2011-2012 NCAA Football Uniform Thread

Lights Out

I love what Penn State is doing. I hate thick, bulky collars... so why not make a simple uniform even simpler? Their old uniforms were so plain that the alternate color on the collar was actually a little distracting.

Kudos to Penn State for refusing to give in and throw a bunch of unnecessary crap on their uniforms. It's only boring if a school doesn't have a tradition to back it up. Penn State does.

Mariners | Sounders FC | Seahawks | Washington State

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh dear lord, I just lost all respect for TCU. I thought these were a full replacement of the old unis.

Hey, when your school doesn't have anything else to offer...wear a :censored: load of uniforms.

Yeah, TCU has nothing else to offer... :rolleyes:

That's the message your AD is sending. If you need 8,000 uniform combinations to get recruits who are passionate about uniforms, good for Nike.

The traditional football powers don't see the need for 4 helmets and 4 sets of uniforms. LDT, Andy Dalton, Jerry Hughes, and other TCU players seemed to do okay with one helmet before this gimmicky Nike infusion. Why whore yourselves out change?

No, it isn't. This is a note to supporters of the athletic program. He is just doing it to quell the fears of the old fuddy duddies who don't like change. TCU doesn't whore itself out to Nike. TCU said no to what Nike wanted TCU to wear in the Rose Bowl and wore exactly what TCU wanted. Whatever happens in TCU Football happens because Gary Patterson wants it to (and so far he hasn't been wrong on much).

I love how people love to blame stuff on Nike. Do you REALLY think Nike wants us to wear old uniforms that they aren't selling replicas of when we have new ones?

TCU has plenty of things to offer recruits and students alike. Oregon has a ton of uniforms. Do they not have anything else to offer recruits or students?

agreed...this is a total cya on the department's behalf to stem the backlash...this unveiling was indeed to unveil replacements but they are chickening out...the '10 designs are not intended to integrate with the '11 combos at all...maybe the helmet but that is it.

PSU didn't change a thing.They could've atleast made the sleeve cuffs and the collars different colors.

PSU's collars and cuffs have been different colors for at least the last 30 years, guy. The new unis make the collars and cuffs the same as the rest of the uniform.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

PSU didn't change a thing.They could've atleast made the sleeve cuffs and the collars different colors.

Uh, kind of like what they've been wearing up until this year?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Speaking of new and tweaked uniforms for next season, Penn State is getting new uniforms!!!!!!!!

It was rumored for a while but I guess it is now official. Ladies and gentlemen, I introduce to you, the new 2011 Penn State uniforms!

1081867.jpg

They really had nerve enough to call that new! LMAO! But I can't complain, it's still classy. Boring, but classy.

Speaking of new and tweaked uniforms for next season, Penn State is getting new uniforms!!!!!!!!

It was rumored for a while but I guess it is now official. Ladies and gentlemen, I introduce to you, the new 2011 Penn State uniforms!

1081867.jpg

100% PERFECTION!!!!

(**) (**) (**) (**) (**)

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

PSU's uniforms put me to sleep

But they have way classier uniforms than Oregon, and a way better identity too. Never mind the fact that their entire identity is based on a senile old coach who refuses to give it up. :rolleyes:

classier uniforms, yes. better identity? no. Oregon's identity trumps all...then again, it depends on how people define identity in sports these days

PSU's uniforms put me to sleep

But they have way classier uniforms than Oregon, and a way better identity too. Never mind the fact that their entire identity is based on a senile old coach who refuses to give it up. :rolleyes:

classier uniforms, yes. better identity? no. Oregon's identity trumps all...then again, it depends on how people define identity in sports these days

I wouldn't say Oregon's identity trumps all, but yes it does trump Penn State.

jNTsTyQ.png

the only thing that ever keeps Penn State looking fresh is the fact they always seem to be donning the newest helmets in the college football scene.

I can't think of one besides the Ion-4 and TTU and others (incl. TCU) wore those early too.

Oh dear lord, I just lost all respect for TCU. I thought these were a full replacement of the old unis.

Hey, when your school doesn't have anything else to offer...wear a :censored: load of uniforms.

LOST RESPECT? TCU had respect outside of North Texas? LOL

Seriously though, as a [TRUE] fan I have to say that I'd rather people not respect TCU for its uniforms than just not respect them because they're TCU (bitter Wisconsin/B1G Fans, I'm talking to you!)

Some people don't know this, but TCU has been with Nike for a while now, and they're just experimenting with different looks. It still wont take away from the team. I know you old school people hate tthem (and even I personally would take the 2009 unis over this) but they don't look bad at all. I don't see what's so "hideous" about the numbers, and it's not like they went too crazy with the design, so what's up with all the heart attacks?

I'm not feelin' the helmet. The frog should be there and if you have to have a stripe, make it black/white/black or black/(thin)silver/white/(thin silver)/black. Other than that, I think they're ok.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Archived