NFL playoffs

GriffinM6

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Completely unrelated to Jets/Steelers, but I just remembered something. Remember when Jay Cutler called out Philip Rivers for "the way he carries himself on the field"?

Well, let's compare:

2007 AFC Championship Game - Hobbled by a torn ligament in his knee, Philip Rivers still plays against the 18-0 Patriots. Despite his bad injury and the lack of LT, he still manages to throw for 211 yards against an 17-0 Patriots team that quite frankly, should have absolutely demolished the Chargers. The game was remarkably close (21-12) considering Rivers' injury and how unstoppable the Patriots were that year (until the Super Bowl).

2011 NFC Championship Game - A completely healthy Jay Cutler takes the field against the 10-6 wildcard Packers. He lays an egg during the first half, putting up a whopping 80 yards passing and a miserable 31.8 QB rating, and then has a mysterious "knee injury" that requires him to be pulled from the game. Obviously it wasn't too serious as he was shown standing up on the sidelines later in the game. Third-string quarterback Caleb Hanie embarrasses him by almost pulling out the victory for the Bears.

Who carries themselves better on the field? I'd say Rivers by a country mile.

You can't say anything about Cutler not being tough, because he might actually have had something serious and didn't want to risk it.

07Giants.pngnyy.png

Completely unrelated to Jets/Steelers, but I just remembered something. Remember when Jay Cutler called out Philip Rivers for "the way he carries himself on the field"?

Well, let's compare:

2007 AFC Championship Game - Hobbled by a torn ligament in his knee, Philip Rivers still plays against the 18-0 Patriots. Despite his bad injury and the lack of LT, he still manages to throw for 211 yards against an 17-0 Patriots team that quite frankly, should have absolutely demolished the Chargers. The game was remarkably close (21-12) considering Rivers' injury and how unstoppable the Patriots were that year (until the Super Bowl).

2011 NFC Championship Game - A completely healthy Jay Cutler takes the field against the 10-6 wildcard Packers. He lays an egg during the first half, putting up a whopping 80 yards passing and a miserable 31.8 QB rating, and then has a mysterious "knee injury" that requires him to be pulled from the game. Obviously it wasn't too serious as he was shown standing up on the sidelines later in the game. Third-string quarterback Caleb Hanie embarrasses him by almost pulling out the victory for the Bears.

Who carries themselves better on the field? I'd say Rivers by a country mile.

You can't say anything about Cutler not being tough, because he might actually have had something serious and didn't want to risk it.

Apparently, Chicago fans are burning Cutler's jersey interestingly enough.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

From Jay Feely (yes that Jay Feely) on twitter:

"Imagine a World Series with Pittsburgh Pirates vs Milwaukee Brewers, it would get no ratings. In NFL it's a classic match!"

Funny because it's completely true.

(Even if he forgot the Pirates/Brewers are in the same league, hell same division. But in the old days it would have worked)

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Thanks to this past week in football and college hoops, the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania is dead to me

That being said I'm far less disappointed at the conclusion of this game than I was at halftime. The Jets didn't quit and gave the Steelers a game at the end. It all came down to that lousy 1st half. All in all, another good season and I can't complain about going to another AFC Championship Game (we're not at Eagles conference championship syndrome just yet)

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

And now that the final gun has sounded, we can now break out the familiar swan song:

JUST END THE SEASON.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Oh--and can someone check on Cujo's pulse?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Ugh, I hate the Steelers.

Ugh, I hate the Packers.

Go.......E-Trade baby!

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Archived