The 2010-2011 MLB Offseason Thread

AnythingChicago

Red Sox deal with Crawford - 7 years, $142 million

Angels offer to Crawford - 6 years, $108 million

Well now I understand why Crawford chose Boston. Doesn't make it any better, however.

Wow...what a classless punk move by Crawford here! Why in the hell would he want to go somewhere for an extra $30-plus million. Shameful. What a horrible, awful human being. :P

Dude you just flat out don't get it do you? Professional athletes are supposed to do exactly what we tell them to do. If we say they need to play somewhere we like for less money then that's exactly what these :censored:-ing d-bags had better do. We do pay their salaries after all. As fans, we dictate the terms here. Honestly, how many more times do I have to explain these things to you? :rolleyes:

I was personally hoping Jigga wasn't serious :P

He was dead serious and so was I. We don't play around here at the CCSLC.

BB52Big.jpg

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Red Sox deal with Crawford - 7 years, $142 million

Angels offer to Crawford - 6 years, $108 million

Well now I understand why Crawford chose Boston. Doesn't make it any better, however.

Wow...what a classless punk move by Crawford here! Why in the hell would he want to go somewhere for an extra $30-plus million. Shameful. What a horrible, awful human being. :P

Dude you just flat out don't get it do you? Professional athletes are supposed to do exactly what we tell them to do. If we say they need to play somewhere we like for less money then that's exactly what these :censored:-ing d-bags had better do. We do pay their salaries after all. As fans, we dictate the terms here. Honestly, how many more times do I have to explain these things to you? :rolleyes:

I was personally hoping Jigga wasn't serious :P

He was dead serious and so was I. We don't play around here at the CCSLC.

Welcome to the Show Griffey24

So it looks like Cliff Lee is going to sign within the next couple of days, either with the Yankees, Rangers, or..... o.m.g.

They're not expected to offer more than 4 years (Halladay has 3 more years with a club option and they're not going to go past that for Lee) and far less money than NY, but according to local reports, he wants to come back and at least wants to see what they're willing to do. He'll take less, but how much less? IMO he'd be insane to turn down 7 guaranteed years from NY, but that's just me. I'm hoping that he's not like me.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

So it looks like Cliff Lee is going to sign within the next couple of days, either with the Yankees, Rangers, or..... o.m.g.

They're not expected to offer more than 4 years (Halladay has 3 more years with a club option and they're not going to go past that for Lee) and far less money than NY, but according to local reports, he wants to come back and at least wants to see what they're willing to do. He'll take less, but how much less? IMO he'd be insane to turn down 7 guaranteed years from NY, but that's just me. I'm hoping that he's not like me.

And once again, Tony Reagins folds before the flop hits the table.

VmWIn6B.png

Bill Stoneman 2.0?

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

per sportscenter. Cliff Lee is not going to the Yankees

HOOOOOOORAY!

edit: ah :censored: he's going to the Phillies. Hooray retracted.

Ladies and Gentleman, your 2011 World Series Champions: Philadelphia Phillies.

PvO6ZWJ.png

And according to ESPN, the Yankees are now out of the running for Cliff Lee...

Texas vs Philadelphia.

Which of his previous World Series losers will he choose?

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

FWIW, I'm seeing all kinds of stuff floating around on Twitter that Cliff Lee is headed back to Philadelphia.

Not sure how the Phillies managed to pull this off, but props to them for now having the sickest rotation I've seen in my 29 years on planet earth.

6uXNWAo.png

Bill Stoneman 2.0?

For him to reach Stoneman level, he'd have to be to outfielders what Matt Millen was to first round wideouts.

VmWIn6B.png

Jesus goddam christ. Never saw this coming. I guess it validates all the posts regarding the text messages he sent saying he wished he could come back to Philadelphia and how he didn't like playing in Texas. I cannot believe they added this type of payroll, and I can't believe that Lee wanted it enough to take so much less (numbers not out yet, but I have to believe he took less years / money.) I also can't believe that (as things stand today, which could change a lot) Roy Oswalt will probably be the odd man out of the division series rotation. I repeat - Jesus goddam christ.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

RAJ, you crazy crazy man. I'm giddy right now.

It ain't just RAJ. Monty and Co. certainly had to sign off on this. I cannot believe this was the team that once claimed that they can't survive as a "small market club", and the same team that JD Drew refused to sign with because he didn't think they'd spend enough to be competitive.

Archived