NFL playoffs

GriffinM6

If the Packers are America's team, then call me Canadian. I refuse to watch the Super Bowl this year.

Here's how much I hate the stealers: I don't understand (even if you're an NFC north rival fan) how non-stealer fans can root against the Packers in this super bowl. They have a rapist for a quarterback and an idiot on the defensive line. Above all that, they've already done this twice in the last five years. We need the Packers to win this game, though I'm not optimistic.

I said the Packers were america's team because I figure that most football fans around the country are sick of the Steelers and would like to see the packers win instead.

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh this movie again. Not interested. Though, I'd like to congratulate my uncle Mike on making it to the Super Bowl. Go Pack Go.

The Green Bay Packers just became America's team.

I realize there's like a 98% chance you're joking, but are you joking?

haha yeah.

PvO6ZWJ.png

If the Packers are America's team, then call me Canadian. I refuse to watch the Super Bowl this year.

America's team? Stop that noise right now, ugh, the Packers are wisconsin's team, just keep it in your own state, don't hurt your neck trying to s-...I'll leave that one alone. But, yeah, not watching the superbowl either. No interest, just hoping Steelers crush Pack.

If only you could stop being bitter about your team choking away the biggest game of a 90-year rivalry you may have noticed that the person who made the America's Team quip is neither a Packers fan nor from Wisconsin and was referring to Steeler-hate driving people to the Packers by default more than anything.

(I tried to be a gracious winner, but your sour grapes are reaching Bostonian levels, my guy :D)

Does Canada get a say in the matter? :P

Seriously, where are the Jets fans? I thought the bravado was too thick to be silenced by one little loss. Ah, I know, they are all consoling the weepy eyed,fat asshat douchenozzle of a coach they have.

I say this as someone who's never considered himself a Jets fan.

You're a dick, and you're only adding to the sore loser reputation owned by Patriots fans on these forums a week ago.

I know I'm a dick. I'm a Patriots fan. I just wanted to know why it's okay for the Jets to talk :censored: when they win and then clam up when they lose.

That's all.

Because that's how sports fandom works?

No, it just seemed to be a crime to be a Boston sports fan. All Boston sports fans were labelled as whiny douches when celebrating their teams victories and complaining about the losses.

So, for some reason, it was ok to be that way for your sports team, as long as it wasn't the Red Sox, Celtics or Patriots.

If your team is headed by a loudmouth jerk, and the news is filled with members of that team throwing their cocky attitude around and threatening other players, then your fandom makes you an a-hole by association. Especially all the bandwagoners.

That's the perception of a Boston sports fan by the rest of the country. So it has to apply to other cities as well.

So there. Suck it. Have a fun winter, Jets fans.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Seriously, where are the Jets fans? I thought the bravado was too thick to be silenced by one little loss. Ah, I know, they are all consoling the weepy eyed,fat asshat douchenozzle of a coach they have.

You're a dick, and you're only adding to the sore loser reputation owned by Patriots fans on these forums a week ago.

I know I'm a dick. I'm a Patriots fan. I just wanted to know why it's okay for the Jets to talk :censored: when they win and then clam up when they lose.

That's all.

Exactly. That means I have to take it when The Patriots lose and I have to dish it out to the jets fans when they do.Using your logic, all sports fans are dicks.Just for full disclosure, I hate the Steelers and the Packers. I just hate the jets more.

America's team? Stop that noise right now, ugh, the Packers are wisconsin's team, just keep it in your own state, don't hurt your neck trying to s-...I'll leave that one alone. But, yeah, not watching the superbowl either. No interest, just hoping Steelers crush Pack.

If only you could stop being bitter about your team choking away the biggest game of a 90-year rivalry you may have noticed that the person who made the America's Team quip is neither a Packers fan nor from Wisconsin and was referring to Steeler-hate driving people to the Packers by default more than anything.

(I tried to be a gracious winner, but your sour grapes are reaching Bostonian levels, my guy :D)

Not your fault, I'm just finding out I have a ton of facebook friends who are all of a sudden Packer fans and their lack of dignity is insulting/rage-fueling. I should drink a Boston Lager!

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

That's all.

No, it just seemed to be a crime to be a Boston sports fan. All Boston sports fans were labelled as whiny douches when celebrating their teams victories and complaining about the losses.

So, for some reason, it was ok to be that way for your sports team, as long as it wasn't the Red Sox, Celtics or Patriots.

If your team is headed by a loudmouth jerk, and the news is filled with members of that team throwing their cocky attitude around and threatening other players, then your fandom makes you an a-hole by association. Especially all the bandwagoners.

That's the perception of a Boston sports fan by the rest of the country. So it has to apply to other cities as well.

So there. Suck it. Have a fun winter, Jets fans.

I've also noticed that here, but to be honest, most sports forums - and I've been to a lot typically hate Boston and Philadelphia to begin with. Beyond the sports franchises or the fans, it's usually a pathetic excuse to hate on people from that area. Though it does make it that much sweeter when Boston teams win.

