Oregon Ducks save the best for last

dolfan13

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're all insane. These are awful. Go Tigers.

QFT

:puke:

Yeah, I'm not seeing it. I know I'm just gonna get the "yr old-fashioned, dude!!!!" comments but this just looks bland and washed out from all TV shots except the close-ups. And, though I don't like to admit it, a few of the Ducks' looks (you know... the green and yellow ones?) have been growing on me.

But this? I guess it looked good in photoshop, but from 90% of the TV game angles? Those colors blow.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I completely agree with oldschool. They looked okay in Photoshop, but actually on my HDTV they didn't look as sharp as I thought they might, not to mention that most of the game and angles ESPN presented us with, didn't make the uniform pop at all. It was a nice try, but mostly their ensemble seemed faded or washed-out.

I completely agree with oldschool. They looked okay in Photoshop, but actually on my HDTV they didn't look as sharp as I thought they might, not to mention that most of the game and angles ESPN presented us with, didn't make the uniform pop at all. It was a nice try, but mostly their ensemble seemed faded or washed-out.

I disagree...I thought they looked really sharp on TV. really futuristic...the game was almost fun to watch bc of the uniforms alone.

under my definitions, if the uniforms are half the aesthetics of the broadcast...the uniforms win (not score wise...obviously!)

There is a reason classic looks are classic and so-called modern looks look stupid after time passes. Think about classic architecture versus some of the crap built in the 50's through the 70's that tried to look modern. Or how about the new funky fresh clothes you wore back in the 80's or 90's that you would not be caught dead in now. Too many new and innovative looks fail. Not to be too much of an old fuddy-duddy but Oregon's unis have been a disaster since going to this Nike carnival of horrors.

You know, say what you will about America. Thirteen bucks still gets you a hell of a load of mice.

I don't get how this was saving the best for last. I mean, these uniforms were horrible, IMO. There were a few uniforms which were actually nice other than the fact that they contained colors that weren't Oregons (I liked the green jerseys with gray pants and helmets in particular). Not only were these uniforms not nicer than the previous ones, they didn't even have an "Oh my God, I can't believe they wore that!" factor. At least if they came out in something so garish that we had to see it to believe it, I could see how that would be considered the best of all by the modern people. But other than the highlighter socks and number outlines, these looked just like the other stuff Oregon has worn this year. I am actually surprised Nike didn't do more.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

If I'm spending a grand on a suit, then I'm going to get something classic that I can (weight fluctuations aside) wear for a long time.

For every-day casual wear that I know I'll replace every year or two, why not get what looks good to me now? I don't really care if it's dated 10 years from now, because I won't be wearing it. I don't think that having a contemporary (or even "out there") look is bad just because it gets stale - as long as the team can update enough to where that doesn't happen. Oregon can and does.

I accept the argument about building a brand and wanting to be identified with a consistent look over time. I get that. However it doesn't work for everybody, and I think that all of this uni experimenting has actually become Oregon's brand.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

If I'm spending a grand on a suit, then I'm going to get something classic that I can (weight fluctuations aside) wear for a long time.

For every-day casual wear that I know I'll replace every year or two, why not get what looks good to me now? I don't really care if it's dated 10 years from now, because I won't be wearing it. I don't think that having a contemporary (or even "out there") look is bad just because it gets stale - as long as the team can update enough to where that doesn't happen. Oregon can and does.

I accept the argument about building a brand and wanting to be identified with a consistent look over time. I get that. However it doesn't work for everybody, and I think that all of this uni experimenting has actually become Oregon's brand.

very well put. my thoughts exactly

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

All well and good. If we're equating uniforms with non-sports related clothing, then you have to ask "is the National Championship game the time and place to wear a suit or everyday wear?"

You can't say that the lack of a brand is a brand. You can't replace something with nothing and call it something.

The tragic thing? Oregon, this year, is as close as they've been in a long time to having a look that's not only unique, but also good. The wings on the shoulders are unique, but not over the top stupid (like the diamond platting). When they stick with green or yellow helmets, green or yellow pants, and green and white (with the green numbers) jerseys they look good. Not great, but good. Certainly better then some other modern looks out there.

It's when they insist on white and grey pants, grey and white helmets, black and white (with grey numbers) jerseys, and an entire set that is completely devoid of any school colours in favour of highlighter yellow that they look like crap.

Archived