Superbowl XLV

Luigi

Game-winning score: Roethlisberger hit by Matthews as he throws, the pass goes off-target and into the arms of Nick Collins who takes it back for the Lombardi-winning pick-six in OT. :D

Well, it didn't happen in OT and it was basically a gift from Big Ben, but Collins did get his pick-six.

CCSLC signature.png

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Enjoy the win Packers fans. Thanks for letting me and all the other playoff bandwagon jumpers borrow your team for a few weeks. Now it's time for me to return to the sad reality of being a Cleveland Browns fan.

If I may,

Enjoy the win Packers fans. Thanks for letting me and all the other playoff bandwagon jumpers borrow your team for a few weeks. Now it's time for me to return to the sad reality of being a Cleveland Browns Cincinnati Bengals fan.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Enjoy the win Packers fans. Thanks for letting me and all the other playoff bandwagon jumpers borrow your team for a few weeks. Now it's time for me to return to the sad reality of being a Cleveland Browns fan.

Are you serious? I thought you were a fan of the Packers and Browns... learn something new everyday.

Was it just me, or was DPOY Troy Polamalu (and his hair) a complete non-factor in this game? I was listening to the Packers Radio Network call and I don't recall his name being mentioned one time throughout the whole damn game.

In fact he blew the coverage the led to the Packers' last TD.

And yet they still managed to find a way to praise him for that play. :blink:

Oh my God... what a game. But man, it's certainly nice for the players (Donald Driver, Charles Woodson), coaches, executives to finally be proven sticking with Aaron Rodgers was the right thing, and of course for all the fans, not just the ones who own stock (Gothamite, Infrared, Illwauk, and myself on here, sorry if I left anyone else out). Congratulations to the Pittsburgh Steelers, as they fought valiantly too, they nearly rallied three times in the game. Now, I just have to hold my breath, and that's for labor peace.

I don't own stock, but I'm a season ticket holder (thus my screen name).

Go Pack Go!

It's where I sit.

Was it just me, or was DPOY Troy Polamalu (and his hair) a complete non-factor in this game?

The most overrated player in the game today. Burned on at least two Green Bay scores. And of course the media will find a way to blame it on how banged up he still is, eventhough he's played every single down for during the playoffs.

And to pile on, how he won DPOY was an absolute crime. I didn't even know he was in the running, and dude freaking WON it. I compare that to Jeter's gold glove from last season -- some sort of 'lifetime achievement award' or whatever.

6uXNWAo.png

Was it just me, or was DPOY Troy Polamalu (and his hair) a complete non-factor in this game? I was listening to the Packers Radio Network call and I don't recall his name being mentioned one time throughout the whole damn game.

Oh my God... what a game. But man, it's certainly nice for the players (Donald Driver, Charles Woodson), coaches, executives to finally be proven sticking with Aaron Rodgers was the right thing, and of course for all the fans, not just the ones who own stock (Gothamite, Infrared, Illwauk, and myself on here, sorry if I left anyone else out). Congratulations to the Pittsburgh Steelers, as they fought valiantly too, they nearly rallied three times in the game. Now, I just have to hold my breath, and that's for labor peace.

Go Pack Go!

Oh, perhaps, I didn't state it in that best way. I simply mean all Packer fans, season-ticket holders, stockholders, and Packer fans in general.

Go Pack Go!

Oh, perhaps, I didn't state it in that best way. I simply mean all Packer fans, season-ticket holders, stockholders, and Packer fans in general.

No problem - it's all good!

It's where I sit.

Props to Jordy Nelson for having a crazy game, if it weren't for two drops and the third in the endzone he probably is MVP.

It wasn't just Nelson. Rodgers had at least half a dozen of his passes either get dropped or go right through the receiver's hands, and many of those would have gone for scores. If those are all caught instead, this game's a blowout.

CCSLC signature.png

Props to Jordy Nelson for having a crazy game, if it weren't for two drops and the third in the endzone he probably is MVP.

It wasn't just Nelson. Rodgers had at least half a dozen of his passes either get dropped or go right through the receiver's hands, and many of those would have gone for scores. If those are all caught instead, this game's a blowout.

Oh for sure, James Jones once again but he had another crucial catch late. Everybody made up for it.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Not to mention, that James Jones drop. Polamalu was nowhere near him, and if he held onto that ball, he could've taken it to the house. Even if Steeler fans bitch about turnovers, all you have to do is point to the dropped passes and say... "it could've been a lot worse."

Are you serious? I thought you were a fan of the Packers and Browns... learn something new everyday.

I am a Packers fan. I'm just not enough of one to "claim" this Super Bowl win or anything. The Packers are at the top of the list of many NFL teams that I enjoy watching but when it comes to being a "true fan" (whatever the hell that means) my loyalty is to the Browns. It's complicated. :D

BB52Big.jpg

I've made hundreds of these sigs since I've been on CCSLC, but none have ever been sweeter to post and look at than this one:

NFL_GreenBay_SBchamps.png

It's very nice, but you got the year wrong. 2011-12 season doesn't begin for about seven months if it ever does.

Fixed that for ya. As for this season, the last week of the regular season and all of the playoffs took place in calendar year 2011, so "2010-11" is quite correct.

Sorry, but you're wrong. Hyphenated years are for soccer and hockey. This is the 2010 season, plain and simple.

I've made hundreds of these sigs since I've been on CCSLC, but none have ever been sweeter to post and look at than this one:

NFL_GreenBay_SBchamps.png

It's very nice, but you got the year wrong. 2011-12 season doesn't begin for about seven months if it ever does.

Fixed that for ya. As for this season, the last week of the regular season and all of the playoffs took place in calendar year 2011, so "2010-11" is quite correct.

Sorry, but you're wrong. Hyphenated years are for soccer and hockey. This is the 2010 season, plain and simple.

Yep. They'll be remembered as the "2010 Packers". It's not like we go around talking about the "72-73 Dolphins", or the "85-86 Bears".

6uXNWAo.png

Well if indeed we have NFL to start next September off the Packers possible opponent will be who?

Bears - Probable but not very attractive.

Vikes - Intriguing but no.

Lions - It'd be nice to see them in primetime but not yet.

Saints - Last two champs going toe to toe? Very possible.

Bucs - Doubtful.

Rams - No way.

Broncos - Probably not.

Raiders - See Broncs.

Packers v Saints to kickoff 2011? Hell yeah's!!!

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Archived