2011-2012 NCAA Football Uniform Thread

Lights Out

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wyoming should just go back to these uniforms from back when they won conference championships:

500px-Wyoming2.jpg

That uniform is putrid.

Putrid? Compared to what they have now?

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Wyoming should just go back to these uniforms from back when they won conference championships:

500px-Wyoming2.jpg

That uniform is putrid.

Maybe it's because I was born and raised to bleed brown and gold, I don't find our current look all that putrid. I really like our current combos. Especially this one

4cc3e7b7493be.image.jpg

I also might add that I may be in the minority among Wyoming fans, but I really liked the prairie gold phase. I wish it would have stayed in style, but I don't mind the traditional yellow.

14.jpg

(Really loved the old prairie gold whites on top of brown bottoms seen here in this large picture)

For some reason the links don't take you directly to the page, but if you got to the MAC section and the NAIA Independents section you'll see it.

It's because the site uses frames. The new page doesn't load in the main window but a frame inside of it.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

500px-Wyoming2.jpg

That uniform is putrid.

Maybe it's because I was born and raised to bleed brown and gold, I don't find our current look all that putrid. I really like our current combos. Especially this one

4cc3e7b7493be.image.jpg

I also might add that I may be in the minority among Wyoming fans, but I really liked the prairie gold phase. I wish it would have stayed in style, but I don't mind the traditional yellow.

14.jpg

(Really loved the old prairie gold whites on top of brown bottoms seen here in this large picture)

Yellow looks much better. The weird side panel ruins the uniform.It servers no purpose whatsoever. I do have to say however, the prairie gold uni's are better than the ones they have now.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

if the speed machine collar did not exist, i would be happy.

I can look past it like I did for the shoulder flywire. It's not that bad.

As I've said before, though, Nike's recent work does make me somewhat nervous about the fact that our athletic department staff visited their facilities last year. I hate to think what could go wrong if they decide to do a university-wide rebranding.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Wish those were in NCAA 12, those are so sick. Nice photoshop job too

Agreed. I didn't buy NCAA12 because of that. They better quality the picture, the better these uniforms look.

if the speed machine collar did not exist, i would be happy.

Me too, but it isn't as bad as the flywire. The cap sleeves and lack of outlined numbers on the white and black tops are my biggest complaints with these new uniforms.

New Iowa State alternate helmet:

axmavr.jpg

H/T: Wide Right and Natty Light

This would have been perfect if the helmet had been yellow.

axmavr.jpg

Iowa State had the potential to establish a consistent and classic identity with their rebrand a few years ago. Too bad they're screwing it up. <_<

I wouldn't call the addition of a white alternate helmet a screwup of their (in my opinion) very well-done identity revamp. The logo and helmet stripes are consistent with the revamp. Now, if they choose to wear the helmet with the home uniform set, well, then that's another story. But if they go with an all white set that's otherwise consistent with the current identity package (like KU did against Mizzou last year), then I'd say they did okay.

axmavr.jpg

Iowa State had the potential to establish a consistent and classic identity with their rebrand a few years ago. Too bad they're screwing it up. <_<

I wouldn't call the addition of a white alternate helmet a screwup of their (in my opinion) very well-done identity revamp. The logo and helmet stripes are consistent with the revamp. Now, if they choose to wear the helmet with the home uniform set, well, then that's another story. But if they go with an all white set that's otherwise consistent with the current identity package (like KU did against Mizzou last year), then I'd say they did okay.

I would agree with you if Iowa State had white accents on their jerseys (whether it be number outline, striping, etc.) or a pair of white pants, but the fact that the rebrand limited the team colors to cardinal and gold is why this is a screwup in my books. There's no white anywhere on the uniforms except for the white jersey itself, which in my opinion is not enough to warrant an all-white helmet. Even if they were to introduce a pair of white pants to wear with this helmet, it's too far of a departure from the distinct cardinal and gold identity they established in the rebrand. Fwiw I think a gold helmet would look great with their uniforms. This is clearly a case of whfwhs (white-helmet-for-white-helmet's-sake). :P

Three or four years after the fact, and I'm still trying to figure out this whole "I-State" thing. :wacko:

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

axmavr.jpg

I would agree with you if Iowa State had white accents on their jerseys (whether it be number outline, striping, etc.) or a pair of white pants, but the fact that the rebrand limited the team colors to cardinal and gold is why this is a screwup in my books. There's no white anywhere on the uniforms except for the white jersey itself, which in my opinion is not enough to warrant an all-white helmet. Even if they were to introduce a pair of white pants to wear with this helmet, it's too far of a departure from the distinct cardinal and gold identity they established in the rebrand. Fwiw I think a gold helmet would look great with their uniforms. This is clearly a case of whfwhs (white-helmet-for-white-helmet's-sake). :P

what are the odds it's just a mockup/prototype?..the shell is definitely an older model schutt which led me to believe it wasn't intended for game use (yet)

axmavr.jpg

what are the odds it's just a mockup/prototype?..the shell is definitely an older model schutt which led me to believe it wasn't intended for game use (yet)

It's not a Schutt it's a Riddell VSR-4 that they had lying around I would suppose. You can tell because of the ridge on the crown and the lack of air holes

Archived