Superbowl XLV

Luigi

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least Slash was there. :D

You didn't seriously think the NFL would allow the Halftime Show to pass without trotting out an aging rocker.

Also, I see the Black Eyed Peas are Raiders fans.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Slash was the best thing about the half time show. No one knew the words.... that chick, when you hold the microphone out for the crowd to sing, make sure its a song people know....

THe best show was Bruce Springsteens a few years back.

And Christina Aguilleerra... I don't think any time in my years of watching the Superbowl (probably the last 5 or 6) that I've been able to work out the words to the USA national anthem.

Packers should run away with this...

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

[quote name='NJTank' timestamp='1297041847' post='14791

That was awful

I do agree with Tank. That was really bad.

Those 14 minutes proves that Fergie has not no rhythm and Usher saved it to a degree. They could have done better with Public Enemy on stage for a global audience.

The Kid Rock in a USA flag poncho/Janet Jackson b**bgate was actually a good show, until that 4 seconds (Super Bowl XXXVIII). They may have to go back to olds.

Well this Half-Time show was momentarily saved by Usher....

Not even Usher or Slash could save this halftime show. The only thing that would have been worse is if it was Nickleback instead of the Black-Eyed-Peas.

I'm suprised I haven't noticed this before, but every Black-Eyed-Peas song is basically the same. They all have these elements in it.

1. Beat sampling from other songs (I know this is a common occurrence in music these days, but that's a different topic for a different day)

2. Will.I.Am singing the chorus and the other three people either repeating what he says or singing ooh, ahh, or yeah.

3. Auto-toning the crap out of everyone's voice

4. Fergie attempting to sound like Mariah Carey

5. Shouting at the top of their lungs either "Put Your Hands Up" or "Get Up"

If it doesn't have those 5 elements then it is not a Black-Eyed-Peas song.

jNTsTyQ.png

Well this Half-Time show was momentarily saved by Usher....

Not even Usher or Slash could save this halftime show. The only thing that would have been worse is if it was Nickleback instead of the Black-Eyed-Peas.

I'm suprised I haven't noticed this before, but every Black-Eyed-Peas song is basically the same. They all have these elements in it.

1. Beat sampling from other songs (I know this is a common occurrence in music these days, but that's a different topic for a different day)

2. Will.I.Am singing the chorus and the other three people either repeating what he says or singing ooh, ahh, or yeah.

3. Auto-toning the crap out of everyone's voice

4. Fergie attempting to sound like Mariah Carey

5. Shouting at the top of their lungs either "Put Your Hands Up" or "Get Up"

If it doesn't have those 5 elements then it is not a Black-Eyed-Peas song.

To be fair, their earlier stuff (i.e. Where Is The Love?) wasn't as bad with this kinda stuff as the new stuff is. Just sayin'.

6fQjS3M.png

Archived