New Marlins Uniforms?

xTr1pleXx

Even LeBron is down with the proper Marlins look:

LeBron-at-Nike-LeBron-8-South-Beach-Release-4.jpg

Hate to break it to you, but the only reason he is down with the look is because of his shoes. Not his Marlins' preference.

But those are a special edition Marlins version of his shoes though.

It's the "South Beach" colorway of the Lebron 8's. Not a "Marlins version"

2ry0jsl.jpg

Fast. Hard. Finish.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was doing a Google search and came across this:

fittedhawaii_custom712.jpg

from http://www.marlinsdiehards.com/2009/06/miami-marlins-uniform-design-idea.html

While doing a Google image search for a Marlins-Orioles photo for a previous post, I stumbled across this photo of a Marlins hat made by Fitted Hawaii on the Strictly Fitteds blog. The hat, it appears, is no longer for sale on Fitted Hawaii's site (unfortunately), but it offers an interesting possibility for the Marlins' new uniforms when the team begins play in their new stadium (whereupon they will be known as the Miami Marlins).

The hat uses the template for the current batting-practice cap, but instead of the teal, silver, and black color scheme used now, this hat uses an orange and green scheme that is used by the University of Miami's athletic program. I always liked the orange and green combination (not just because I'm a fan of the U). As far as I can tell, Miami and Florida A&M University are the only major athletic teams to use the combination. The Marlins could make an interesting statement with these colors while also ditching the color teal, which has become an overused color choice in modern sports.

The major problem with these colors is that they do not resemble the colors found on an actual Marlin. Of course, teal and black don't necessarily match either, but they are a bit closer than orange and green. Additionally, there are plenty of examples of teams with animal mascots whose colors do not quite match up with that animal's colors (for instance, the Rays, Diamondbacks, Detroit Lions, and Atlanta Falcons, among others). So at the very least, while an orange and green Marlins uniform might not be entirely logical, it at least would be pretty original (for a baseball team, at least).

UPDATE: I recently discovered that this color scheme would also match the colors on the City of Miami flag. Check it out below, the more I think about this design, the more I like it.

209px-Miami_Florida_city_flag.svg.png

Sorry to bump this old subject back up to the top(especially on my first post on CCSLC).

The logo above is the logo currently used by the Marlins for Spring Training. I imagine its possible that this could be the new logo, which would be a nice choice for a cap logo. The color combo is also possible, although the picture is not what its ultimately going to look like.

The Marlins WILL NOT be the colors of the new stadium logo. That would be worse than the Twins' Dairy Queen unis. I'm sure they will not be sporting the "rainbow" look. The new stadium logo consists of the "colors of the new stadium", but that doesn't mean at all that the team has to take those colors. Also, as far as seats colors are concerned, there are plenty of parks I've been to where the color of the seats do not reflect the home team. I could see the Marlins turning to a "blue-navy" type color, as long as its not exactly the same as the Yankees.

Orange is a huge possibility as a primary color. Yes, this would be the same as the O's and Giants, but if there is a color change what color could they possibly go to that wouldn't resemble an existing color combo?

But after all of that, they should bring back the TEAL in full force. I loved the all-teal hats, the teal pinstripe vest with teal undershirt, teal belts and socks....But there was something about those helmets that left a vomit taste in my mouth. I'd be very happy with the color combo when the all-black hats were first introduced. Black became dominate, but teal was still existant(which it is not on the current unis).

Hate to say it, but almost everything written here is wrong. Brace yourself for what you're going to see on November 11.

Man that sounds like an "end of times" warning. Are the new unis THAT bad?

Has anyone actually gone anti-team when they change logos/colors? I mean like totally ditching them and rooting for someone else. I hope these logos/colors/jerseys aren't that bad as to turn off a fan base.

tn_CoorsDog.jpgSharks_signature.jpgtn_five_hole_design_logo_copy.jpg

Has anyone actually gone anti-team when they change logos/colors? I mean like totally ditching them and rooting for someone else. I hope these logos/colors/jerseys aren't that bad as to turn off a fan base.

Not for my favorite teams, but certainly for teams I have a slight secondary rooting interest for. I loved the Phoenix Suns and Buffalo Bills in the '90s, but their horrible 2000's uniforms killed off whatever interest I had in the teams. Same with the Titans since they started wearing only monochrome crap at home.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I was doing a Google search and came across this:

fittedhawaii_custom712.jpg

from http://www.marlinsdiehards.com/2009/06/miami-marlins-uniform-design-idea.html

While doing a Google image search for a Marlins-Orioles photo for a previous post, I stumbled across this photo of a Marlins hat made by Fitted Hawaii on the Strictly Fitteds blog. The hat, it appears, is no longer for sale on Fitted Hawaii's site (unfortunately), but it offers an interesting possibility for the Marlins' new uniforms when the team begins play in their new stadium (whereupon they will be known as the Miami Marlins).

The hat uses the template for the current batting-practice cap, but instead of the teal, silver, and black color scheme used now, this hat uses an orange and green scheme that is used by the University of Miami's athletic program. I always liked the orange and green combination (not just because I'm a fan of the U). As far as I can tell, Miami and Florida A&M University are the only major athletic teams to use the combination. The Marlins could make an interesting statement with these colors while also ditching the color teal, which has become an overused color choice in modern sports.

The major problem with these colors is that they do not resemble the colors found on an actual Marlin. Of course, teal and black don't necessarily match either, but they are a bit closer than orange and green. Additionally, there are plenty of examples of teams with animal mascots whose colors do not quite match up with that animal's colors (for instance, the Rays, Diamondbacks, Detroit Lions, and Atlanta Falcons, among others). So at the very least, while an orange and green Marlins uniform might not be entirely logical, it at least would be pretty original (for a baseball team, at least).

