2011 NFL Offseason Thread

Cujo

C'mon Packers stun everyone haha :P

Nah i'm cool with Charles Woodson still!

C Wood and N A are really good friends from back in the Oakland days. Could be what is holding things up with the Nnamdi Sweepstakes, could be conjecture too at this point. Packers have dumped considerable salary this week already. Woodson already told the Pack he would move to Safety if they were to bring him in. Before the lockout Nnamdi had said his first two teams on the list were the Jets and Packers...

Charles at Strong, NC at Free, Nnamdi and TWill at the corners. THE most dominant secondary the NFL has seen in recent memory. I mean Ted Thompson is so keen on building through the draft, which totally isn't a problem it got us Super Bowl, but if Nnamdi says he wants to come to Green Bay, Charles is a good friend, and you've freed up space.... Might as well take a crack at it.

Looks like the Jets are gonna get him though.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dammit, I wanted Awesome auger on the Bucs.

ESPN just said the Patriots are close to getting Ochocinco AND Haynesworth.

They already signed them both... old news

I've been gone, and I didn't check back for some reason. Damn, Bellicheck better know what he's doing.

FWIW, what I'm able to gauge online, the Jets still remain the favorites for Asomugha's services.

Nothing is for certian yet, but I have a good feeling we're gonna know his destination by the end of the night.

6uXNWAo.png

So the Jets are basically going to get this guy by default? By my count that's three teams that decided not to go after him. If it's down to the Jets and 49ers no offense niners fans but 99% of people would pick the Jets. I still could see the Ravens sweeping in late and getting him.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/darren-sproles-new-orleans-saints-agree-to-terms-072811

A source told FOXSports.com that the Saints have reached agreement on a two-year contract with free-agent running back Darren Sproles. Financial terms weren?t immediately available.

:censored: again.

The Rams are going to ROCK during year 1 of Los Angeles :cursing:

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Texans adding CB Johnathan Joseph and S Danieal Manning on the same day. BIG upgrades to a worthless secondary last year. And with front 7 and depth at LB, should be interesting to watch against Peyton. Is this the year the Colts slip?!?

Guess Chris Burkowitz was wrong. No Nnamdi signing & press conference tonight, as he earlier tweeted lol

NYCdog.png

First, I'm not sure why people think the Pats will be some off-the field horror circus next year. Of the guys in this mold (not that they are in the same mold, more on that in a sec) that BB has acquired in recent memory, Corey Dillon caused 0 problems and played exceptionally well; Randy Moss was a joy for 3 years and when he started to get off the leash a tiny bit, he was gone; and there was no hesitation to cut Adalius Thomas when he started to run his mouth. Even guys who had been loyal Patriots for a long time (Samuel, Seymour, Branch) were promptly shown the door when they so much as asked for a raise. Point being: This team has a zero-bull :censored:-tolerance policy, and with BB's track record in taking in high-risk guys, there is a good chance it won't even come to bull :censored: for a long time. The team will simply not allow the locker room to be distracted by a single player, and if either of these acquisitions even begins to spread some sort of negativity, they will be left on the street as if they had never been part of the team in the first place. That's not to say that Albert can't eat or Ocho can't tweet, but I have no concerns about the front office letting attachment to single players get in the way of team chemistry and loyalty.

Now for the other aspect: These two guys are hardly alike in any way. By all accounts, Haynesworth is someone who will literally take a little nap during a play; I've heard that he might not even like football. He has a criminal background and has a couple of trials outstanding as well. He won't try when the scheme doesn't align with his wishes, and he is just in it for the money (and the food). If there ever were a "Bad Guy" in the NFL, you would think it would be Haynesworth.

Ocho, though, seems to be nothing much more than a diva. You'd be hard-pressed to find people calling him a clubhouse cancer or a distraction to the team. Yes, he is full of himself, but he also seems to be full of dedication for football. He is in top shape, works his but off, talks his mouth off, but is still all about performance. I have never seen him as anything more than very entertaining and I have never seen a problem with how he conducts himself. He is supposedly not a speedster but a spectacular route-runner (sort of the anti-Randy Moss when it comes to diva WRs), but he has held up extremely well, producing a lot in a bad offense last year at 32 years old. Throw in his bromance with Belichick, and I am dancing in circles at the news of this trade. I have little doubt he will both extremely fun to watch and extremely focused on winning.

Maybe Haynesworth doesn't pan out, and I'm certainly not banking on it. Maybe Ocho falls off a cliff this year at age 33. That's possible too. But when you look at the Patriots' history with these risk/reward guys and the dirt cheap price they paid, I find it hard to be anything but optimistic. This could have a huge positive impact or it could have zero impact -- either way, it won't be negative, I imagine. No matter what, though, it is always exciting to be a fan of this team; Belichick always seems to have something unbelievable up his sleeve.

About Asomugha -- Can Belichick look into this guy too? He hasn't really spent much money yet. ;) If he goes to the Jets, as it seems is inevitable, the AFC East becomes must-see TV (if it isn't already). Revis and Nnamdi, are you kidding? The Jets' D should be historically good, and as much fear as that incites as a Pats fan, it makes the rivalry even more intriguing and high-stakes, which is just fun to see as a football fan. Hell, these last 2 days have brought more fun than some entire offseasons. I'm ready for September.

Bears sign Roy Williams, details unknown as of now. In talks with Mike Sims-Walker as well. 49ers are going to make the Bears pay up if they want to convince Kreutz to stay, and I think they'll wait for the weekend cuts to sign a couple offensive linemen.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Great off season for the 49ers so far: :wacko:

-Center Eric Heitmann to miss second consecutive season

-LB Takeo Spikes signs with the Chargers

-Heitmann's fill in David Baas signs with the Giants

-49ers resign QB Alex Smith to one more year worth 5 million

-RB Frank Gore announces he is going to hold out

-WR Michael "I Love Fashion" Crabtree is out with a foot injury

-Joke of the Week: Like Asomugha is really going to sign with the Niners

NFC WEST 2011

Rams (9-7)

Cardinals (7-9)

Seahawks (6-10)

49ers (5-11)

Darren Sproles to the Saints. Upgrade over Reggie. No pics so as not to offend Mr. Cujo.

Wait, maybe he'd be okay with a picture of Nnamdi. B)

All you guys panting over Nnamdi is pretty funny. History shows that this process usually ends up for naught. Guys sign their monster deals, go to their new teams, every fan is pi**ing themselves with excitement, and...yeah, it's one player on an eleven-man team. One player. Even if he's extraordinary, he's only one guy and one guy does not a champion make.

The Jets having Revis already, sure, that makes it more interesting, but it all comes down to whether the two guys can really co-exist (stars are often divas, and 'dream teams' usually not so dreamy) and whether that team really wants something like 25% of their salary cap tied up in two DBs. Just doesn't make sense given the fact that one or either could go down with injuries at any moment and then you've got a lot of nothing for all that money.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Nice! No more Sproles up the middle for a loss of two! Thanks, Saints!

Well, I was pretty happy with the results the last time the Saints signed a Charger FA. :D

Seriously, from your statement it seems more like they were misusing Sproles than any problem of his. He won't be going up the middle in Payton's offense. They've got Pierre Thomas and Chris Ivory for that.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Archived