Overall though, I'll be rooting for the Packers to beat the Steelers. My hope, and I know it's a stretch, would be for the game to be officiated well like Super Bowl XLI and XLIV were, when they simply let the teams play and there's no strange crap going on with the clock.

However, I'm not going to pile on here, although I know it would be easy to do. Good luck next year, Jets and Bears.

Rex-reacts-to-loss.gif

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Rex-reacts-to-loss.gif

Stop tempting me to make that my avatar, Kevin.

Nah, I like my current one too much to mess with it.

I will say this in defense of Rex Ryan... did I just say that? I do give him credit for doing what he has done with the Jets, and how much he fights for and believes in his guys. Personally, I prefer a Bill Belichick or Mike McCarthy, but Mike Tomlin and Rex Ryan are coaches I could easily and understandably see a player fighting for.

If we can get away from the hatefest for five seconds and get back to the games...

Something's been bugging me all year. Why, why, why don't more teams that are down by 1 possession (especially in the 4-8 pt range) attempt the onside inside of 4 minutes left after a score? Forget trusting your defense, timeouts, and field position-if the opponent gets the ball in that situation and gets 1 first down (whether they started on your 45 or inside their 20), your team is :censored: ed. And even if you pull the 3 and out after the kick, at best all of your timeouts and 30 seconds will be gone, at worst it will be no timeouts and a minute or 2 gone.

Now, I don't have the stats in front of me, but I have to figure the chances of pulling off the onside are better than the chances of holding your opponent to a 3 and Out after a big kick. It seems to me from a game theory perspective you're better off trying to pull off the onside rather than relying on your defense.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

If we can get away from the hatefest for five seconds and get back to the games...

Something's been bugging me all year. Why, why, why don't more teams that are down by 1 possession (especially in the 4-8 pt range) attempt the onside inside of 4 minutes left after a score? Forget trusting your defense, timeouts, and field position-if the opponent gets the ball in that situation and gets 1 first down (whether they started on your 45 or inside their 20), your team is :censored: ed. And even if you pull the 3 and out after the kick, at best all of your timeouts and 30 seconds will be gone, at worst it will be no timeouts and a minute or 2 gone.

Now, I don't have the stats in front of me, but I have to figure the chances of pulling off the onside are better than the chances of holding your opponent to a 3 and Out after a big kick. It seems to me from a game theory perspective you're better off trying to pull off the onside rather than relying on your defense.

I'm not sure either. You would think with what the Saints did the year before that more teams would try to onside kick it. The only thing that comes to my mind is that maybe the coaches think that the other team thinks they will do just that and they're already prepared for such a scenario. I would imagine in this case though, one would think the Jets defense could hold the Steelers to a 3 and out... if you're the Patriots, Colts, or Lions though, I don't understand it.

I'm not sure either. You would think with what the Saints did the year before that more teams would try to onside kick it. The only thing that comes to my mind is that maybe the coaches think that the other team thinks they will do just that and they're already prepared for such a scenario. I would imagine in this case though, one would think the Jets defense could hold the Steelers to a 3 and out... if you're the Patriots, Colts, or Lions though, I don't understand it.

But even assuming the Jets hold (and they don't surrender the huge return) they're probably going to get the ball back at their own 40 with roughly 2:30 left, no timeouts, and they need to score a TD. And the Jets offense hasn't exactly demonstrated a quick strike ability in the 4th quarter. I just think that regardless of how good your defense is, you're better off attempting the onside.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Rex-reacts-to-loss.gif

Nah, I like my current one too much to mess with it.

I will say this in defense of Rex Ryan... did I just say that? I do give him credit for doing what he has done with the Jets, and how much he fights for and believes in his guys. Personally, I prefer a Bill Belichick or Mike McCarthy, but Mike Tomlin and Rex Ryan are coaches I could easily and understandably see a player fighting for.

Stop stealing my idea for next year's Rex Ryan loss avatar. As long as I can find a gif of him running towards the end zone as the win avatar. And there's no lockout ^_^

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Right here. What did you want to know? You wanna hear us Jets fans turn on our team and talk about how poorly they played in the first half? Yeah, they played like sh1t. I don't put any of that on that "Coach Asshat Douchenozzle". He's the reason the Jets even made it as far as they did. For whatever reason, the players decided they needed 30 minutes to wake the hell up and realize they were in the MOTHERF-CKING AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME. The Jets scored the last 19 points of the game, but too little, too late, I suppose.

6uXNWAo.png

But even assuming the Jets hold (and they don't surrender the huge return) they're probably going to get the ball back at their own 40 with roughly 2:30 left, no timeouts, and they need to score a TD. And the Jets offense hasn't exactly demonstrated a quick strike ability in the 4th quarter. I just think that regardless of how good your defense is, you're better off attempting the onside.

I know what you're saying about their offense overall, but this team is coached by Rex Ryan and their defense has a lot of swagger, so perhaps that played a part in his decision. So all in all, I can understand why Rex Ryan chose to not onside kick it. Personally, I would've too, and if I had a team that didn't have the defense of the Jets/Steelers/Ravens/and maybe the Packers I'd consider an onside kick everytime in that situation.

Archived