2011-2012 NCAA Football Uniform Thread

Lights Out

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Didnt see this posted in this thread, so I apologize if it's been covered, but I saw this on Ray Drew's (highly touted UGA recruit) facebook today. It appears to be a couple of options for a pro combat for UGA, rumored to be worn for our first game against Boise State in the Georgia Dome

201851_1926177197952_1347828792_2176161_7015614_o.jpg

I'm digging the black facemask on the second helmet, I'd assume the pants are the same black-white-red stripe, just truncated in typical pro combat style. The first numbers appear to have a red channel in between the black stroke and white numbers, in the same style of the striping on the compression sleeve in the second option. Weird that these two elements would not appear on the same mockup. It's hard to tell but looks like the compression sleeve on the first one is silver. Also interesting to note is the fact that the number font appears to be different than our usual block numbers, these look closer to Alabama's font. The jersey on the second one with its plain white numbers and lack of a black collar instantly reminded me of the crimson tide.

Has anyone heard anything about this?

That's not real. It's a photoshop that's been posted on Uni Watch.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Oh what in the hell.

Listen, football players, if you want to wear camo that badly, so you can go to WAR with your SOLDIERS, enlist. Lord knows there's ample opportunity in this country right about now.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Don't know if this was posted already, but it appears Michigan is testing out their new uniforms for next season in spring practice. They never wore their new adidas uniforms last year, but there seem to be some minor changes including:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPNnbQwGs98&feature=player_embedded#at=18

- Block "M" added above nameplate on the back.

- All the awful yellow piping and panels is gone off the road uniforms. (#3, Marvin Robinson is wearing it at 1:29 of the video)

- The large nameplates are now gone as well, replaced by the tiny NY Giants letters that are illegible.

The new roads for Michigan look way better. Of course that practice reminded me of semi pro teams since there was like 7 different types of jerseys in play. I really hope that Buckeye helmet was photoshopped. I can't think of why they would come up with helmets just for spring practices

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Kansas is getting the new TechFit from adidas it appears. Their official football site has renderings of all the uniforms. Looks like the white uniforms have blue piping, the blue uniforms have red piping and the crimson uniforms look to be returning after a year off.

20110330133249.jpg

Looks like they'll have a powder blue throwback uniform with a white helmet as well. The throwbacks could be very nice.

throwback.png

Archived