The 2010-2011 MLB Offseason Thread

AnythingChicago

And lots more news here, including the one in nash61's post above...

• A's finalize deal with Hideki Matsui.
  • Lyle Overbay signs in Pittsburgh
  • Closer Kevin Gregg will most likely sign in Baltimore, but the Red Sox and Natinals are still in the hunt.

25yzwqg.png

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best. Offseason. Ever.

I must've picked the right year to start this thread. I got on the computer a few minutes ago to 81 notifications sinse 9:00 last night, 79 were from this thread (I'm watching it).

To quote the legendary Nelson Muntz, ""If you didn't do it, some other loser would have. So quit milking it."

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

• Closer Kevin Gregg will most likely sign in Baltimore, but the Red Sox and Natinals are still in the hunt.

Bye Lyle :)

Gregg in the AL East but not on the Jays? :notworthy:

The only thing better than Gregg being off the Jays is possibly getting to face him a dozen times a year!

Bye Lyle :)

Gregg in the AL East but not on the Jays? :notworthy:

The only thing better than Gregg being off the Jays is possibly getting to face him a dozen times a year!

I don't even know who Kevin Gregg is, but it figures that my Orioles are going after someone who seems to have sucked for the team he played for (judging by these reactions).

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

It's not that he's that bad. It's just that he doesn't inspire the confidence that a closer should. He was amongst the leaders in saves in the AL last season, but as a Jays fan I was never confident in his ability. He blew more saves than a good closer should. I wouldn't mind him back on the Jays as a regular reliever, but not as the closer.

1zqy8ok.gif

I dunno. The Royals want a lot in return. Some teams may just wait til the price goes down a little. Texas is still pretty competitive in that division without him. It will be playoff time when they will need that sort of arm. That's just what I think though.

And lots more news here, including the one in nash61's post above...

• A's finalize deal with Hideki Matsui.

Pirates sign Matt Diaz as well.

It's not that he's that bad. It's just that he doesn't inspire the confidence that a closer should. He was amongst the leaders in saves in the AL last season, but as a Jays fan I was never confident in his ability. He blew more saves than a good closer should. I wouldn't mind him back on the Jays as a regular reliever, but not as the closer.

Well, if the Orioles got him he'd be in competition for the closer's job with Gonzalez and Uehara. So he could be the set up man. My best guess is that Uehara has the closer's job out of Spring Training, but he's pretty soft so that could change. Not sure how I feel about this move. I don't like spending alot of money on the bullpen, but at least Gregg doesn't lose a pick. As long as this deal doesn't prevent them from doing something else, financial wise, I guess its an okay move.

121510-lee-amaro-400.jpg

When asked about the differences between playing in Philadelphia vs. his most recent stops - "the fans here don't need a message on the scoreboard to know when to cheer."

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

121510-lee-amaro-400.jpg

When asked about the differences between playing in Philadelphia vs. his most recent stops - "the fans here don't need a message on the scoreboard to know when to cheer."

A message reading "Please stop throwing crap; Brad Lidge is in critical condition" is considered an equivalent.

121510-lee-amaro-400.jpg

A message reading "Please stop throwing crap; Brad Lidge is in critical condition" is considered an equivalent.

If he doesn't want to get hit with crap, he should just stop blowing saves. It's an easy solution to a simple problem.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

LOL, they asked Lee about the text messages and if it was true that he was sending messages to Phillies players and he acknowledged that he was telling the players (even very late in the season) that he wants to come back and get on the FO guys to make an effort to bring him back. He said that he and Jayson Werth told each other that they were going to try and get on the same team this year, but once Werth went to DC he knew that wasn't possible so he got his agent to go back to the Phillies and figure it out.

He also said that nobody in NY spit on his wife, that it was an overblown story, and had zero to do with his decision.

Archived