Bears Throwbacks?

cranium

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last year when they wore the 40s version throwbacks as a tribute to the 'Monsters of the Midway' from that era, i thought those were damn sharp!

nfl_bears_throwbacks_300.jpg

Those were tough and looked great. Should be an annual thing for the Bears to wear just as the Chargers did with their throwbacks.

Last year when they wore the 40s version throwbacks as a tribute to the 'Monsters of the Midway' from that era, i thought those were damn sharp!

Those were tough and looked great. Should be an annual thing for the Bears to wear just as the Chargers did with their throwbacks.

please no.

The Bears should take a page from the Yankees and totally avoid any alternate uniforms. I've hated every one they've ever unveiled.

please stick to the basics.

please no.

The Bears should take a page from the Yankees and totally avoid any alternate uniforms. I've hated every one they've ever unveiled.

I hate the bears with a cheese-wearing passion, but love those throwbacks. Gorgeous.

But you're right. The Bears have no business in an alternate. They have a uniform tradition unmatched in pro football - no other team can trace its look back to the 1940s.

That continuity must be respected. Even though I prefer the throwback look to their regular uniforms, the regulars shouldn't be diluted.

This is a little disappointed.

Lay off the drugs dude.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

please no.

I hate the bears with a cheese-wearing passion, but love those throwbacks. Gorgeous.

But you're right. The Bears have no business in an alternate. They have a uniform tradition unmatched in pro football - no other team can trace its look back to the 1940s.

That continuity must be respected. Even though I prefer the throwback look to their regular uniforms, the regulars shouldn't be diluted.

but the team dates back to the 20's and primarily wore orange or white in the 30's and occasionally wore orange in the 40's...while their look is indeed classic and timeless the orange alt seems to be one of the least offensive out there in terms of tradition...the orange would also make a great change jersey if the league ever relaxed the color/color rules.

I'm a big fan of the 40's throwbacks from last year, but I don't mind the orange alternates for one game around Halloween. Add to the fact that we always kick ass in them, and you've got a decent little yearly ritual.

As for the Packers' throwbacks, the jerseys look cool but there's way too many shades of brown going on. That plain brown helmet looks awful with the navy/yellow jersey and beige pants.

Pants are a khaki color ... perhaps they could of made the face-mask brown, but overall I didn't think it was all that bad.

With today's technology they could have used that dip-process that was used on the Oregon helmet to put a design on the helmet to make it actually look like an old leather helmet.

Fashion and color-coordination sure wasn't a big thing back in the early years of the NFL.

09000d5d81ca521b_gallery_600.jpg

09000d5d81ca521c_gallery_600.jpg

09000d5d81ca6b51_gallery_600.jpg

Archived