UPDATE: I recently discovered that this color scheme would also match the colors on the City of Miami flag. Check it out below, the more I think about this design, the more I like it.

209px-Miami_Florida_city_flag.svg.png

Sorry to bump this old subject back up to the top(especially on my first post on CCSLC).

The logo above is the logo currently used by the Marlins for Spring Training. I imagine its possible that this could be the new logo, which would be a nice choice for a cap logo. The color combo is also possible, although the picture is not what its ultimately going to look like.

The Marlins WILL NOT be the colors of the new stadium logo. That would be worse than the Twins' Dairy Queen unis. I'm sure they will not be sporting the "rainbow" look. The new stadium logo consists of the "colors of the new stadium", but that doesn't mean at all that the team has to take those colors. Also, as far as seats colors are concerned, there are plenty of parks I've been to where the color of the seats do not reflect the home team. I could see the Marlins turning to a "blue-navy" type color, as long as its not exactly the same as the Yankees.

Orange is a huge possibility as a primary color. Yes, this would be the same as the O's and Giants, but if there is a color change what color could they possibly go to that wouldn't resemble an existing color combo?

But after all of that, they should bring back the TEAL in full force. I loved the all-teal hats, the teal pinstripe vest with teal undershirt, teal belts and socks....But there was something about those helmets that left a vomit taste in my mouth. I'd be very happy with the color combo when the all-black hats were first introduced. Black became dominate, but teal was still existant(which it is not on the current unis).

Hate to say it, but almost everything written here is wrong. Brace yourself for what you're going to see on November 11.

Seeing that most of it is opinion and speculation I would say there's nothing wrong here.

If you want me to list facts here we go;

1.)The Marlins will not sport teal in their uniforms in 2012

2.)The logo on the hat above is the ST logo currently used

3.)Seats in a home teams ballpark do not always coincide with team colors

Rich is one of the few around here who have actually SEEN the new look. If he says you're wrong, it's based on factual evidence, NOT speculation.

I agree that the colors of the stadium are not going to be the Marlins actual colors. I think the idea of the stadium's colors being of the spectrum is smart, but for that array of colors to be on a jersey is very odd. I know there is going to be orange. There's no way that the official site(http://florida.marlins.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=fla) could have so much orange. There will be black. The only question in my mind is teal. I predict it will be black and orange like everyone else says. However, I don't think the colors will just be orange and black. There is probably going to be a third color. It should definitely be teal or a darker green, don't get me wrong. I fear that it might be blue or something. That scares me. If you ask me, the Marlins best look was from 1996-2002. The color balance was perfect. The previous look and the current look were two polar opposites. 1993-1995 was too much teal. 2003-present is too much black. I mean wayyyyy to much black. It reminds me of the Chicago White Sox. This was their best look:

fx9u7exfezvl9lz5nzgypqz0m.gif

7dugkbt8f0w81u89l0hzzc970.gif

I'm baffled on how they would go from such a unique color scheme that no one else uses to a color scheme that the Orioles and Giants use.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

So the colors are going to be red (or orange), yellow, blue, and green. I'll stand in the minority and say that the uniforms and logos have a legitamate change to look good. Now, what they need to do to accomplish that is use only two of those colors on the uniforms. Let's say orange and green. The other two colors should only be sparingly used on the logo to give it a desired effect and nothing more. The uniforms may look okay with 3 colors if they can pull off a miracle, but there's no chance it will look good with 4.

Orange and teal would work. Yellow? Eh, I doubt yellow is going to be the stand out color. If they're trying to incorporate colors that go with the state of Florida, the best you can do is orange (for the Florida oranges) and the teal (to represent the beaches and ocean life here). Green works as well but yellow ... well, it needs to be a light shade.

Green, blue, and yellow would've been a really good Rays color scheme, actually. There are a number of directions in which the Marlins could go; virtually all of them would be an improvement over the Grey Baseball Exportation Machine.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I would love to see the Marlins match colours with the Dolphins.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Yeah, that would've made more sense when they shared a building with the Dolphins. Alas, they chose to match colors with the White Sox instead. Now's the time to carve out a unique identity as a distinctly Miami team.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Yeah, that would've made more sense when they shared a building with the Dolphins. Alas, they chose to match colors with the White Sox instead. Now's the time to carve out a unique identity as a distinctly Miami team.

The Marlins look has been steadily getting less and less unique over time, so it should be interesting to see if there new look goes back in the unique direction, or if they end up in even more uninspired unis.

RS-1.png?t=1312302854Bruins.png?t=1312302924Pats3.png?t=1312302963Cel.png?t=1312303005

The original Marlins uniforms managed to classic and modern at the same time. They were unique but didn't look out of place on the field with other teams.

But ever since then, they've been chipping away at what made them so good. And now we're left with an uninspired mess that deserves to be scrapped.

The original Marlins uniforms managed to classic and modern at the same time. They were unique but didn't look out of place on the field with other teams.

But ever since then, they've been chipping away at what made them so good. And now we're left with an uninspired mess that deserves to be scrapped.

The full teal caps looked a little out of place. The black brimmed ones on the road were OK because the road gray seemed to dull everything down a notch, but they looked their best with the black caps and teal wordmark jerseys.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The full teal caps looked a little out of place. The black brimmed ones on the road were OK because the road gray seemed to dull everything down a notch, but they looked their best with the black caps and teal wordmark jerseys.

Agreed, except I like the teal crown black brim cap on the road, in fact that hat is the best hat the Marlins have worn in their history IMO.

RS-1.png?t=1312302854Bruins.png?t=1312302924Pats3.png?t=1312302963Cel.png?t=1312303005

Archived