NFL Week 9 Uniform Notes

sportsfan9580

The NFL should pass a rule that the only time you can match jersey and pants color is White/White. I challenge anyone who can come up with a non-white monochrome look that more than 50% of the people who visit these forums find acceptable.

While I usually don't favor color mono-jerseys, I'll nominate the Jets' all-green and the Broncos' all-navy. Always though those 2 looked sharp.

Yep, I don't mind those two either. I don't know what it is about the Vikings all purple that I hate so much. It's just so bad. I actually like Buffalo's solid navy uni better than Minnesota's.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The NFL should pass a rule that the only time you can match jersey and pants color is White/White. I challenge anyone who can come up with a non-white monochrome look that more than 50% of the people who visit these forums find acceptable.

While I usually don't favor color mono-jerseys, I'll nominate the Jets' all-green and the Broncos' all-navy. Always though those 2 looked sharp.

Yep, I don't mind those two either. I don't know what it is about the Vikings all purple that I hate so much. It's just so bad. I actually like Buffalo's solid navy uni better than Minnesota's.

That's the problem w/ monochrome. Of course every monochrome set is going to have its small share of supporters. I suppose at gunpoint I would choose the Bills *gag* or Jets as having the best monochromes, ONLY because they wear contrasting socks and helmet. But even so, I think the MAJORITY of people like us who follow uniforms like color over white or at least contrasting colors. Its what separates the NFL from the Arena League, UFL, XFL etc.

Speaking of monochromes and Week 9, I know that the Bengals will wear black jerseys on MNF, but does anyone have info on what pants they will bust out?

That's the problem w/ monochrome. Of course every monochrome set is going to have its small share of supporters. I suppose at gunpoint I would choose the Bills *gag* or Jets as having the best monochromes, ONLY because they wear contrasting socks and helmet. But even so, I think the MAJORITY of people like us who follow uniforms like color over white or at least contrasting colors. Its what separates the NFL from the Arena League, UFL, XFL etc.

Speaking of monochromes and Week 9, I know that the Bengals will wear black jerseys on MNF, but does anyone have info on what pants they will bust out?

There in lies the problem with your statement. People like us are few and far between, most people don't care if the bills wear contrasting helmet and sock colors. Most of the fans are like "OH YAY!! All blue Bills uniform, cool!!" People like us are a rare breed.

jNTsTyQ.png

Adrian_Peterson-11.gif

Hell yes. Oh hell :censored:ing yes.

Why is there a purple patch in the middle of the white side panel? Terrible.

i think the purple pants are meant to go with the white jersey, that has purple side panels

Exactly, the away jerseys have purple side panels and that is supposed to continue into the pants when the white shows up. However, the Vikings never wear the purple pants anymore so their white/white set is mismatched.

Oh, and I love the purple monochrome for the Vikes. Maybe it'll break them out of their funk.

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

BRING BACK THE PURPLE PANTS!!!

The Vikings will indeed BRING BACK THE PURPLE PANTS this week. However, as it is a home game, they will be pairing them with the home jerseys. That's a whole lotta purple.

I'm pretty sure that's not gonna happen. Last I heard, they don't even physically possess the purple pants anymore. Maybe I'm wrong...

It is happening.

May I ask for your source? I'm not calling you out or anything, I just don't want to be disappointed by a potentially false idea of the return of the purple pants. ^_^

He's not lying. Scroll down to wear it says Monotone Time

I dig the monochrome look for the most part. This should be fun later.

I didn't want to start a separate topic, but Peyton Hillis of the Browns is wearing a facemask much similar to this:

orig_bd-ropo-blk3LRG.jpg

Looks pretty sick, especially for a bulldog of a runner like him.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Yeah cause they're literally made for each other. I hate the Vikings uniforms for this reason. The elements aren't made to mix and match with each other but the players still do. Its not the monochrome that bugs me its that the purple pants were never made to be worn this way.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The purple pants are awesome! I wish they would make this their regular home uniforms. BTW: all of you monochrome haters, this set goes to show you why monochrome on some teams are amazing!

Really? 'Cause I still don't like it. It's made worse when you consider that the purple pants literally were not made to be worn with the purple jerseys.

The purple pants are awesome! I wish they would make this their regular home uniforms. BTW: all of you monochrome haters, this set goes to show you why monochrome on some teams are amazing!

Really? 'Cause I still don't like it. It's made worse when you consider that the purple pants literally were not made to be worn with the purple jerseys.

Can you cite the source that says that these pants do not go with the jersey? Or is that a matter or opinion?

spacer.png

Can you cite the source that says that these pants do not go with the jersey? Or is that a matter or opinion?

It's called looking at the uniform. See how there's that purple bit at the top of the white pants stripe on the purple pants? That was put there to line up with the purple side panels on the white jersey. It was designed, in other words, for the purple pants to only go with the white jerseys. The white pants have a white bit above the purple pants stripe that was meant to line up with the white side panels on the purple jersey. The white pants were designed to only go with the purple jerseys. This is why the white-on-white and purple-on-purple looks don't work. They're using jersey/pants combinations that were not designed to go together.

EDIT- Some visual aids.

This is how the purple pants are suppose to be worn. See how the purple insert at the top of the pants stripe continues the panelling from the jersey?

toine.png

They were not designed to be worn with the purple jerseys, though. See how the purple insert at the top of the pants stripe breaks up the design from the panelling to the pants stripe?

Adrian_Peterson-11.png

Okay, Vikings look sexy today. Liek damn.

Anyone think this would work to fix the side panel issue? Where the logo is on the hip, turn that into a little pocket so that you can insert a piece of fabric or something that's the right color to make the monochrome look flow better. That way you only need two pairs of pants, but can be worn with any jersey.

Archived