2010-11 NHL Season Thread

Still MIGHTY

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Admiral, for your "Only the Goddamned AHL" spinoff, I have another chapter for you.

When Discount Hockey Sticks Go Bad or "The Night of a Thousand Splinters."

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Oh god no now what

Peoria-Rockford (Rockford especially) tonight had well more than its fair share of broken sticks tonight. To the point where there were 3 on the ice at one time during a prolonged power play sequence. The best I can figure is that Chicago only permits Wirtzian funds to be spend on sticks, thus resulting in sticks made of plywood. What was especially eye-opening was that many of the sticks didn't just crack, but literally snapped in two.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Oh god no now what

Peoria-Rockford (Rockford especially) tonight had well more than its fair share of broken sticks tonight. To the point where there were 3 on the ice at one time during a prolonged power play sequence. The best I can figure is that Chicago only permits Wirtzian funds to be spend on sticks, thus resulting in sticks made of plywood. What was especially eye-opening was that many of the sticks didn't just crack, but literally snapped in two.

That's every team at every level, it seems. You can't get through two minutes without a broken stick these days. Hockey seems to be experiencing its own parallel to the Maple Bat Crisis, but nobody really cares because, well, it's only the goddamned NHL.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

nobody cares

Suspending Wisniewski was really stupid, especially giving him two games at the same time you're giving someone two games for a concussive hip-check. It's a shame both guys had to be suspended. Pominville should've braced himself given all the time he spent looking at the impending checker, and Avery should've stopped sucking so many dicks.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

nobody cares

Suspending Wisniewski was really stupid, especially giving him two games at the same time you're giving someone two games for a concussive hip-check. It's a shame both guys had to be suspended. Pominville should've braced himself given all the time he spent looking at the impending checker, and Avery should've stopped sucking so many dicks.

Can this be the Post of the Day?

Friar%20Canuck.jpgfriarcanuck.png

nobody cares

Can this be the Post of the Day?

I would 2nd just for the bolded portion..

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

nobody cares

postofday.png

nobody cares

dyk3kw.jpg

nobody cares

dyk3kw.jpg

THAT. JUST. HAPPENED.

that-just-happened-o.gif

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Not only that, they're 3-0 over 3 playoff teams from last year, & it's their best start since 99-00. They may actually be good this year. Yeah, it's mad early, but it certainly helps to have a great start.

I think they can make the playoffs and who knows the Northeast isn't that good they may actually be able to win it, A competitive division but not overwhelming. Bruins should win, But I think the Leafs can hold their own against the Sabres, Habs and Sens.

Second place in the Northeast usually means a 6-8 playoff spot.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

In my NHL Preview I picked the Leafs to finish 8th. I am not shocked at all by their start and I think they are heading in the right direction.

I'm shocked that you have so far made a decent pick.

Well you better hope my picks pan out B)

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived