2010-11 NHL Season Thread

Still MIGHTY

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will gladly take 2 out of 4 points in the Sweden Series with San Jose. The Blue Jackets looked pretty good too, and in both games. This team won't challenge for home ice advantage in the playoffs, but they could surprise.

Also, I love Scott Arniel more with each passing day. He is the anti-Hitchcock. He preaches up-tempo, puck moving, possession hockey. He's great with young players, and he doesn't get into the heads of the more fragile minded guys *cough*Steve Mason*cough*. Plus, he's ya know, under 350 pounds.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I will gladly take 2 out of 4 points in the Sweden Series with San Jose. The Blue Jackets looked pretty good too, and in both games. This team won't challenge for home ice advantage in the playoffs, but they could surprise.

Also, I love Scott Arniel more with each passing day. He is the anti-Hitchcock. He preaches up-tempo, puck moving, possession hockey. He's great with young players, and he doesn't get into the heads of the more fragile minded guys *cough*Steve Mason*cough*. Plus, he's ya know, under 350 pounds.

Agreed 100%. Tough to lose the game yesterday on 3 goals that probably should have never happened, but it's great to get the points. But yeah, right now, I love the addition of Moreau. Created that goal for RJ yesterday and nets the GWG today. I really think the Jackets are a playoff team. Let's win a playoff game this year.

6fQjS3M.png

I quickly switched over from the Ducks lack of defense, except for the fabulous Cam Fowler (my god, this kid can not go back to juniors. He's the Ducks best defenseman and he's only 18. It's amazing. I don't know if that's more a credit to Fowler than a put down on the Ducks, but anyways), to check out the Kings/Canucks game to see the retro unis. The Kings need to make a modernized set of the Purple and Golds. Those look sweet. I'm not quick to praise the Kings on anything, but daaaayyyyyyymmmmmm those are choice.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Caps roll over Jersey 7-2. Mike Green and Ilya Kovalchuk fought, PL3 got a game misconduct and an instigator for trying to fight poor young Marcus Johansson who wanted nothing to do with him.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Caps roll over Jersey 7-2. Mike Green and Ilya Kovalchuk fought, PL3 got a game misconduct and an instigator for trying to fight poor young Marcus Johansson who wanted nothing to do with him.

It was ridiculous! MacLean's bank account just got $10,000.00 lighter as there were 4 or 5 fights in the last 5 minutes of the game!

Just watched the highlights on NHLN...in the words of Ron Burgundy "Man, that escalated quickly. Boy, that really got out of hand, fast." Seriously, you know :censored: was going down when Kovalchuk was throwing hands. Maybe he got inspired watching Datsyuk pull off the Gordie Howe Hat Trick last night.

Also, the Thrashers beat the Caps in the opener (which I went to on a whim. That was awesome.), then nearly came back from 4 goals down on the road against Lightning, only to lose 5-3. I know it's CRAZY early, but so far, I'm digging the new-look Thrashers. They probably won't be too much better than they were last year, but they will be fun to watch.

They still don't know why Pavs collapsed on the ice last night. Kinda weird that he doesn't even remember playing in the game, much less how it happened. At least he's somewhat okay, for now.

It was ridiculous! MacLean's bank account just got $10,000.00 lighter as there were 4 or 5 fights in the last 5 minutes of the game!

Bruce said he intentionally put out MarJo, Gordon, Fehr, Alzner and Carlson to diffuse any further violence, but that didnt stop PL3 from chasing down Johansson. What a dick.

"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

These are dark days for the Ducks, so I will take the time to reflect on days past. It is customary for a team that just won a championship to be put on the cover of Sports Illustrated, so when Pronger and the boys came through, I waited with bated breath to see what the cover would look like. Selanne? Getzlaf? Even better.

0618mid.jpg

Now, as you can see, there's a little blurb about the Mets and their GM there (which of course had a dynasty of their own), but the focus is obviously on the Stanley Cup champs. See the fine print in the upper left? It says "Quack, quack!" What a delightful way of acknowledging the end to another great NHL season. Thank you, SI, and God bless.

These are dark days for the Ducks, so I will take the time to reflect on days past. It is customary for a team that just won a championship to be put on the cover of Sports Illustrated, so when Pronger and the boys came through, I waited with bated breath to see what the cover would look like. Selanne? Getzlaf? Even better.

0618mid.jpg

Now, as you can see, there's a little blurb about the Mets and their GM there (which of course had a dynasty of their own), but the focus is obviously on the Stanley Cup champs. See the fine print in the upper left? It says "Quack, quack!" What a delightful way of acknowledging the end to another great NHL season. Thank you, SI, and God bless.

How can you blame SI for paying attention to leagues that a lot more people care about?

I hope Vancouver just wears on the Kings tonight.

One of the greatest golatending duels I've ever seen, rendered useless by the :censored:ing shootout. Or at least, by Luongo being useless against the breakaway.

Either way, it was a great game. Overtime alone, particularly the LA power play, was some of the best hockey I've seen in a long time.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

That :censored:ING cover is the start of the Mets recent downfall. When that was published the Mets had a nice lead in the NL East and were playing well. Right around the time it came out the Mets were swept at Shea by the Phillies and went into a it of a June swoon that allowed the Phillies who were on the verge of firing Charlie Manuel to get back in the race. After that cover the Mets played .500 the rest of 2007 and had the epic September collapse as Omar read his headlines nad thought he was a genius and the rest is history three years later with the Mets in ruins. It all started with that God Damned cover. SI Jinx I believe it.

To bring it back to hockey the Devils have looked awful so far this season. I went to opening night and Andy Greene had the worst game I ever scene. Pushed down by a player controlling the puck with one hand, and falling down in the offensive zone and allowing the break away that led to winning goal in overtime. Than 7 goals allowed in Washington. Its early but very troubling to see a player look that bad.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Lady and Gentleman, hell has begun to freeze over.

The Toronto Maple Leafs lead the Eastern Conference and are presently undefeated.

Yup. The world is going to end.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

The Toronto Maple Leafs lead the Eastern Conference and are presently undefeated.

Can we wait till the All Star break to be proclaiming the end of the world? :D

Can we wait till the

All Star break to be proclaiming the end of the world? :D

TSN won't wait. They've already began planing the route down Yonge Street or whatever. :P

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Can we wait till the

All Star break to be proclaiming the end of the world? :D

TSN won't wait. They've already began planing the route down Yonge Street or whatever. :P

Don Cherry, Mike Milburry and the gang on HNIC were already popping the champange bottles last night.

and since I mentioned his name why is Mike Milburry on TV!? He's awful and has no credibility.

Archived