NFL playoffs

GriffinM6

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sprains are tears. Why not call it a tear?

To justify the media's bashing of Cutler?

Pretty much. Just calling it a sprain was a big whoopsie. You say it's a torn ligament, and Joe Meatball knows it's bad. You say it's a sprain, and Joe Meatball thinks about the time he rolled his ankle during backyard Wiffleball when he was 9. He then doesn't listen to anything else, knowing he was right about this no-good pantywaist the whole time, he goes to nflshop.com and drops $100 on a customized " :censored: LER" jersey, which he then sets on fire.

My wife had a Grade 3 sprain on her ankle this past summer. It was agonizing for her, and the doctor said she would have actually been better off breaking it. But without those sorts of details, the football fan brain defaults to "sprain = minor," and makes incorrect conclusions accordingly.

steve dahl of disco demolition fame posted on facebook cutler needs a pap smear not a mri

I say this as someone who works in Chicago radio: :censored: that fat, irrelevant, unemployed, Drew-Peterson-enabling, hasn't-been-funny-since-he-quit-the-sauce piece of :censored: . :censored: him right in his doughy, smirky face.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

steve dahl of disco demolition fame posted on facebook cutler needs a pap smear not a mri

Sad, sad Steve Dahl... poor guy has been struggling to stay relevant ever since he became the type of DJ he used to make fun of.

Sprains are tears. Why not call it a tear?

To justify the media's bashing of Cutler?

Lovie Smith himself called it a sprain. Why would he justify the media's bashing of his quarterback? God, this team.

Steve Dahl talks to himself in his basement. Nobody cares what Steve Dahl thinks.

β™« oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is goneΒ β™«

About this post...

Completely unrelated to Jets/Steelers, but I just remembered something. Remember when Jay Cutler called out Philip Rivers for "the way he carries himself on the field"?

Well, let's compare:

2007 AFC Championship Game - Hobbled by a torn ligament in his knee, Philip Rivers still plays against the 18-0 Patriots. Despite his bad injury and the lack of LT, he still manages to throw for 211 yards against an 17-0 Patriots team that quite frankly, should have absolutely demolished the Chargers. The game was remarkably close (21-12) considering Rivers' injury and how unstoppable the Patriots were that year (until the Super Bowl).

2011 NFC Championship Game - A completely healthy Jay Cutler takes the field against the 10-6 wildcard Packers. He lays an egg during the first half, putting up a whopping 80 yards passing and a miserable 31.8 QB rating, and then has a mysterious "knee injury" that requires him to be pulled from the game. Obviously it wasn't too serious as he was shown standing up on the sidelines later in the game. Third-string quarterback Caleb Hanie embarrasses him by almost pulling out the victory for the Bears.

Who carries themselves better on the field? I'd say Rivers by a country mile.

...my foot is now firmly implanted in my mouth, because I was wrong. From the sound of things, Cutler was indeed seriously hurt, too hurt to play. That being said, I can understand Bears fans' frustration at how detached he looked on the sideline, because that did not exactly paint him in a good light.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

So, did Cutler tear his MCL running out of the tunnell before the game? If not, what's his excuse for completely sucking before the injury? Before he got hurt, there were a TON of times where he had a wide open receiver and pretty much threw the ball into the fourth row. The MCL tear explains why he left, and shows that he didn't just pull a Colt McCoy, which is what I thought was happening. But it still doesn't excuse him from playing like a backup JV quarterback to that point.

Yeah, he was having an embarrassing game, but this is the guy who lead an abysmal set of O-lineman and receivers to the NFC Championship Game. He was the reason they won many of their most important games this year. I had complete confidence in him, no matter how bad his first half was. I do find it interesting that his first half performance is not what's getting criticism, though.

Also, Sodboy hit everything on the nose. Sadly, it takes way too much shut the dumb, butthurt fans up

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Todd Collins, Backup Quarterback was a terrible move. Cutler vetoed the signing of Marc Bulger, and then Angelo not only did no better than a guy who was all but retired but then put him ahead of Caleb Hanie, who sucks, but at least doesn't totally suck. What the hell. Bears are dumb.

Cutler was afraid a shell-shocked emotionally dead Bulger would take his job.

Oh my...

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Cutler isn't a wuss, just a massive head case and a mediocre-at-best QB who was spoiled in his playoff debut by facing a crappy team with a losing record. When he couldn't get it done in the first half against a team that actually belongs in the postseason, I wouldn't have blamed Lovie for benching him at least for a series or two, with or without the injury.

CCSLC signature.png

Pretty much. Just calling it a sprain was a big whoopsie. You say it's a torn ligament, and Joe Meatball knows it's bad. You say it's a sprain, and Joe Meatball thinks about the time he rolled his ankle during backyard Wiffleball when he was 9. He then doesn't listen to anything else, knowing he was right about this no-good pantywaist the whole time, he goes to nflshop.com and drops $100 on a customized " :censored: LER" jersey, which he then sets on fire.

Pretty sure you mean on SuperChineseNFLJerseyForReal.com, right?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Pretty sure you mean on SuperChineseNFLJerseyForReal.com, right?

Unless the counterfeiters are adding an "N" in the middle of Jay's last name, probably not.

