2011 NFL Offseason Thread

Cujo

Tiki is a failure.

His TV career fizzled.

His NFL career ended too early and he has less than zero chance at Canton. The only way he gets enshrined is if he kills Rhonde and assumes his life.

He has not played in five years and now he tries to comeback at the age of 36. Nobody is going to want him.

So anything less than a HoF career and your a failure? That's a bit harsh.

I'm also not convinced you can say his TV career is over exactly. There are plenty of color commentary gigs he could get, I am sure. Maybe the guy just wants one last chance to show what he can do on the football field.

His TV career failed, and he alienated his former teammates with the Giants, he is not welcomed any where in the locker and the team will likely never honor him despite having a good career. He burnt bridges left and right and that is what makes him a failure.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Five time All Pro

25 Sacks most for a corner

40 Ints.

Those are HOF numbers

If that first stat line you listed is a harbinger of the PFHoF's braintrust, then Jamael Orondé Barber's Hall of Fame aspirations ain't looking too good. You see, five into fifteen = three, meaning he's been voted All-Pro for only a third of his career (assuming the 2011 season still happens). All that said, a pretty good case could theoretically be made for the guy. I'll give you the sack total--that's quite the accomplishment for a defensive back (by the way, its actually 26); however, if you really wanted to throw a noteworthy stat out there, it should have been that he was the first cornerback to hit the 20/20 mark, on the way to accomplishing that 26/40...and yes, Ronde is the only NFL player who can claim that as of now. (For what it's worth, his gloves and jersey from the game in which he hit that mark were donated to Canton.) In addition to that, I believe he's currently third on the all-time list of defensive touchdowns (behind Rod Woodson and Darren Sharper, who I think are tied on that list right now). And, Ronde was just voted onto the NFL's 2000s All-Decade team here a few weeks ago.

As for that sole league title, neither Ronde, I, nor anyone else in Buccaneer Nation should hinge any persuasion on that, because let's be real, most voters, upon seeing, hearing, or reading "Buccaneers", probably still automatically link the word "futile" right behind it-if that weren't the case, then maybe Paul Gruber would have gotten a decent shot to have a bust casted for Canton. In fact, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if most folks have already forgotten by now that the Buccaneers even have that lone Lombardi in their trophy case...but hey, you know, it is what it is.

So, in summary, I would say that Ronde won't be an automatic lock after it's all said and done, but his collective body of work will probably merit some consideration.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

^^^ Being on the All Pro team is much different than being chosen for the Pro Bowl. Ronde was AP All Pro three times (2001, 2004, 2005). And those who vote do talk about All Pro and All Decade participation. Ronde was also on the NFL All Decade team for the 2000's aside Champ Bailey, Ty Law, Charles Woodson.

Then again, there are numerous All Pro teams selected (UPI, now AP; Pro Football Writers; Pro Football Weekly; Sporting News...) The AP one is the one which matter most.

Exactly All-Pro means he is voted the best at his position in a given year, and he was first team All-Pro three times and twice as second team.

Its equal to All NBA team, and in a sport where it not always easy to measure the greatness of a player with stats alone that is a good of any indication that Ronde Barber is one of the best Corners in his era. Add the sacks add his play during the 2002 NFC Title game, where if they gave MVP Awards for Championship games he would have won it. Plus he is the first Corner with 20/20, and you got someone who should be in the Hall of Fame.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Tiki is a failure.

His TV career fizzled.

His NFL career ended too early and he has less than zero chance at Canton. The only way he gets enshrined is if he kills Rhonde and assumes his life.

He has not played in five years and now he tries to comeback at the age of 36. Nobody is going to want him.

Let's not forget that the Giants became Super Bowl champions the year after he left.

Tiki also fails at being a man -- leaving his pregnant wife for a 23 year old intern.

6uXNWAo.png

Exactly All-Pro means he is voted the best at his position in a given year, and he was first team All-Pro three times and twice as second team.

Its equal to All NBA team, and in a sport where it not always easy to measure the greatness of a player with stats alone that is a good of any indication that Ronde Barber is one of the best Corners in his era. Add the sacks add his play during the 2002 NFC Title game, where if they gave MVP Awards for Championship games he would have won it. Plus he is the first Corner with 20/20, and you got someone who should be in the Hall of Fame.

All good points. However, should be =/= automatic lock, and that's the point I was making earlier.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Tiki Barber big-time bothers me. Just an all-around santimonious jerk posturing as some holier-than-thou, brighter-than-thou meathead jock because he went to UVA. Alienated his teammates, crapped on his couch, and left his wife. Watched the Giants win a Super Bowl without him while he smiled through forgettable sideline reports. Writes children's books, though.

Ronde Barber's fine by me.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Tiki Barber big-time bothers me. Just an all-around santimonious jerk posturing as some holier-than-thou, brighter-than-thou meathead jock because he went to UVA. Alienated his teammates, crapped on his couch, and left his wife. Watched the Giants win a Super Bowl without him while he smiled through forgettable sideline reports. Writes children's books, though.

Ronde Barber's fine by me.

I guess he really wanted to make a point before he left his wife eh?

BB52Big.jpg

Tiki is a failure.

His TV career fizzled.

So anything less than a HoF career and your a failure? That's a bit harsh.

I'm also not convinced you can say his TV career is over exactly. There are plenty of color commentary gigs he could get, I am sure. Maybe the guy just wants one last chance to show what he can do on the football field.

His TV career failed, and he alienated his former teammates with the Giants, he is not welcomed any where in the locker and the team will likely never honor him despite having a good career. He burnt bridges left and right and that is what makes him a failure.

I am not arguing he is a great guy, but there are plenty of people who've done pretty :censored:ty things. Newt Gingrich divorced one of his wives on her hospital bed, as an example. Plenty of guys have said bad things about teammates and coaches as they go out the door.

But not being a future hall of famer and stepping back from a broadcasting career do NOT make you a failure, which was your original case.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I wish Brandon Meriweather's ability to shoot people would mirror his ability to tackle people on the ol' gridiron.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Can we please stop hearing about "the classy Patriot Way" from the media now?

What? That was an actual media meme? Must be like that Jim Tressel pristine reputation (prior to this week) bit.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I wish Brandon Meriweather's ability to shoot people would mirror his ability to tackle people on the ol' gridiron.

Was it clear that he did the shooting? I'm obviously not as close to the story as you, but I'm seeing more and more that while he was there, he was not the one that pulled the trigger.

But don't let facts stop you from making some good digs on him. FWIW, he might not be able to tackle folks all that well, but that was one hell of a shot he took at Todd Heap.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Can we please stop hearing about "the classy Patriot Way" from the media now?

I don't think I've read about the "classy Patriot way". Where has that been referred to?

Can we please stop hearing about your idiotic dislike of anything on the East Coast? When you grow up, you'll realize how annoying people like you are.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

At least that was justified - Eli sucks and only has a ring because the defense won it for him.

Don't have a horse in this race but I don't recall a single NY defender on the field when the Giants drove down for their winning SB TD...

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Archived