NFL Week 9 Uniform Notes

sportsfan9580

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still cannot understand why every week people have to state that the Cowboys will be wearing they're white/silver-green set. That would be like being on a Yankees board and posting every game day "I've heard the Yanks are busting out the pinstripes for the game tonight!" This isn't directed at sportsfan9580 or Buster, but rather that other dude that has to do this week in, week out. I think Dallas should only be noted when they actually roll out the throwbacks.

I still cannot understand why every week people have to state that the Cowboys will be wearing they're white/silver-green set. That would be like being on a Yankees board and posting every game day "I've heard the Yanks are busting out the pinstripes for the game tonight!" This isn't directed at sportsfan9580 or Buster, but rather that other dude that has to do this week in, week out. I think Dallas should only be noted when they actually roll out the throwbacks.

I still cannot understand why every week people get so bent out of shape about it.

I also don't understand how anyone can like that set, with all of the color mismatches and other inconsistencies. I kind of think that liking that set as-is is basically saying that you like something just because it's old or has always been that way. There is no way that a completely objective critic could give that uniform a passing grade.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'm not saying I like it (they just need to match all their blues and get some real silver pants), but I just think it's strange that every week someone has to pop in and say "Cowboys wearing their white jerseys!" That's like someone saying "Penn State is wearing their navy and white uniform!" These are the teams we expect to wear the same thing every week, so we don't need the reminder. Sorry if I'm being a bit off here, but it's just my opinion.

Does anyone know what number Randy Moss will wear with the Titans? They have 84 available, so that would be the obvious answer, but Moss might not go with what people expect.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

I still cannot understand why every week people get so bent out of shape about it.

'Cause the guy who always says it is a jacka$$?

I also don't understand how anyone can like that set, with all of the color mismatches and other inconsistencies. I kind of think that liking that set as-is is basically saying that you like something just because it's old or has always been that way. There is no way that a completely objective critic could give that uniform a passing grade.

I agree. The whole Cowboys uniform set sucks. It needs an overhaul. That still doesn't make dennie's constant trolling any more agreeable though.

It makes his trolling less agreeable. He posts that every week as if everybody likes that set when in reality probably 75% of this board, even the so called "traditionalists", hate the Cowboys home uniforms.

This is a uniform and logo message board and that set has so many problems that people who dissect sports uniforms as a hobby just aren't going to like it. If I purchased the Cowboys from Jerry Jones tomorrow my first move would be to fix the home uniforms. Strike that, I'd fire Wade Phillips first and my second move would be fixing the uniforms.

PvO6ZWJ.png

It makes his trolling less agreeable. He posts that every week as if everybody likes that set when in reality probably 75% of this board, even the so called "traditionalists", hate the Cowboys home uniforms.

This is a uniform and logo message board and that set has so many problems that people who dissect sports uniforms as a hobby just aren't going to like it. If I purchased the Cowboys from Jerry Jones tomorrow my first move would be to fix the home uniforms. Strike that, I'd fire Wade Phillips first and my second move would be fixing the uniforms.

I'm not sure which is more urgent to be honest. Wade Phillips DOES suck, but those green pants are pretty bad too.

The Cowboys will be wearing their MIS-MATCHED blue uniforms this weekend. They have technology to make the uniform colors match, ask the vikings, it took them years, but they finally have a uniform that matches.

spacer.png

wonder if the Eagles will finally break out the green jerseys this week? dont like it when the Colts wear blue on the road. bad luck

The Eagles are in fact wearing green jerseys and white pants on Sunday.

The Cowboys will be wearing their MIS-MATCHED blue uniforms this weekend. They have technology to make the uniform colors match, ask the vikings, it took them years, but they finally have a uniform that matches.

The Vikings finally got their purples to match... then promptly began wearing jerseys and pants that were intentionally designed not to go together.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Bills unis > Cowboys unis

I disagree. The Cowboys unis have potential. Pick a striping pattern, standardize the blues and silvers, and you have something. There's no fixing those Bills uniforms.

agree. also, the cowboys uniform is somewhat of a classic and doesn't have unnecessary side panels

07Giants.pngnyy.png

I disagree. The Cowboys unis have potential. Pick a striping pattern, standardize the blues and silvers, and you have something. There's no fixing those Bills uniforms.

agree. also, the cowboys uniform is somewhat of a classic and doesn't have unnecessary side panels

I agree that the Bills uniform is better than the Cowboys. I know most people hate their uniforms, but I love the home set of the Bills.

spacer.png

I agree that the Bills uniform is better than the Cowboys. I know most people hate their uniforms, but I love the home set of the Bills.

Respectfully disagree. There is probably a way to work with royal, red, nickel and navy together, but not how they've done it. The side panels alone ruin the uniform and that's not the uni's only problem. The striping pattern doesn't even match on the 2 sets of pants. Blue is a trim color on the home but inexplicably the number color on the roads. The helmet striping is ridiculous, the road jersey has navy and roal touching which is a no for me, on and on and on. When you can build a better uniform using Madden 07's uniform creator, it's a bad sign. I don't hate everything but the Cowboys have one problem: they have one really good(though maybe starting to look dated) navy jersey that has pants that match both it and the helmet, and then they have the mess you see every week. But it's one bad jersey, not two. You can fix the Cowboy's set simply by doing what Ice Cap said. For the Bills... good luck.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

That's pretty funny coming from a guy who's default position is "bent out of shape." :P

BB52Big.jpg

Archived