NFL Week 9 Uniform Notes

sportsfan9580

I don't get it either. I also wasn't on the design team that invented the wheel, but I can confirm with authority that it is indeed round. That is a fact, which is nearly as indisputable as the fact that the side panels on the jerseys and pants were designed in such a way that mixing and matching was not supposed to be an option.

BBTV is right... please stop arguing about it.

IMO the Vikings can fix the mismatch side panel / hip panel mess with a few moves. First, on the purple jersey, fill in the white section of the side panel with purple, from the armpit down (like New England does), leave the white jersey alone. On the White pants, fill in the white hip panel with purple, leave the purple pants alone. This way, all jersey side panels and pants hip panels match (they're all purple, trimed in gold). Add some white socks with a thin gold- wide purple- thin gold stripe to wear whenever the purple pants are worn, and you have a servicable modern uniform that will still work for a few years. In the long run, though, this unifrom (along with the Cardinals, the Falcon, etc.) are going to look completely dated soon. In ten years, people will see video of a game like that Vikes/Cards game and say "Hey, I remember when teams wore that stuff!". It'll look like sky blue pajama baseball uniforms do now.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Diggin' the Vikes' all-purp. However, the purple pants go much better with their white jerseys.

toine.jpg

All purple is horrible and the road look with purple pants looks much better (while still looking bad). That picture shows why all side panel jerseys are terrible. They don't match up! The jerseys will never, EVER look like they are supposed to. You see here how the loose jersey on this player makes the jersey stripe thinner (it is supposed to stretch to exactly the width of the pants stripe). Also, the jersey is apparently crooked and the stripes are several inches apart. They don't line up, and this is on a skinny player. It looks even worse on fat slob linemen, when the jersey stripe is stretched to be several inches wider than the pant stripe. The Broncos seem to have the biggest problems with that. The stripes just don't match up. Teams need to give up on it.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

About the Colts throwbacks: Who wears throwbacks on the road -- especially when the home team is in their regular gear? I don't get this at all.

Yeah I don't get it either.

The only other time the Colts have ever worn a throwback in the regular season was back in 2004 when they played in Detroit. And that was basically this same uniform with a white helmet/blue horseshoes.

And they wore this blue helmet throwback at San Francisco in the preseason.

The Colts have never worn a home throwback. And honestly, these uniforms are the only ones to throwback to, because they're the only ones with any differences from the current uniforms (screwed up shoulder loops aside).

In my opinion, the Colts just shouldn't do throwbacks. The uniforms have never changed dramatically, and these small changes they can do don't really provide anything truly pleasing aesthetically. Like the back helmet horseshoes? The look like they got bucked in the head by a horse. I don't like it.

I'd like to see what they could do with an alternate jersey with a blue helmet and a normal white horseshoe. I'd like to see that worked out.

Bring back the 80s blue and silver set!

+1 :) Jack Trudeau/Art Schlicter style

And watching the Packers last night, I really wish they'd bring back the extra stripes on the sleeves. They've got plenty of green underneath the current stripes (on most of the jerseys)...add some more color! I'm probably a minority on this, but oh well...and in fact, for a throwback I'd love to see the 80s set with the G on top of the stripes, and number bubbles on the pants.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Step 1: put a white horseshoe logo on the sides of the helmet. What is the point (I know it's a throwback) of having small decals on the back of the helmet?

Step 2: fix the ridiculous pants stripe. The huge blue stripe doesn't fit with the rest of the uniform.

indy1.jpg

indy3.jpg

And I love it when everyone gets involved. Throwback sideline gear is awesome.

indy2.jpg

indy2.jpg

That looks like one of those awkward wrestling hand shakes when one guy goes from being bad to being good, and the good guy has to look around to the crowd to get their approval before accepting his handshake, and then he shakes it with an intense look on his face, because he's still not sure if he can trust the former heel. I'm thinking Savage/Hogan pre wrestlemania 4.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Step 1: put a white horseshoe logo on the sides of the helmet. What is the point (I know it's a throwback) of having small decals on the back of the helmet?

Step 2: fix the ridiculous pants stripe. The huge blue stripe doesn't fit with the rest of the uniform.

indy1.jpg

indy3.jpg

And I love it when everyone gets involved. Throwback sideline gear is awesome.

indy2.jpg

love it! im getting a hat

horseshoes on the back of helmet looks like a colt running away to the end zone to the defense :)

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

the vikes need to modernize the throwbacks a little bit and go back to those full time!

All they need to do is wear the current helmet (the only upgraded part in their whole uniform package) with their throwbacks and they'll be set.

My Opinions are in BOLD

You seem incapable of grasping simple facts about jersey/pants stripe matching. Once you get that down we'll talk.

Archived