2010-2011 NCAA Basketball Thread

Billy B

Safe to say Alabama state is the worst squad in the tourney. Seriously too many men on the court violation?

You can call that as a violation? What is it, a technical?

Yes, it was a technical

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Safe to say Alabama state is the worst squad in the tourney. Seriously too many men on the court violation?

You can call that as a violation? What is it, a technical?

Yes, it was a technical

Correct. A team cannot have six players on the court while the ball is in play. Someone either did not report for someone or the guy who the sub was reporting onto the floor for also game into the game.

ASU did turn their season around to win their conference tournament, so while I cannot say that they were "the worst" they seemed very ill-prepared. As if getting DVDs on UTSA (or any smaller conference) via FedEx/UPS Sunday overnight or Monday Early AM to Dayton isn't a logistical issue in itself, meanwhile you opponent may have a game or two from MEAC/SWAC/ESPNU agreement at closer disposal to burn into a DVD.

As far as the Turner influence, I am going to assume that McHale/Webber and host will stay NBA only in the next three weeks due to NBATV's need for a host an crew and Webber's NCAA contact ban. However, I actually liked last night with Charles/Jet acting as if it was their NBA studio. Switching hosts with color guys was smart to begin with as it allowed those of us who watch both NCAA and NBA/Turner to get both of them interacting immediately; since times are very staggered, they are going to be talking a lot. That is a major plus.

Sunday was just ESPN hating that they lost the bid and the former coaches friends did not get into the tournament, e.g. Seth Greenberg.

Okay, enough of these ridiculous play-in games. The REAL tournament begins NOW! My favorite sports day of the entire year. :D

I disagree. Thursday/Friday are nice, but Saturday/Sunday are more fun since the better games are played then and afterwards in the Sweet 16.

1st Round Upsets:Bracket fun :: Weekend Games:Better TV watching.

I will take 9/16 weekend round games over 4/32 upsets in round one.

12 Clemson's tied with 5 WVU at the half. :blink:

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12,Β POTD 2/26/17

Β 

I wasn't that high on CBS sharing the coverage with Turner (mainly due to how much I love how CBS handles the first-round games)...

...but having Charles Barkley in studio just about trumps that! I liked his comment about the Temple-Penn State matchup: "Normally I take a nap in the afternoon, but this game will make me want to stay awake."

12 Clemson's tied with 5 WVU at the half. :blink:

Funny i thought the score was 40-40.

Coach Hug must've said something to spark WVU. They were down 9 before they tied it at the half, and are running away from Clemson the second.

6uXNWAo.png

I wasn't that high on CBS sharing the coverage with Turner (mainly due to how much I love how CBS handles the first-round games)...

...but having Charles Barkley in studio just about trumps that! I liked his comment about the Temple-Penn State matchup: "Normally I take a nap in the afternoon, but this game will make me want to stay awake."

Charles and The Jet have made this better TV overall. At least for now, the "NBA on TNT-esque" studio show with all their host is good, but I don't think that they need a current coach. Get a current coach on CBS College Sports so that they do make an inappropriate comment during the crossfire. The fact that they are taking shots at ESPN and the thoughts of their talent has been great.

What's going on with Louisville? What does Pitino have to do to get them back in the game? This isn't looking pretty as they are down by 9

Well remember since his issues with Karen Sypher we know that Pitino likes Morehead.

Butler wins it at the horn! LOVE IT!

Amazing...glad they can keep it going.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,Β Β (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Have to say so far I like the new TV format. You basically go from the end of one game to another no overlap.

Hard to imagine that it took them THIS long to come up with a 4-station format.

6uXNWAo.png

Archived