2010-2011 NCAA Basketball Thread

Billy B

you're at home all alone. Just you, your lotion, a box of tissues, and nothing to "pull" for. Enjoy the rest of the tournament. B)

Except not. I'm about to head over to McKale Center with several thousand other loyal Wildcat fans who are proud of how this season went. We're going to welcome the team home.

Seriously, shut the :censored: up.

Awww...I think it's cute that you're off to meet the team. Don't forget to take them some cookies. Make sure you take your jacket. :rolleyes:

BB52Big.jpg

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Except not. I'm about to head over to McKale Center with several thousand other loyal Wildcat fans who are proud of how this season went. We're going to welcome the team home.

...you say, as if you know the players personally or something. It's these kinds of posts that are why you have a homer reputation on here.

Oh, and Infrared - sorry, man, but I'm afraid you won't get to see Kentucky win the whole thing, because Butler is looking primed for the trophy this year.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

but_74084.jpg

They cut the net in the Elite Eight now?

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

but_74084.jpg

They have for as long as I can remember.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Seriously, shut the :censored: up.

What are you celebrating?

Will that last Zendejas brother also be included too?

...you say, as if you know the players personally or something. It's these kinds of posts that are why you have a homer reputation on here.

Oh, and Infrared - sorry, man, but I'm afraid you won't get to see Kentucky win the whole thing, because Butler is looking primed for the trophy this year.

Playing devil's advocate, you don't actually know if he knows any of the players personally. Going to the same school, it's very possible that he's had a class with or lived in the same building with guys from the team.

This tournament as a whole has been great to watch. Almost all the late round games have been great games, there were early round upsets, and there are still a couple Cinderella teams left this late into it. There's not much more you could ask for as a viewer.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

but_74084.jpg

Like everyone said. This is the regional final, you get a banner for it no matter how the Final Four goes. Seems fitting enough.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

How in the world can you -- of all people -- post that? Every single sports thread on this site is fully of Lights Out posts talking up the Clippers, Boise State Broncos and San Diego Charges or complaining about any winning team, celebrated player, or grand east coast conspiracy.

You're like a hipster of sports fans -- "Ugh, I hate those Lakers. There's this cool team in Idaho. They've had a couple of big wins, but you probably wouldn't get them."

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

All I have to say is...

thank god Florida lost! And if they had to lose to somebody not named UCLA, I'm glad it was Butler. SInce my Bruins have long been out, I couldn't help but to root for Butler so now I'm pulling for them to beat the big-time programs. Wouldn't it be something if Butler met VCU? Has a #8 ever played a #11 in the Final four?

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

you're at home all alone. Just you, your lotion, a box of tissues, and nothing to "pull" for. Enjoy the rest of the tournament. B)

Really? At this school all we have is a bunch of sorority chicks (aka 80% of the female population on campus it feels like) ready to kill the team for not winning a national title even if they're expected to only make the Sweet 16, some guys who would like to forget about the game that knocked out of the tournament, and then some other guys who are moving on to lacrosse season. Don't even get me started on the locals. Suffice to say the only way players are getting a welcome back at the Dome is if they win the whole thing :P

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

The NCAA store seems to be a bit confused...

264923481.png?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1301250655&Signature=tM2f5SUULqRdD%2FbH3%2BYYhtR8u%2B8%3D

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

VCU...um....Jesus.

/Rain death from 3 and nobody can beat you.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

VCU hasn't crashed back down yet. Also, should VCU win, I do not want to hear any comments about how the real national title game is between Connecticut and the winner of Kentucky-North Carolina. But I know I'm going to hear it.

LvZYtbZ.png

Archived