NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

100% confirmed: The uniforms will not have any red in them besides the maple leaves. Mark Chipman confirms this on the Fan 590 Sportsnet Radio interview.

http://www.fan590.com/onair/primetimesports/

Skip to the 27 minute mark.

Now he does say that the uniforms will be blue but does not say whether it's powder blue or navy.

If you're going to have a teensy bit of red in the logo, it wouldn't hurt to have a teensy bit of red in the striping. Otherwise, there's only red for the sake of the maple leaf. Now of course by this logic, the Blackhawks would be obligated to include trace elements of green and indigo in their striping patterns, but the Blackhawks kinda get to transcend these things, I guess. The Jets have always been red, white, and blue. All the other colors look neat, just get a little bit of red in there to break things up a little.

I don't get this "I have a friend close to True North who says Mark Chipman HATES red" thing that's all around the internet hockey circles, specifically HFboards, the inner ass of internet hockey circles. First of all, I don't get how everyone on the internet has a friend close to True North. Maybe they mean they all have a friend who is nearly facing north but not quite, and he is offering conjecture on Mark Chipman's color preferences. Maybe the friend close to True North is Kevin Bacon. I dunno. But who hates red? It's red! That's like hating blue. I get it if someone wants to hate, say, lavender, or teal, or chartreuse, but good old fundamental red? Okay...

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Someone put one of the white hats on Ebay. It has 26 bids and is currently at $66.

BTW - I am not the lister on the item. If I had $100, I would think about making a bid.

why? nothing against the hat but why spend 100$ when you can get it soon for a lot cheaper

i was thinking the same thing

Soon? How 'bout today?

https://www.rivercitysports.com/US/viewproducts-06.cfm?league=nhl&team=Winnipeg%20Jets

If you're going to have a teensy bit of red in the logo, it wouldn't hurt to have a teensy bit of red in the striping. Otherwise, there's only red for the sake of the maple leaf. Now of course by this logic, the Blackhawks would be obligated to include trace elements of green and indigo in their striping patterns, but the Blackhawks kinda get to transcend these things, I guess. The Jets have always been red, white, and blue. All the other colors look neat, just get a little bit of red in there to break things up a little.

The Blackhawks aren't/weren't the only team to feature colours in their logo not found on their jerseys.

Vancouver Canucks feature navy on their main logo, not found on anywhere else on the jersey

Dallas Stars in the 90's had Gold on their logos but not the jerseys. Same with every Senators jersey.

Tampa used to have silver on their logos but not the jerseys, etc...

Vancouver Canucks feature navy on their main logo, not found on anywhere else on the jersey

Don't forget that silver used to crack the ice for the birthing whale to emerge.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Someone put one of the white hats on Ebay. It has 26 bids and is currently at $66.

BTW - I am not the lister on the item. If I had $100, I would think about making a bid.

why? nothing against the hat but why spend 100$ when you can get it soon for a lot cheaper

Soon? How 'bout today?

https://www.rivercitysports.com/US/viewproducts-06.cfm?league=nhl&team=Winnipeg%20Jets

Wow. Talk about a seller's market. $35 hats? It's not like I was expected $12, but maybe $25. If the people will buy 'em...

Soon? How 'bout today?

Wow. Talk about a seller's market. $35 hats? It's not like I was expected $12, but maybe $25. If the people will buy 'em...

Yeah, but that's only $30 Canadian. $20 Canadian by next week!

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The Blackhawks aren't/weren't the only team to feature colours in their logo not found on their jerseys.

Dallas Stars in the 90's had Gold on their logos but not the jerseys. Same with every Senators jersey.

the most obvious was the Nordiques. Logo was mainly red and red was nowhere to be found on the jersey until 1991 when they added a red trim to the numbers.

the most obvious was the Nordiques. Logo was mainly red and red was nowhere to be found on the jersey until 1991 when they added a red trim to the numbers.

Yet it worked even before they added the red to the numbers. It was just enough of another color to not look out of place.

I keep wanting to say that the Nords had red pants in the early days of the WHA, but I'm never 100% certain about it. 37 year old memories and fuzzy hockey cards don't help.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

NHLUniforms.com's wacky disco burnout cousin, WHAUniforms.com, says they did wear red pants their first four seasons, including one season with what most associate as the "traditional" Nords look:

Nordiques4.gif

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived