NFL Weekly Uniform Notes

Bmac

Wow. I can't get over all this fawning over the Ravens. Clearly I'm in the minority here but I don't think the look is all that great. Don't get me wrong, it's not awful but I'm just not seeing the "greatness" you all are. To each his own I guess.

A lot of us don't think your opinion of what makes a great uniform in 2010 are all that kosher either.

But, to each his own is right.

Please don't speak for me. 9 times out of 10 infrared's opinions tend to trump your ramblings about what's "cool" these days.

There are more then 2 people that post here, Einstein.

Listen Sparky, you claim that there are "a lot" of people who think just like you. Where are they, exactly? Yeah, there are plenty of people who prefer modern to traditional, but most of them are willing to discuss the manner. All you've shown an interest in doing is trolling, insulting people who like things you dislike. You've shown no desire to actually discuss the matter. You just repeat the same tiring troll bate time and time again.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Listen Sparky, you claim that there are "a lot" of people who think just like you. Where are they, exactly? Yeah, there are plenty of people who prefer modern to traditional, but most of them are willing to discuss the manner. All you've shown an interest in doing is trolling, insulting people who like things you dislike. You've shown no desire to actually discuss the matter. You just repeat the same tiring troll bate time and time again.

I don't speak with morons, who don't "get the bit". And I only insult those, that insult me. Which is why I responded to your personal attack.

Maybe by Week 21 of the NFL season, guys like you will figger it out. But I doubt it.

And just because some uniform dorks here don't "think" like me, doesn't mean squat. Many people here are in the athletic fashion MINORITY in today's world. And that's a fact.

I happen to get a kick out of Infurred's weekly lists. If he would lay off the personal attacks, they'd be even more dope.

Guys, we are talking about uniforms. Its not life and death.

I don't speak with morons, who don't "get the bit". And I only insult those, that insult me. Which is why I responded to your personal attack.

Maybe by Week 21 of the NFL season, guys like you will figger it out. But I doubt it.

SIGGED.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

And I only insult those, that insult me.

b-u-l-l-s-h-!-t

I happen to get a kick out of Infurred's weekly lists. If he would lay off the personal attacks, they'd be even more dope.

Funny you brought that up Dennis. In case you haven't noticed, I have stopped referring to you at all in the weekly list. Calling you out each week was pointless and it wasn't adding anything to the discussion. That said, if your persona here is just a "bit", it's a very convincing "bit."

Did you really use the term "dope?"

BB52Big.jpg

And confuse "figger" (which isn't even a word) with "figure"?

I don't speak with morons, who don't "get the bit".

You know what I think about your "bit"? It's inane. This is a place for people to come together to discuss sports logos and uniforms. Not for a sad, sad person to conceive of an internet "bit" persona to troll the boards with.

And I only insult those, that insult me.

That's a load of crap and you know it.

An other reason why your "bit" is lame. Your persona, that of a hip trash-talker who's "with it," is completely undermined by your piss poor grammar and spelling. I mean "Figger"? Really?

And just because some uniform dorks here don't "think" like me, doesn't mean squat. Many people here are in the athletic fashion MINORITY in today's world. And that's a fact.

I seriously doubt it. Most sports fans do not care about uniforms to the extent we do. If you gathered all the people who are into athletic fashion I would wager that most of them favour more traditional designs.

Again though, it's not the fact that you like modern designs that rubs people here the wrong way. It's the fact that you just post the same trollish material over and over again while refusing to engage in an intelligent discussion on the matter.

Guys, we are talking about uniforms. Its not life and death.

The thing is that most people come here because it's one of, if not the only place, for people with our tastes and obsessions to talk about sports logos and uniforms. We don't like it when our area for discussion is invaded by some chode playing a "bit" who's more interested with trolling the boards rather then actually discussing the logos and uniforms.

No sale for me on the Pack, or the Ravens purple on black.

I think purple stripes on the pants would help that look for me.

Until they fix their silly logo and that horrible number font, what colors the Ravens wear won't make much of a difference.

BB52Big.jpg

Only here do heated discussions form over the topic of athletic uniforms. I would say chill out but I can't actually say that since I'm a bit of a "hothead" at times!

Right now more people favor traditional unis because there are more people who grew up with those than there are people who grew up with modern unis (maself). So in a few years when you guys die (except infrared) everyone will love modern unis! (well duh, TopCat) Well it's past my bedtime so good night everybody.

The Ravens just need to go ahead and put this logo on the helmets.

I'll say straight up I prefer that to the current. I always thought that logo looked "unifinished" due to the large amount on white on the beak. It has ALWAYS looked off to me but I'd take it over the current lady bird.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

Only here do heated discussions form over the topic of athletic uniforms. I would say chill out but I can't actually say that since I'm a bit of a "hothead" at times!

Right now more people favor traditional unis because there are more people who grew up with those than there are people who grew up with modern unis (maself). So in a few years when you guys die (except infrared) everyone will love modern unis! (well duh, TopCat) Well it's past my bedtime so good night everybody.

You assume age is the primary factor in aesthetic tastes. I'm 23 and I prefer traditional looks. Though there are quite a few "modern" looks I like as well (Tampa Bay, Philadelphia, New England, Carolina, St. Louis, Seattle, Tennessee, Houston, Detroit, and Denver).

That made me laugh out loud.

Goodnight Topcat.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

It would look odd to have eyes staring out of the side of the helmet. This is the same reason I don't like the idea of the Bears using the bear head logo like many here suggest. Animal logos should be moving forward, or be a profile.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

It would look odd to have eyes staring out of the side of the helmet. This is the same reason I don't like the idea of the Bears using the bear head logo like many here suggest. Animal logos should be moving forward, or be a profile.

Someone here once suggested that they keep the current logos where they are and put that logo on the front of the helmet above the bumper so it looks like one of those toys where the people in the car are in the profile when you look at the side windows, but are viewing straight when looking at the windshield. I couldn't like that idea less. My ideal Ravens helmet would take the shield secondary from the sleeves, add wings like the original logo and drop those pointy purple stripes on the front.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Someone here once suggested that they keep the current logos where they are and put that logo on the front of the helmet above the bumper so it looks like one of those toys where the people in the car are in the profile when you look at the side windows, but are viewing straight when looking at the windshield. I couldn't like that idea less. My ideal Ravens helmet would take the shield secondary from the sleeves, add wings like the original logo and drop those pointy purple stripes on the front.

God, I hate those stupid stripes. No idea why they bother me as much as they do, they just do.

I'm with you on the shield.

I disagree. They need to put this logo (or some variation of it) on their helmet. As for the black pants, I wouldn't mind the Ravens using those (once in a while) with the purple tops, so long as they put that phat, white stripe on the pants, or double white stripes, like they initially did:

50373668.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=E41C9FE5C4AA0A14598EB813DA5CB59A601F10063A6475BFBF6A0E9D6593D2CEB01E70F2B3269972

1792842.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1939057D9939C83F106833BC052C23DE4D95A5397277B4DC33E

You assume age is the primary factor in aesthetic tastes. I'm 23 and I prefer traditional looks. Though there are quite a few "modern" looks I like as well (Tampa Bay, Philadelphia, New England, Carolina, St. Louis, Seattle, Tennessee, Houston, Detroit, and Denver).

Chiming in for a second (yes, we're still here in Denver...long story): I'm almost 48 and I prefer more modern looks. Growing up, I was always interested in uniform changes, and moving ahead with the times.

That being said, I'm not crazy about some of the extraneous piping and unnecessary graphic elements...I do like the unique number fonts and although I'm in the minority here, I do like the wordmarks underneath the collars.

Archived