coverage

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

I love it, and I'm not worried about professional, I'm worried about looking good which it does. So Like I said I LOVE it! 5 out of 5 (**)

Can't wait till the first Bucs game with these, and I do hope they get something like this for the MLB.

As a sidenote, (not to derail the thread), I was watching the O's-Rays (baseball) game on Fox last Sat. on my SD TV. The first MLB on FOX game I've seen this season. And the font on the FOX BOX and most of the other "stat" graphics looked REALLY small, probably the smallest I've ever seen it. It's basically so small its illegible. I wonder if anyone else has this problem. It's like you can't enjoy the game unless you have a large HD TV.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

As a sidenote, (not to derail the thread), I was watching the O's-Rays (baseball) game on Fox last Sat. on my SD TV. The first MLB on FOX game I've seen this season. And the font on the FOX BOX and most of the other "stat" graphics looked REALLY small, probably the smallest I've ever seen it. It's basically so small its illegible. I wonder if anyone else has this problem. It's like you can't enjoy the game unless you have a large HD TV.

Yeah, I noticed Fox (at least my local affiliate) broadcasts sports on their SD feed in letterboxed 4:3 now.

Yeah, I noticed Fox (at least my local affiliate) broadcasts sports on their SD feed in letterboxed 4:3 now.

Ours too. I didn't like it. Luckily, as soon as I finish watching the rest of the stuff on my DVR, I'll be trading in my box for an HD box.

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

Archived