NFL Week 9 Uniform Notes

sportsfan9580

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still cannot understand why every week people have to state that the Cowboys will be wearing they're white/silver-green set. That would be like being on a Yankees board and posting every game day "I've heard the Yanks are busting out the pinstripes for the game tonight!" This isn't directed at sportsfan9580 or Buster, but rather that other dude that has to do this week in, week out. I think Dallas should only be noted when they actually roll out the throwbacks.

I still cannot understand how someone doesn't get the joke. This is directed at aawagner011. :P

87Redskins.png

The Cowboys will be wearing their MIS-MATCHED blue uniforms this weekend. They have technology to make the uniform colors match, ask the vikings, it took them years, but they finally have a uniform that matches.

And ironically the old, mismatched uniform looks a hundred times better than the new set.

87Redskins.png

BRING BACK THE PURPLE PANTS!!!

The Vikings will indeed BRING BACK THE PURPLE PANTS this week. However, as it is a home game, they will be pairing them with the home jerseys. That's a whole lotta purple.

I'm pretty sure that's not gonna happen. Last I heard, they don't even physically possess the purple pants anymore. Maybe I'm wrong...

The Vikings will indeed BRING BACK THE PURPLE PANTS this week. However, as it is a home game, they will be pairing them with the home jerseys. That's a whole lotta purple.

I'm pretty sure that's not gonna happen. Last I heard, they don't even physically possess the purple pants anymore. Maybe I'm wrong...

It is happening.

Yay for more mismatched jersey/pants combos out of Minny!

See, this why it's a mistake to design pants specifically designed to go with one jersey or another. The team won't listen.

The Cowboys will be wearing their MIS-MATCHED blue uniforms this weekend. They have technology to make the uniform colors match, ask the vikings, it took them years, but they finally have a uniform that matches.

And ironically the old, mismatched uniform looks a hundred times better than the new set.

Indeed.

I still cannot understand why every week people have to state that the Cowboys will be wearing they're white/silver-green set. That would be like being on a Yankees board and posting every game day "I've heard the Yanks are busting out the pinstripes for the game tonight!" This isn't directed at sportsfan9580 or Buster, but rather that other dude that has to do this week in, week out. I think Dallas should only be noted when they actually roll out the throwbacks.

I still cannot understand how someone doesn't get the joke. This is directed at aawagner011. :P

Oh I got it :grin: I just decided to bring up that other guy that always has to mention it ! I guess it just got to me a bit...

It is happening.

May I ask for your source? I'm not calling you out or anything, I just don't want to be disappointed by a potentially false idea of the return of the purple pants. ^_^

It is happening.

May I ask for your source? I'm not calling you out or anything, I just don't want to be disappointed by a potentially false idea of the return of the purple pants. ^_^

He's not lying. Scroll down to wear it says Monotone Time

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

The Colts are wearing their "even more throwback then usual" uniforms (with navy blue helmet) this week in Philly.

Texans in all navy. Vikes in all purple.

And Cowboys, as previously noted earlier, will try and break their losing streak with their classic whites with silver green britches. Hope we see win #2 for America's Team.

The Colts are wearing their "even more throwback then usual" uniforms (with navy blue helmet) this week in Philly.

And Cowboys, as previously noted earlier, will try and break their losing streak with their classic whites with silver green britches. Hope we see win #2 for America's Team.

Whaaaaa?? Haven't the Vikings already tortured us enough?

Whaaaaa?? Haven't the Vikings already tortured us enough?

Even though I'm born and raised in MN, I knew there was a reason I hated the Vikings and this is part of it. The all purple is the worst uni in the NFL, and that includes the Bills, the Jets "Titans" throwbacks, and the Cowboys white & silver/green mess.

Though the design of the Vikes' current set is a mess from the neck down, the head-to-toe purple look is my second-favorite look from that set. The white jersey/purple pants combo is the tops for me on a weekly basis.

Teams that dress worse than the Vikings every week: Bills, Jaguars, Cowboys (assuming no navy), Bengals, and 49ers.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The NFL should pass a rule that the only time you can match jersey and pants color is White/White. I challenge anyone who can come up with a non-white monochrome look that more than 50% of the people who visit these forums find acceptable.

The NFL should pass a rule that the only time you can match jersey and pants color is White/White. I challenge anyone who can come up with a non-white monochrome look that more than 50% of the people who visit these forums find acceptable.

While I usually don't favor color mono-jerseys, I'll nominate the Jets' all-green and the Broncos' all-navy. Always though those 2 looked sharp.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

Adrian_Peterson-11.gif

Hell yes. Oh hell :censored:ing yes.

Why is there a purple patch in the middle of the white side panel? Terrible.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

While I usually don't favor color mono-jerseys, I'll nominate the Jets' all-green and the Broncos' all-navy. Always though those 2 looked sharp.

Tampa+Bay+Buccaneers+v+Atlanta+Falcons+FMKrQe683Fpl.jpg

matt-hasselbeck.jpg

Though I will agree with the Vikings having a terrible monochrome look.

Archived