But, you know, I hear they're the supplier for Mitchell & Ness and they just sell their surplus stock as a side business, so it's gotta be legit.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Cutler isn't a wuss, just a massive head case and a mediocre-at-best QB

A mediocre at best quarterback who willed the likes of Johnny Knox, Greg Olsen, Earl Bennett, and Devin Aromashodu to a division title behind the likes of Frank Omiyale, Chris Williams, and the dessicated, snap-fumbling remains of Olin Kreutz. You've placed "mediocre at best" on the wrong side of things.

Cutler isn't mediocre. He's good. He's just inconsistent as hell. Can't blame that on the Bears' offensive line or receivers...or Lovie Smith, for that matter.

This was his first winning season in what, 8 years?

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Β 

Cutler isn't mediocre. He's good. He's just inconsistent as hell. Can't blame that on the Bears' offensive line or receivers...or Lovie Smith, for that matter.

Let's go back to the beginning of the season. No one had the Bears doing anything. The Bears weren't even considered a playoff team. It was all about the Vikings and Packers in the NFC North. Cutler was just another in a long line of QB failures for the Bears. Flash forward to today. The Bears just lost in the NFC title game that no one thought they'd get to. People are ripping Cutler left and right. A lot of Bears fans are acting like their 17-0 team just got beat in a huge upset.

Love him or hate him, Jay Cutler just quarterbacked a team within one game of the Super Bowl. A team I might add that everyone saw as a .500 team at best at the beginning of the season. Can someone explain to me again why Cutler is so awful?

Β 

BB52Big.jpg

Β 

Β 

Β 

Let's go back to the beginning of the season. No one had the Bears doing anything. The Bears weren't even considered a playoff team. It was all about the Vikings and Packers in the NFC North. Cutler was just another in a long line of QB failures for the Bears. Flash forward to today. The Bears just lost in the NFC title game that no one thought they'd get to. People are ripping Cutler left and right. A lot of Bears fans are acting like their 17-0 team just got beat in a huge upset.

Love him or hate him, Jay Cutler just quarterbacked a team within one game of the Super Bowl. A team I might add that everyone saw as a .500 team at best at the beginning of the season. Can someone explain to me again why Cutler is so awful?

Because "The Code" requires you to continue playing while hurt even when that hinders your team's chances of victory. "The Code" is stupid, by the way.

Although getting back to the "head case" allegation, a QB with a good self-image of himself probably wouldn't be paranoid about Marc Bulger taking the starting spot from him.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

That Bulger thing was a load of crap. A head coach and general manager cannot allow their quarterback--at least not this one--to veto the signing of a backup. The correct response to Cutler saying "I want us all to learn the Martz offense at the same time" is "blow it out your ass, I'm not signing Todd Collins." Alas.

You know why...haters gon' hate. :P

To be perfectly honest, I was waiting for someone to make the Favruh connection--because in my opinion, the guy plays almost exactly like the ol' gunslinger. NO kind of fundamentals whatsoever, relying way too much on that missile launcher he calls a right arm which can lead to rushed or errant throws--but hey, he might just be having fun out there...playing the game like it was meant to be played! And not to mention he's doing all while dealing with diabetes. He's tough, I tell ya!

(Oh--except that he hasn't really won anything yet, so no one really cares. Does make you wonder, though, if the Bears ever do win a Super Bowl w/ Cutler at the helm.........)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || BehanceΒ ||

So, did Cutler tear his MCL running out of the tunnell before the game? If not, what's his excuse for completely sucking before the injury? Before he got hurt, there were a TON of times where he had a wide open receiver and pretty much threw the ball into the fourth row. The MCL tear explains why he left, and shows that he didn't just pull a Colt McCoy, which is what I thought was happening. But it still doesn't excuse him from playing like a backup JV quarterback to that point.

Cutler certainly wasn't good in the first half, but in his defense, one of the "overthrows" on a would-be touchdown was because Devin Hester, as Bears receivers have a tendency to do, cut off his route early.

As for the full story, one of the Bears' sideline reporters gave it last night. Cutler hurt his knee around the 4 minute mark in the 2nd quarter. Right afterwards we saw Todd Collins warming up. The team docs wanted to sit Cutler a series while they evaluated him, but he went back out for the next series after Briggs' interception. Cutler's pick a few passes later was underthrown, in part because his left knee was torn up and he was throwing off his back foot. Johnny Knox still could have acted like an NFL receiver and made an effort to catch the pass or at least knock it away from the defender, but that ain't how he rolls. Cutler went into the lockerroom right after that pick, before halftime. His knee was evaluated by the docs, who told him he couldn't play on it. Cutler then went back out in the third. After a few short hopped passes, the coaches ruled he couldn't play since he couldn't plant his left leg. For the people criticizing him for standing on the sidelines, there is a difference between standing on the leg and running around/throwing off of it.

Although Fox selectively showed Cutler looking like he wasn't paying attention, he talked to both Collins and Hanie during the game, gave them advise on the defense the Packers were playing, and looked over photos with them. He wasn't sitting in the corner pouting the whole game.

Cutler was afraid a shell-shocked emotionally dead Bulger would take his job.

Oh my...

I never heard that Cutler vetoed the Bulger signing. The Bears wanted to sign him, but he was requesting $6 million at the time to be the backup. They decided to go in a different, horrible direction.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived