2010-2011 NCAA Basketball Thread

Billy B

It's a regular season ranking, Kevin. JaJuan is way ahead of him in that regard. However, Derrick was amazing in the tournament. And don't give me that east coast BS. It makes sense, theres way more giant metropolitan areas in the east than the west. It makes sense

In the regular season, Derrick (.615) was a much more efficient shooter than JaJuan (not in the top 100 in regular season efficiency so I don't know his percentage), and JaJuan only averaged 1.4 PPG more than Derrick. Don't give me anything about JaJuan being "way ahead" of Derrick.

There's quite a lot more to the game than just scoring. Considering Johnson is primarily a defensive player, averaging 20 points a game is a feat of its own. Don't forget the fact that JaJuan was the Big Ten Defensive Player of The Year. That carries quite a lot of weight in voting, and is tough to measure in only statistics, though 2.3 blocks per game is a damn good indication.

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AJM that is great, my favorite line has to be "thanks to his beautifully coffed hair, he at least looked good doing it." I've always thought his hair was stunning, I mean who hasn't?

Just a piece of free advice junior. You might want to rethink how you're going to phrase that the next time it comes up.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

:censored:ing Butler again? I'd be happy for them if everyone in Indy hadn't become a huge Butler fan so suddenly last night. All Butler fans do is preach about the Butler Way, when 80% of them don't even know what it is. Congrats to those who have been Butler fans since before 2010... I was, but now I've had it with all of the Butler love in Indy.

/mini-rant.

Go VCU!

6fQjS3M.png

First ever Butler-hate post? I guess so.

No kidding. That venom came outta nowhere.

Did I miss something, or is Butler slowly evolving into the Boise State of college hoops? :therock:

6uXNWAo.png

Did I miss something, or is Butler slowly evolving into the Boise State of college hoops? :therock:

They aren't. Butler actually played for the 'ship (and just may again). Boise ain't sniffing it...not now, not ever.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

They aren't. Butler actually played for the 'ship (and just may again). Boise ain't sniffing it...not now, not ever.

That's because basketball's system isn't built to exclude those outside of the "cabal."

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Uh, no, as Butler was allowed to play in the Tournament, whereas football schools like Boise State are held to ridiculous long-term standards of perfection (one loss to a RANKED team gets you bumped down to the Maaco Bowl? Bull :censored:, especially considering UConn's record) and still get worse treatment than the brand-name schools without getting a fair shot at a title.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

:censored:ing Butler again? I'd be happy for them if everyone in Indy hadn't become a huge Butler fan so suddenly last night. All Butler fans do is preach about the Butler Way, when 80% of them don't even know what it is. Congrats to those who have been Butler fans since before 2010... I was, but now I've had it with all of the Butler love in Indy.

/mini-rant.

Go VCU!

It's the only school in town in a state that loves its amateur hoops more than its pros (OK, there is Ooey Pooey, but it's Ooey Pooey.) Yes the good people of Indianapolis are bandwagoning like crazy for them, but I don't blame them. Purdue is snakebit, everyone hates Notre Dame, and Indiana is on a pace to dig out from the Kelvin Sampson rubble by the next decade.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

bill-self-choking-poster.jpg

*cackle* at Step 3.

/Bradley has actually beaten Kansas multiple times in the NCAAs.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Uh, no, as Butler was allowed to play in the Tournament, whereas football schools like Boise State are held to ridiculous long-term standards of perfection (one loss to a RANKED team gets you bumped down to the Maaco Bowl? Bull :censored:, especially considering UConn's record) and still get worse treatment than the brand-name schools without getting a fair shot at a title.

Save it for the fall dude. B)

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

There are rumors out there that Bruce Weber might be taking over as head coach of Oklahoma. Apparently there is "mutual interest" but Weber is saying that there's "no story". One of the sources said Oklahoma wanted to name their head coach tomorrow, so we might not have to wait long to find out if the rumors are true or not.

EDIT: Looks like he's probably going to stay.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

CBS will return to Luther Vandross' version of One Shining Moment.

There is a God.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived